Lever and Wilson canned...

much ado about nothing. fired is fired. I am pretty sure they talked on the phone all the time about every conceivable aspect of running the Dogs. Maybe Bob brought him up last year to have a close look at Lever and did not like what he saw.

Yeah, I don't think it's so classless. Imagine how awkward it is calling someone in to see you only to be fired.

Its called being a man. You dont do things or no do things because they might be awkward. You do them or not do them because its the right, proper and or prudent way to do things

Saying it might be awkward is gutless and not very classy at all. This organization is going down the shitter fast. Mark my words, nobody will sign here, on first choice, ie no superstar free agent. And this organization will never attract any coach better than Martin, with moves like this.

So now Gainey is not a "man?" He's got 6 Cup rings, a Habs captaincy, a playoff performance with a one dislocated and one separated shoulder, history of personal courage, and an army of colleagues who express profound admiration for him as a professional and a human being that say different.

I'm with habs rule on this. Non-entity is fired. Big whoop. The end.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

So now Gainey is not a "man?" He's got 6 Cup rings, a Habs captaincy, a playoff performance with a one dislocated and one separated shoulder, history of personal courage, and an army of colleagues who express profound admiration for him as a professional and a human being that say different.

Ya but Gainey st8 out sucks as a GM so far.

Injuries ect early call ups rushing up Young price. It not the Lever Wilson Combo

It the Gainey Carbo combo that ran team into ground.

Lever well he wants NHL shot and not getting it. Wilson should have stayed on the Farm.

Martin wants a whole new system that proves to exiT playoffs early along with already being a failed GM.

Hate to say it faithful but things look dark right now.

Injuries ect early call ups rushing up Young price. It not the Lever Wilson Combo

Lever well he wants NHL shot and not getting it. Wilson should have stayed on the Farm.

Martin wants a whole new system that proves to exiT playoffs early along with already being a failed GM.

Habsguru33, is that you?

Sure Phatz, but you can say that Gainey had built steadily, patiently, then the bottom fell out this year. And he is cutting heads - coaching staff, minor leagues, soon a host of underperforming FA players - making it clear that:

1 - he will not stand pat for a failed season

2 - he is fully prepared to assume responsibility / accountability, and, like a 'man', will not walk away from the problem but try to fix it and right the ship

A dumba*s gm would have been trading away youth for vets, getting shortchanged everywhere, in an effort to ensure a playoff appearance in our 100th season, blah blah blah. Burke is amusing, but he builds slowly and steadily. look at his reaction to Kevin Lowe / Dustin Penner to see how much he admires the riverboat gambler type.

All will be revealed in about two weeks, methinks!

That's one hell of a post, need some more of this brilliant analyses ... :D:unsure:

Edited by bombTHEice

an interesting comment was made in a blog somewhere maybe engels, if you are not going to bring Lever up as a head coach because he is anglophone then there is no point to keeping him. Bob needs a guy coaching the Dogs that he can bring up wheb he fires Martin. So here we go again but anglo only coaches need not apply, we don't care how good you are.

an interesting comment was made in a blog somewhere maybe engels, if you are not going to bring Lever up as a head coach because he is anglophone then there is no point to keeping him. Bob needs a guy coaching the Dogs that he can bring up wheb he fires Martin. So here we go again but anglo only coaches need not apply, we don't care how good you are.

As a francophone I feel sorry to hear/read such comment.

I feel worse knowing it's kinda true.

Seems to me all we are doing these days is looking back at what these past heroes had done 25 years ago as the sole justification for letting them off the hook for everything they aren't doing today.

If you think firing someone over the telephone is professional no one is going to change your mind, but just for interest sake take a poll of the people around you, I guarantee more will find is classless than not.