Habsworld Draft Central

Trizzak

Well, we just went and got a goalie with the last pick of the draft, Finnish G Petteri Simila. Looks like future considerations going the other way...

Wow, the guys is 6'6"! And we already had Missaen at 6'8"

Told you we drafted big, farter! :D

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now it's being reported that we moved our 6th next year to get the goalie. In case anyone's wondering why we didn't move a 7th, the Pens technically have that pick (a conditional one) from the T.J. Kemp deal earlier on this year.

You know, I just have to thank all of you guys and your awesome posts in this thread. Frankly that goes for other threads as well.

At worst this forum is amusing (still a compliment) and at best it is insightful and thought provoking.

I read this forum everyday, post rarely now, but for what it is worth I just wanted to thank all of you, but mostly the regular posters who are truly committed fans of this great team for continuing to provide me with an ongoing source of food for my Habs cravings.

Cheers! And Go Habs Go!

A 6th for a 7th? Weird trade to make

There was a trade earlier on that saw a team move a 5th next year to get a 6th this year, so it's not uncommon. They probably would've moved their 7th had it not been tied up in that condition I referenced earlier. He's obviously someone they liked, so it's alright. Who knows, perhaps a UFA's rights get dealt for a 6th next year closer to July 1st...? :)

A 6th for a 7th? Weird trade to make

It's all relative to the talent too, right. This draft was considered very deep while next years is supposedly going to be a pretty weak draft.

A guy in the 7th round this year might be equivalent to someone in the 5th round next year.

I've posted a recap of our picks to conclude HW's 2009 draft coverage (aside from the Draft Pool results...)

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1802

This is a good read and I encourage members here to read this. The front page is the best feature for me in regards to this site.

On a sidenote, anyone notice BLOWHARD jack@ss Brian Burke did nothing for the Laughs. hahaha losertown is still losertown!

And notice who is comparable is. (Next to "Style".

I can't wait to see this guy play in N.A next year.

Imagine him with the other slick russian Trunev :o

I can't wait to see this guy play in N.A next year.

Imagine him with the other slick russian Trunev :o

I'm not sure he'll be in NA next year, I remember reading that Avtsyn was going to stay overseas for at least 1 more season, despite what Timmins said during his media scrum yesterday.

I'm not sure he'll be in NA next year, I remember reading that Avtsyn was going to stay overseas for at least 1 more season, despite what Timmins said during his media scrum yesterday.

Both Trunev and Avtsyn are signed for one more year in the KHL/Russian juniors. It'd be cool if both could be brought over to play in Hamilton in 2010. It might make them less likely to jet if there are two of them down there to keep each other company.

I didn't word that very well, allow me to rephrase.

I took next year as the one after this upcoming season (us habs fans have been done for a while now ;) )

Avtsyn will play his last season (this new season) in Russia then come here to "play anywhere they want me to".

Timmins is very high on this guy and says he is AHL ready right now, so that has to say alot about his physical maturity at least. Trunev will be here roughly the same time frame, so the sooner the better

Wow, Scott Howson tried his hardest to screw himself over at the draft. Before the draft was anywhere near their 16th OA pick, Howson decided to trade back to 26. His stated rationale was that he didn't think any of the players on his short list would be available at 16. That's right, he traded back before the first 5 picks were even finished, because in his infinite wisdom he knew his guys wouldn't be available. Then, he has to scramble to trade back up to 21 OA so he can take one of the guys whom he didn't think would be available at 16. Way to almost screw the team out of a guy you wanted! :clap:

Wow, Scott Howson tried his hardest to screw himself over at the draft. Before the draft was anywhere near their 16th OA pick, Howson decided to trade back to 26. His stated rationale was that he didn't think any of the players on his short list would be available at 16. That's right, he traded back before the first 5 picks were even finished, because in his infinite wisdom he knew his guys wouldn't be available. Then, he has to scramble to trade back up to 21 OA so he can take one of the guys whom he didn't think would be available at 16. Way to almost screw the team out of a guy you wanted! :clap:

I hope he didn't want De Haan, but it looks like he might have based on him picking Moore. Snow tricked the Wild, who apparently wanted De Haan, when he traded up to their spot. The Wild thought the Isles wanted Kassian. It'd be funny if Snow tricked two GM's into trading their picks, thinking that De Haan would still be available at their later pick.

Another Timmins draft, more NCAA guys the Habs will have for 50% of the time that the Habs own their rights for. Great job!! :puke:

Molson family please please please fire Timmins before he gets to screw up yet another draft. ^_^

Another Timmins draft, more NCAA guys the Habs will have for 50% of the time that the Habs own their rights for. Great job!! :puke:

Molson family please please please fire Timmins before he gets to screw up yet another draft. ^_^

What are you talking about? They retain their rights until 30 days after they have left college, however long that may be.

And thank god the molson's wont be taking your advice any time soon. And I know for a fact that Bob ain't listening to you.

What are you talking about? They retain their rights until 30 days after they have left college, however long that may be.

And thank god the molson's wont be taking your advice any time soon. And I know for a fact that Bob ain't listening to you.

I think he means the fact that a lot of these college players are there until they're 23 or so, with UFA eligiblity at 27. Compare that to a CHL'er getting signed at 20, and there's a big gap for how long the team gets to use the players picked in the draft.

Are you trying to tell me that player that go to the NCAA dont become UFA's at 27? afaik every player becomes UFA at 27.

Any player drafted in the 1st 3 rnds that are going to the NCAA are a complete waste of a pick.

Timmins is highly successful at wasting high round draft picks. 6 wasted picks in the last 3 drafts.

Seriously look at his track record, its really is shit.

Whats the point in wasting half your picks on players who tell you up front that your team is their secondary priority for them and that they'll only be available for 50% of the time that you have his rights for? Its useless.

Are you trying to tell me that player that go to the NCAA dont become UFA's at 27? afaik every player becomes UFA at 27.

Any player drafted in the 1st 3 rnds that are going to the NCAA are a complete waste of a pick.

Timmins is highly successful at wasting high round draft picks. 6 wasted picks in the last 3 drafts.

Seriously look at his track record, its really is shit.

Whats the point in wasting half your picks on players who tell you up front that your team is their secondary priority for them and that they'll only be available for 50% of the time that you have his rights for? Its useless.

Max Pac did jump sooner. You never know. For my part, I prefer intelligent educated young men over a little punk who thinks that it is cool to ride 200km on a moto or a Ferrari...

They'll all be in the NHL around the same time. It's not like the guys going to Juniors are going to hit their ceilings in their first pro season. Even if he stays for his entire degree, he'll still be in the NHL by the time he's 22 or 23. Same as any other player. And he'll enter his prime at 25 or 27. Same as any other player.

As for drafting players that tell you up front that your team is a secondary priority, Leblanc said that he wanted to be at Harvard for 1 year or 2 years max before making the Habs. I don't think he'll be ready, but that's besides the point. Making the NHL is his priority, same for any other prospect.