Habs UFA Thread

Perhaps I'm wrong regarding Mara's salary:

Roughly translated: Mara, who earned $ 1.95 million U.S. last season, has agreed to a slight reduction in salary to join the Habs.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...rrain-connu.php

This isn't confirmed though, just a report at this time.

Wow cool! Very good signing at that price.

A player who want to come to Montreal. I like that!

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow cool! Very good signing at that price.

A player who want to come to Montreal. I like that!

Players who wanted to stay and were told no, and now players who flat out want to come! Incredible!

I read somewhere it was Gomez who called Gionta about coming to Montreal. Not sure if that's confirmed, but that definitely helps. And no doubt Cammalleri was lured by the fact he'd play with Gomez.

And people think Gomez is brutal. A little overpayed, no doubt, but he's got incredible puckhandling skill and he'll be a thrill to watch, especially with shooters like Cammalleri/Gionta/AKost. I'm pumped. Can we start the season yet?

Nice Mara! More size on the blueline. He is sure not Bouwmeester but still has pretty decent skills and will add confidence to the rest of the team.

nicely said :clap:

I'm happy with the Habs adding Mara. Better depth D signing than I was expecting, to be honest.

I agree. I'm content with this signing (assuming that the contract is 2M or less)

Players who wanted to stay and were told no, and now players who flat out want to come! Incredible!

I read somewhere it was Gomez who called Gionta about coming to Montreal. Not sure if that's confirmed, but that definitely helps. And no doubt Cammalleri was lured by the fact he'd play with Gomez.

And people think Gomez is brutal. A little overpayed, no doubt, but he's got incredible puckhandling skill and he'll be a thrill to watch, especially with shooters like Cammalleri/Gionta/AKost. I'm pumped. Can we start the season yet?

:ghg: :B)

http://habsinsideout.com/boone/20902

Rumor stage, I suppose: Mike Boone claims Travis Moen is about to sign with the Habs. Finally, a real saskhab if true!

Yeah, just saw that. That would definitely be some insurance for BGL since he's constantly injured. Giving a 4th line winger rotation of Stewart, Laraque and Moen. Not bad at all.

Awesome. Mara's better than Gill and he seems to be coming for less money. Moen would be an incredible pick up. I don't see how we're finding the cash though. :?- I think Gainey may have to get rid of Metropolit.

Awesome. Mara's better than Gill and he seems to be coming for less money. Moen would be an incredible pick up. I don't see how we're finding the cash though. :?- I think Gainey may have to get rid of Metropolit.

We'll see if Boone has this one right (I'm assuming it's from Josh Gorges or people close to him that he got this from, Moen and Josh were teammates in junior). Max Pac can still play in the AHL next year, and there are still trades that could happen.

I love signing these guys in their 20s (but then it sucks when your Komi walks away at 27).

Mara's a 29 year old, 20+ point 6'4 d-man (of course, he's probably only going to be here for one season) and Moen's a 27 year old 6'2 bottom 6 forward that can fight. (Cammalleri's also 27 and we just locked him up for 5 years.)

Despite the complaints about how weak our D is, I think it's the best group in the Conference. Thanks to additions like Spacek and Mara, we have plenty of guys that can play on the PP and the PK, unlike last year where we had to ditch a 2nd for Schneider.

Despite the complaints about how weak our D is, I think it's the best group in the Conference. Thanks to additions like Spacek and Mara, we have plenty of guys that can play on the PP and the PK, unlike last year where we had to ditch a 2nd for Schneider.

D is generally a team concept, but in terms of talent, I'd trade our D's for Philly's any day of the weak. Pronger, Timmonen, Coburn... that's a hell of a D. Of course, I wouldn't want their goaltending. :unsure:

D is generally a team concept, but in terms of talent, I'd trade our D's for Philly's any day of the weak. Pronger, Timmonen, Coburn... that's a hell of a D. Of course, I wouldn't want their goaltending. :unsure:

I forgot that Philly had brought in Pronger. I don't think their bottom half is that impressive though.

Our 1 through 6 of Markov, Hamrlik, Mara, Spacek, Gill and Gorges makes me happy. Weber can stay in the AHL and O'Byrne is limited to a depth role.

I love signing these guys in their 20s (but then it sucks when your Komi walks away at 27).

Mara's a 29 year old, 20+ point 6'4 d-man (of course, he's probably only going to be here for one season) and Moen's a 27 year old 6'2 bottom 6 forward that can fight. (Cammalleri's also 27 and we just locked him up for 5 years.)

A season of Mara means guys like Subban and Weber get more time to develop. I like these kind of depth signings too.

Edited by yorickbrown

YES !!!!!

Finally Travis Moen is a habs!

I love this guy. He is very physical and a serious pain in the ass to play against.

Imagine how much of a pain in the ass he'll be when lineup up with lapierre!

I've rarely been that excited before. I'm thinking of pulling a Cartman and freezing myself till October (Wii episode, Southpark)