Bye bye Francis Bouillon

rafikz

Yes. The only UFA to have received an offer thus far is Komisarek.

Corus Sports, affiliated with CKAC, claims to have good info that Gainey is definitely working on a major deal that will fundamentally reshape the team's financial structure:

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/koval...25-1621621.html

According to this, NONE of the Habs' extant UFAs except Komisarek are part of Plan A.

Frankie has been a good soldier for this team but I'm happy to hear that we are moving on. Reality is that we should be able to do better than him next year and with all the promising D prospects coming up we dont want to be tied down to a long term contract for a guy who's a 3rd pairing at best.

Frankie has been a good soldier for this team but I'm happy to hear that we are moving on. Reality is that we should be able to do better than him next year and with all the promising D prospects coming up we dont want to be tied down to a long term contract for a guy who's a 3rd pairing at best.

Cube as 7th D and Begin as 13th F would be ideal on my team... (with the salary that goes with it, e.g. 900k)

However, at this point in their career, they want icetime and guaranteed roster spot, with the salary that goes with it (e.g. above 1.2M)

That's sad, but we have to deal with it.

and the choice is an easy one to make if it's Kosto vs Begin and Gorges vs Cube.

Yes. The only UFA to have received an offer thus far is Komisarek.

Corus Sports, affiliated with CKAC, claims to have good info that Gainey is definitely working on a major deal that will fundamentally reshape the team's financial structure:

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/koval...25-1621621.html

According to this, NONE of the Habs' extant UFAs except Komisarek are part of Plan A.

This is a plan I can get behind. A couple of the Habs' UFAs are unlikely to find the deals they'd want on the open market (notably Kovalev, Lang and Schnieder, IMO), and could be brought back short term if they fit the team's plans going forward come July 5th or so. Koivu and Tanguay could be trickier, but the theme of the day right now is change, so we'll have to live with the consequences.

frankie may be back but at a reduced salary and short term deal. Bob will wait until after july 1 to see how it all shakes out, but it definitely looks like we are heading into new and uncharted waters. Apparently Bob is going to go for the gusto this year.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/20638

RDS also says that Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey will focus on re-signing three players: Saku Koivu, Alex Tanguay and Mike Komisarek.

He would keep Koivu over Lang and Kovalev?

Are you kidding me ?

Edited by rafikz

He would keep Koivu over Lang and Kovalev?

Are you kidding me ?

kovalev blows, he is so over rated, iam sick

and tired hear about how much talent

this guy as, but shows up once every couple years, if koivu must GO so be it but give me a break on the great KOVALEV..if koivu is out because we are starting over then kovalev should go to...

and over lang, much older and just got his leg cut off, i dont know why any team would take koivu over him??????give me a break..

With Koivu, at least you know what you're going to get... can't quite say the same about Kovalev. If Gainey is looking to invest his money in sure things, signing Kovalev certainly isn't a priority.

Komisarek, Tanguay, and Koivu would be my picks to keep around as well.

How can Kovalev be a first liner on every NHL team when he clearly can't even make the fourth line of his Country? Very Over-rated!

Kovalev is better than Koivu even at half-speed, live with it. Maddeningly inconsistent, but can be a game-changer.

Koivu might have intangibles that none of us know about, but is only an option at 2nd ctr, even then limited.

Curious to see what BG has up his sleeve...overhaul at C? D? The works? Bad apples off the cart?

I would sign Kovy over Koivu any day. Koivu is one of my favourite all time Habs and I love the little feller, but if he aint willing to sign short term for 3 million or less, then bye bye lil buddy. Kovy, as enigmatic as he is, is a game changer.

I want Kovalev back. He's hugely entertaining, he loves Montreal and fits the city, and, yes, he is a game-breaker, the one guy the other team truly fears (even when he's snoozing, they don't want to wake him up). And his game isn't in the same *obvious* decline that Koivu's is. Koivu at this stage needs to be a 'valuable veteran presence' on a team where he can play a supporting role. I don't know that he (or his teammates, or the fans) can accept such a role for him in Montreal. I'm sure that in a place like Jersey he will excel as one of a number of contributors and even have stretches where he looks like his old self. In Montreal he will always be competing with his former self, as well as being measured by a legacy of failure that is not his fault. Sometimes you need a change of scenery and this might be the time for Saks...God love him.

Psychologically, too, as a fan, I feel the need for a break with the years of horrible weakness down the middle. Keeping Koivu seems too much like clinging to a safety net instead of finally making the jump. That may not be good 'hockey' thinking, but it's real nonetheless.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber