Habsworld Draft Central

Trizzak

I haven't been posting here for a while.. but I'm really happy with our draft so far. Love the last two picks, Bennett and Avtsyn.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes YET another Right shot player... Gabriel Dumontt he only none Right shot was the Rightwing Russian

Good we get all these RightShot players I've always thought they have an edge... remember one of my posts years ago when I said the Sabres were kicking ass cause they had the most rightshots in any team

Montreal takes Avtsin at 109!

Happy, Habit?

YAY!!!!!

Steal of the draft I kid you not. This guy is pure gold if he stays on his development curve, he has massive offensive potential.

I was hoping they would trade up into the second to get him.

Bouillon is 5-8

I'm well aware, but I was simply commenting on how this team seems to have a surplus of small centres. I have no idea who this kid is, BUT in general I think we need to start drafting size all around the rink. Too many years of seeing this team get pushed around by bigger stronger opponents.

I'm well aware, but I was simply commenting on how this team seems to have a surplus of small centres. I have no idea who this kid is, BUT in general I think we need to start drafting size all around the rink. Too many years of seeing this team get pushed around by bigger stronger opponents.

"we need to start drafting size"?

We already started. Look at our recent drafts, or even today's. We draft big: O'Byrne, Lapierre, Latendresse, Pacioretty, Fischer, McDonagh, Quailer, Conboy. Doesnt mean we have to shy away from a little ball of fury like Dumont. I tell you, Dumont doesnt get pushed around as much as his size suggests. He plays big. He'll need to add much more muscle, but so does all 18 yrs old. He's a Derek Roy: same size, same character, same work ethic, same talent. In the 5th round, that's a damn good pick.

"we need to start drafting size"?

We already started. Look at our recent drafts, or even today's. We draft big. Doesnt mean we have to shy away from a little ball of fury like Dumont. I tell you, Dumont doesnt get pushed around. He plays big. He's a Derek Roy: same size, same character, same work ethic, same talent.

Like I said, I dont know anything about this guy, but that sounds good.

Like I said, I dont know anything about this guy, but that sounds good.

I'm damn happy getting him with only a 5th. Compare the pick to Sergei Kostitsyn getting pick in the 7th round. Late pick with 2nd round upside.

I've seen Dumont play, he plays way bigger than his size. I'm sure Kozed can back me up on this one.

Sure does. Like I said, Derek Roy is the best possible comparison. Roy is 5-9, 188 and he plays physical. Dumont will hit, drop the gloves. Sort of like Ray Ferraro back in the days, Dumont is a little ball of hate.

YEAH

GABRIEL DUMONT!!!

Very underrated player, hard worker, was a force in the QMJHL playoffs for Drmmondville. Small but fiesty.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...dr-scrbrd-draft

R5/139 Gabriel Dumont, C

2008-09 Stats

HT WT Team GP G A Pts PIM +/-

5-9 170 Drummondville (QMJHL) 51 28 21 49 63 28

Scouting Report: Upped his stock with a memorable performance at the 2009 Memorial Cup in Rimouski... plays an industrious brand of hockey and never quits on a play... has a good nose for the net and sound two-way presence... is willing to pay the price for his teammates, no matter what he had to do... has been compared to Stanley Cup hero P Maxime Talbot for his work ethic and leadership qualities... is quite undersized (5-9, 170 pounds)...

A lot of people were rooting for this pick. Even if his size prevents him from being a top 6 forward, he seems like he could wind up like Metropolit.

6 18 169 MTL DUSTIN WALSH Mar 20, 1991 SHANNONVILLE, ON CA 6' 2" 175 OJHL KINGSTON C

http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=3748777

Never heard of him but I like that we're doing to centers what we did to d-men a couple of years ago. Turning a weakness into a strength in one day.

A lot of people were rooting for this pick. Even if his size prevents him from being a top 6 forward, he seems like he could wind up like Metropolit.

Well, he was a 3rd liner with the Volts and still managed to be a PPG player.

BTW, Habs also have Dany Massé who was with Dumont on that Volts team. And rumors says Volts coach Boucher will be the next Hamilton coach.

And another center, from the USHL: Michael Cichy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...dr-scrbrd-draft

I can hear the puns now: "Ouin, Cichy un bon joueur ça?"

So we got 5 out of 7 players that are centers. I bet next year we go and get 4 goalies.

Having Massé and Dumont adds character to depth chart.

Not only should they have skills, a team needs warriors.

If Guy Boucher coaches the Dogs next year, he will fist have Massé

and later Dumont.

Frankly except Leblanc and Dumont i never seen any of these players.

But i very much like these two.

The only choice i do not like is the Fin it doesn't even sounds good on report.

The team seems to convert a lot of drafted Cs to wingers, though.

Yeah, it's a lot easier for a guy to transition from center to wing than the other way around. If I were running a team, I'd always draft more centers than wingers.

So we got 5 out of 7 players that are centers. I bet next year we go and get 4 goalies.

Leblanc isn't necessarily a 1st line centre. Using our top pick on an offensive C next year wouldn't hurt. We could still use some depth.

We're running low on forwards in general. Imagine had we picked up Kassian!

Well, we just went and got a goalie with the last pick of the draft, Finnish G Petteri Simila. Looks like future considerations going the other way...