Habs UFA Thread

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSN reports 5 years at 30.

RDS is saying 30 million for 4 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now they are saying it's for 5 years!

Edited by Habsfan

YEAH BABY!

Good job Bob! Great signing, and great job putting a fresh look on this team.

A. Kost - Gomez - Camms....

Me like a lot.

I live in Calgary right now, saw abunch of live Flames games and Camms was a BEAST!

LOVE IT

Agreed. Bob ######ed up with Komisarek. Had he negotiated with him last year, or maybe last summer or even early on this year, he could have locked him up for a long period of time. BUt by waiting til the last minute, he opened the door wide open for Komi to test free agency. With less than 2 weeks to go, Bob made his first offer to Komi. No matter how good it might have been, Komi only had to wait 2 more weeks to hit free agency. He would have been an idiot not to see what he could get.

###### Bob!! All of you will scream when Komi ends up in Boston or with the Rangers. He will kill our tiny forwards!!!Mark my words!!

Can you imagine what Boston will look like if Komi ends up there? Wideman, CHara, Komi on the back end and Lucic and Wheeler up front.

I've been patient with Bob, but I don't like the Gomez and the Gill pick ups. Spacek is an OK player, but he's small(5'11) and is 35 years old. He'll be making 3.83 million$ per year...that's not exactly cheap!

PLease, we used to laugh at Gill when he was with Toronto. Our forwards could skate around him like they wanted. He was a pylon out there!

I think Bob handled Komi perfectly. Komi is so over rated. No clue why so many Habs fans have such a hard on for Komi. He's 1 dimensional, he maybe 6'5" 240 lbs of weakling. Most of you are delusional thinking Komi is tough simply because of his size. I've never seen a player his size get his ass handed to him in fights by people he has 20-30 lbs on. I've also never seen a guy Komi's size punch like a girl before, or instigate a fight and get dropped when the other guy somehow manages to punch him 1st.

IMO Souray for 5.5 mil/yr would be a better deal than Komi at 4.5 mil/yr, and Komi will probably get 6+. Its crazy, he so isnt worth even 5 mil/yr even if some stupid GM out there will give him 6+ because he's an "all star". The only way I can see Komi being an all star ever again is if Toronto signs him and they get the all star game during his contract and all the Laff fans stuff the ballot boxes just like the Habs fans did this year. :lol:

Can we afford Kovalev and still resign our RFA's?

I would be content if that were the case.... where's our resident capologist?

We've gone from:

Kovalev

Tanguay

Koivu

Lang

Higgins

Kostpoulos

Schneider

Komisarek

Brisebois

Bouillon

Dandeneault

McDonagh

Valentenko

to

Gomez

Cammalleri

Spacek

Hill

Pyatt

Busto

Bob still has a long way to go to stop this summer from being an utter distaster.

So Bob actually winded up being the biggest player of July 1st? That's a shocker.

yeah sick. But signing Marian Hossa is bigger than Gill+Spacek+Camms IMO...

I'm getting annoyed with Pierre McGuire. All this guy ever does is rip the Habs.

Pierre, there is a reason you work for TSN>

McGuire is right. The acquisition of Cammalleri is great, but once again, he's a small forward. How long have we been saying that we need a BIG CENTRE?? We still don't have one!

Cammy is a Habby! I like this.. does anyone have the terms? its 5 years I think...

A little high on the $$$ if it's $30 mil indeed, but you have to love what Cammalleri brings to the table. Martin is definitely being given some toys to play with.

Cammy is a Habby! I like this.. does anyone have the terms? its 5 years I think...

30 million$

I think it's funny. TSN runs a promo for Cammalleri and how good he is just before breaking the signing and then slam him saying he was a product of Langkow and Iginla.

WTF is wrong with these guys?

RDS just said that one of the 2 teams Komisarek might be headed to is Toronto!

Edited by Habsfan

Now we have two good centers. Were does that leave Pleks.

I think we'll see Camma as a LW.

not sure about Gill's. or Space-man! :unsure:

currently cap hit = $42.85 for 15 players

Here are the qualifying offers (took Higgins off the list)

14 Tomas Plekanec, C (26): $1 800 000 - arbitration eligible

28 Kyle Chipchura, C (23): $903 000*

84 Guillaume Latendresse, LW (22): $892 500

32 Shawn Belle, D (24): $660 000* - arbitration eligible

78 Mathieu Aubin, C (22): $563 750*

36 Matt D'Agostini, RW (22): $558 800*

70 Gregory Stewart, LW (23): $550 000*

35 Loic Lacasse, G (23): $522 500*

42 Olivier Latendresse, C (23): $522 500*

RDS just said that one of the 2 teams Komisarek might be headed to is Toronto!

That is fine with me if it is for $6M per