Havlat, Hossa or Gaborik

alexstream

Scoring wingers  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming that they can all STAY HEALTHY and can all be signed to the same salary, who would you take.

• Marian Hossa
    • Martin Havlat
    • Marian Gaborik

forget that they have been injury prone, just go for your favorite player

assume that they all accept identical contracts

who do you prefer between

Hossa

Havlat

Gaborik

I'm going Havlat. I think he's more of a game breaker and has more "drive".

Hossa because he's the best all-around player.

However, Havlat is one of my favourite NHL players, so I'd actually be the most excited if he signed here.

Hossa because he's the best all-around player.

However, Havlat is one of my favourite NHL players, so I'd actually be the most excited if he signed here.

Havlat and Gaborik have struggled to remain healthy. Hossa will have a huge ticket.

Tanguay for me too.

As for the other 3: Hossa is the most complete, Havlat the most talented and Gaborik the best sniper. I dont know how having to play for Martin again would sit with Hossa & Havlat. Gaborik would be the most exciting, I think, just because he's one of the fastest wingers in the world and the closest to score 50 goals (if healthy), but he just bought a house in the Vancouver area.

Havlat is the most gifted overall, and plays great in the playoffs; but he's also just an injury waiting to happen. After having Koivu for 10 years and finally being rid of his injury-prone streak, there'd be something weird about going out and getting the exact same infirmary-club member in Havlat.

hossa hands down. havlat is getting banged up. gaborik is also brittle, plus he seems to not always show up. i imagine gainey would be taking gab on walks by the river with kovy quite often. great talent when he wants to show it.

Havlat did play 81 games last season...gaining strength with age?

Gabby is just as injury prone as Havlat.

Hossa will probably demand the most $$$.

I'd go with Havlat mostly because I'd want to watch him play 6-7 games vs Sens.

I took Gabs! but would prefer to keep Tangs! (cheaper option maybe) and with some luck would like to have both. But thats a big time pipe dream. :zzz:

:ghg:

GO hAbS GO!

Edited by Chips

No Cammalleri? He's a solid scoring winger.

Gaborik has incredible skill, but Hossa is the safer bet.

guys, I mentioned those 3 cause they are the top 3, on a 7M category of their own.

after that, you have the 5M category with Tanguay and Cammalleri

I'd still go at the Sedins. otherwize none of the choices are sexy to me.

And have a 7.357M #2 C? Before the Gomez trade I would have agreed with you.

I think our money is best spent on D and an impact winger.

If they could land the Sedins there wouldn't be aby reason to resign Tangauy or Kovalev. So the habs could add them and a D man and still be ok with the cap. I would go that route. my guess is a 0% chance of that but i can dream.

I would say Gaborik, Hossa will resign in Detroit. Havlat in Chicago.

Gettting Gomez may sway soem finishers since he is a true set up man.

Am I the only one that thinks that since we got Gomez, we might also go after Gionta. He and Gomez had a career season together a couple years ago. Bob might hope they can redevelop some chemistry and that he could sign Gionta cheap (yeah, I know, Gionta is the runt of the litter)

Am I the only one that thinks that since we got Gomez, we might also go after Gionta. He and Gomez had a career season together a couple years ago. Bob might hope they can redevelop some chemistry and that he could sign Gionta cheap (yeah, I know, Gionta is the runt of the litter)

Signing Gionta would be a characteristic Gainey move (unlike acquiring Gomez). And a worthwhile move, too, provided the price is right.

I still prefer the Sedins. Yes, it will create a cap crunch. But those guys are rock-solid, consistent, elite forwards.

Of the players listed here, Hossa is far and away my preference, but I will admit that IF I could forget about his comical history of injuries Gaborik would top the list.

Sadly, though, I think Bob is going to have to up the ante in order to keep Komisarek. And given the possibility of a blueline without Komi and with no significant additions, I must admit that is probably a better move than signing a high-priced forward. Gionta plus Komisarek would probably do more for the overall team than Hossa minus Komisarek.