Habsworld Official 2009 Free Agent Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Sakic

I know he's technically a UFA but does he really count anymore? TFP didn't even bother putting him on their list and GMs aren't really bothering to contact his agent.

His decision has been made already, apparently. I hope he'll be back one more year, I'd hate to see a snowblower end up as the thing that ended his career.

I know he's technically a UFA but does he really count anymore? TFP didn't even bother putting him on their list and GMs aren't really bothering to contact his agent.

His decision has been made already, apparently. I hope he'll be back one more year, I'd hate to see a snowblower end up as the thing that ended his career.

Reports leaked yesterday that Joe was about to start the lawnmower.

Boy, hopefully Beauchemin was offered on July 1st by the Habs and he said no. I can't imagine not going after him at a cap hit of under 3.5 million.

Or he didn't want to come to Montreal in the first place, that I've heard a few times already.

Or he didn't want to come to Montreal in the first place, that I've heard a few times already.

On July 1st, Gainey said in his Press conf that he wasn't a priority

On July 1st, Gainey said in his Press conf that he wasn't a priority

That too...injuries are a concern with him, he's coming off a torn ACL; quite often players are never the same after...(that injury ended my baseball playing days).

how do they have the cap space?

and shit, those games are gonna suck.

Beauchemin also just signed with TOR. Glad we have no cap left thanks to 8hrs of firesale spending ...

He'll probably play well against us for 4 games considering he takes about 50% of them off.

Not worried, we'll be fine. I still think Gainey has something brewing.

That's wonderfull news, he's going to kill us next season, guaranteed.

can this day get any worse..

Beauchemin also just signed with TOR. Glad we have no cap left thanks to 8hrs of firesale spending ...

yep! :wacko:

ok... so the Sens are going to smack us around on the powerplay and the leafs get to smack us around the ice. :huh:

More reason for us to make sure we put a solid product on the ice in October!

GO HABS GO!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Chips

He'll probably play well against us for 4 games considering he takes about 50% of them off.

Not worried, we'll be fine. I still think Gainey has something brewing.

that's called a coffee dump.

can this day get any worse..

yep! :wacko:

ok... so the Sens are going to smack us around on the powerplay and the leafs get to smack us around the ice. :huh:

Ya, and Beauchemin appears to have signed for the same money as Spacek...

so he really was asking for 6M then, if he waited that long to sign a 5M... dammit, those guys are greedy.

I'm pretty sure Beauchemin signed for 3yrs/10million correct?

All of the sudden, I feel like I am back in 90's.... I was so happy when Gainey came and we started to get out of rebuilding mode... Darn it - it is hard to be Habs fan :angry:

I'm pretty sure Beauchemin signed for 3yrs/10million correct?

I believe RDS said 3 years and OVER 10 mil. So we'll have to wait and see the details.