Habsworld Draft Central

Trizzak

Darren Dreger thinks the Isles are leaning towards Duchene as well.

I've already considered him an Avs prospect for a couple weeks now, gonna be weird if we get Hedman or Tavares. I won't complain though.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Dreger thinks the Isles are leaning towards Duchene as well.

I've already considered him an Avs prospect for a couple weeks now, gonna be weird if we get Hedman or Tavares. I won't complain though.

He just wrote that on Twitter. I thought he was joking...

Dreger is also saying Duchene might be the Isles' picks. McKenzie mentionned the Isles top brass loved Duchene in the OHL playoffs; and he's drawn comparisons to Brian Trottier.

Imagine, Tavares falling to 3rd OA? That'd be like Bouwmeester being 1st overall since he was 16 yrs old and endingup 3rd on DD

Yeah, local FAN station just said they think the Isles are leaning towards Duchene as well.

Only an hour left, can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

NYI trade 1st overall pick to Montreal for Higgins, Plekanec, McDonagh & negociating rights to Komisarek. While making that official annoucement, a loud "BOOM" can be heard: Brian Burke's head explodes.

And with the 1st overall pick, Montreal manages to draft someone nobody likes.

NYI trade 1st overall pick to Montreal for Higgins, Plekanec, McDonagh & negociating rights to Komisarek. While making that official annoucement, a loud "BOOM" can be heard: Brian Burke's head explodes.

And with the 1st overall pick, Montreal manages to draft someone nobody likes.

I'm gonna feel bad if Montreal does actually draft someone nobody likes. That kid is gonna hear it.

Like last night when the Knicks took Hill and none of the Knicks fans wanted him. They went crazy.

Here's what going to happen. MTL will trade Markov in a deal for Vinny, then Gainey will turn around and deal a 3rd round pick to florida for Jaybo's rights and then announce they've signed him long term.

Now THAT would make my night.

Well, the Kessel-for-Kaberle rumours are flying hot and heavy. Interesting idea, Satan trading with Beelzebub.

Really? TSN is reporting the deal is dead. Saying there was a lot of miscommunication between the two teams.

I'm gonna feel bad if Montreal does actually draft someone nobody likes. That kid is gonna hear it.

I got this recurring scene in my head that Timmins announces yet another pick nobody wanted and the crowd just erupts in a chorus of boos. I cant remember the last time the Habs picked a guy in the 1st round that people had foreseen and desired.

Please Bob & Tim, just for once in your entire life, go with the popular vote. Just this once.

I got this recurring scene in my head that Timmins announces yet another pick nobody wanted and the crowd just erupts in a chorus of boos. I cant remember the last time the Habs picked a guy in the 1st round that people had foreseen and desired.

Please Bob & Tim, just for once in your entire life, go with the popular vote. Just this once.

Why? I want my team to draft the BPA, not the popular choice. Who *cares* what ignorant fans think?

Sounds close to my recurring nightmare that Lacroix's puppet takes Evander Kane over whoevers left from the big three.

Or worse, MPS.

Sounds close to my recurring nightmare that Lacroix's puppet takes Evander Kane over whoevers left from the big three.

Or worse, MPS.

I'm having the same nightmare, but it's with Holland (:puke:) Kreider ( -_- ) or Shore ( :nono: )

12 entries in the Draft pool. Contestants' choice for Habs 18th pick:

4 - Louis Leblanc, C

2 - Simon Despres, D

2 - Chris Kreider, C

1 - Zack Kassian, RW

1 - Peter Holland, C

1 - Jordan Caron, RW

1 - Jeremy Morin, LW

12 entries in the Draft pool. Contestants' choice for Habs 18th pick:

4 - Louis Leblanc, C

2 - Simon Despres, D

2 - Chris Kreider, C

1 - Zack Kassian, RW

1 - Peter Holland, C

1 - Jordan Caron, RW

1 - Jeremy Morin, LW

Després could go anywhere from 13th to out of the 1st. I'm not really high on him. Total package: size, talent, skating; but seems to be a soft character, doesnt really plays with an edge.

Kassian will never fall to 18th. I'd love him though. Would be the Habs' version of Lucic, but he'd need to take Latendresse-skating lessons.

Holland: I hate him already. Reminds me of Chad Kilger, bleah.

Morin is a darkhorse. He's a sniper that could go to Buffalo at 13th or fall all the way down to the end of the 1st round because the rest of his game is iffy.

Kreider looks like a Kristo, Higgins type: good skating, good physical, but something lacking in the hockey-sense department will limit them at the NHL-level. Timmins loves those, go figure why.

You know, nothing ordinary ever happens in Montreal when it comes to NHL things. I expect some sparks and excitement out of this draft day.

Mark my words!

This draft will be full of twists and punches!

According to HW Pool entries:

1st pick:

9 - Tavares

2 - Hedman

1 - Duchene

Louis Leblanc will be selected:

2 - 13th

1 - 15th

1 - 17th

4 - 18th

3 - 21nd

1 - 25th

I have Hedman go 1st; and Leblanc going to Columbus (I think?!) because he reminds me of Brassard and he's a Hitchcock-type of player

Hey, I just found out that the acting GM in Florida is Randy Sexton. I met and spoke with him a good deal a couple years back when he came in Quebec for the Pee-Wee Tournament. I wonder if I could get through to him and get a scoop on J-Bo?!

Mark my words!

This draft will be full of twists and punches!

I have Hedman go 1st; and Leblanc going to Columbus (I think?!) because he reminds me of Brassard and he's a Hitchcock-type of player

I have Hedman at 1st and Kreider to the Habs