Michael Jackson Dies at Age 50!

Habsfan

Well, the King of Pop is dead.

I'm kinda iffy on this. I never really liked him and the rumours that he was a pedophile didn't do anything to help my opinion of him!

It was already in the Music thread but it did deserve it's own thread.

PS - Fara Fawcett also died today.

Everyone's status on FB right now is crying out about this. I'm not insensitive to it, but, sort of crazy. We go from no one talking about Michael Jackson for ages to everyone talking about Michael Jackson.

Everyone's status on FB right now is crying out about this. I'm not insensitive to it, but, sort of crazy. We go from no one talking about Michael Jackson for ages to everyone talking about Michael Jackson.

He was a generational talent whose work affected millions. Yeah, he was a weirdo but he's also one of the greatest musical performers of all-time (most would argue the greatest). He made Thriller, man....Thriller.

He was a generational talent whose work affected millions. Yeah, he was a weirdo but he's also one of the greatest musical performers of all-time (most would argue the greatest). He made Thriller, man....Thriller.

Yeah, for sure, but the fact that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure that 75% of the ppl "mourning" via FB status' right now were making fun of him yesterday.

Yeah, for sure, but the fact that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure that 75% of the ppl "mourning" via FB status' right now were making fun of him yesterday.

Thats the thing though, I don't think anyone is sad Michael Jackson has passed away. People are sad that the man who made Thriller and Bad passed away.

I used to make fun of him all the time too but the truth is he had a host of psychological disorders. I always bought into the theory that he liked kids because he missed out on his childhood and that he never actually realized what he was doing was wrong. The latter part of his life was pretty messed up and he probably deserved more sympathy then anyone actually gave him. I don't think anyone close to him tried to get him the help he desperately needed (because the rest of his family minus Janet are just as freakin' bizarre)

Sucks shit, mahn. Hope the afterlife treats him better.

here's our generation's Elvis momment.

Damn, I thought the exact same thing when I first heard.

8 years too late.

....who died in 2001?

Elvis died at 42. 8 yrs younger than Jacko.

Oh. :lol:, I thought you meant 9/11 or something.

I don't think they have to be the exact age for it to be the same kind of thing. 50 is still too early to go.

I always bought into the theory that he liked kids because he missed out on his childhood and that he never actually realized what he was doing was wrong. The latter part of his life was pretty messed up and he probably deserved more sympathy then anyone actually gave him. I don't think anyone close to him tried to get him the help he desperately needed (because the rest of his family minus Janet are just as freakin' bizarre)

Yeah, same here actually

Oh. :lol:, I thought you meant 9/11 or something.

I don't think they have to be the exact age for it to be the same kind of thing. 50 is still too early to go.

Perhaps 2001 was also the last time MJ's music career was relevant?

Perhaps 2001 was also the last time MJ's music career was relevant?

What's sad is 2009 was supposed to be the year he made his huge comeback. His big tour was supposed to start in a couple weeks even though there was some doubt surrounding it (partially concerning his health)

This is not a loss and while it will be sensationalized his death SHOULD warrant no coverage. The man abused children and used his power/money to get away with it. I fail to see how people continue to support him...just one more piece of evidence that too many people are simply idiots and that our society protects the weak minded.

When Farrah Fawcett got to heaven, God gave her a wish. She prayed that all the worlds children would ne safe so God killed Michael Jackson.

Jackson'ss doctor was trying to give him CPR after he collapsed and his nose fell off....and Michael's last words were "turn on the air con i am melting".

When two Paramedics arrived at Michael Jackson's Home, the 1st paramedic said "what should we try first", the other replied "don't know about you but I want the Roller Coaster."

M.J. asked not to be buried after his death, but instead he asked to be melted down into lego blocks, so that the kids can play with him.

Luckily for the all the kids in the world M.J. is dead, but now Casper The Ghost is ****ting himself.

Michael Jacksons family have decided to sell his possessions on eBay to raise some funds.... rumor has it that Gary Glitter is the highest bidder for his laptop!

This is not a loss and while it will be sensationalized his death SHOULD warrant no coverage. The man abused children and used his power/money to get away with it. I fail to see how people continue to support him...just one more piece of evidence that too many people are simply idiots and that our society protects the weak minded.

I can certainly see where you are coming from, but how does this warrant no coverage? There was a time when you could say Jackson was the most famous man in the world. Whatever he did in his personal life, people are going to be interested in his sudden death.

Yeah I see it about the same way as Quebecois. I don't think one thing necessarily rules out the other.

On one hand Michael Jackson had a unique impact on the music industry.

On the other hand, Michael Jackson may or may not have been sexually attracted to children, which obviously is sick - at the very least he was a weird person and he led a weird life (which is partly due to an unusual upbringing I'm sure).

Why can't both be possible at the same time? Why does one of these statements rule the other one out?