• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Bob will re-sign TK and Dandy to fill out the roster:

Cammalleri..... Gomez.....Gionta

A. Kost..........Plex.....D'Agostini

Lats.........Laps..............TK

S. Kost.......Metro........BGL/Dandy

RESERVE Forwards: Stewart + Chips + MaxPac (Hamilton??)

Spacek & Markov

Gorges & Hammer

Dandy/Weber & Gill

RESERVE D: O'Byrne + Subban (Hamilton??)

Camm isnt playing at C guys. He signed to play with Gomer.

Martin will have the last say to that my friend. and that will depend on:

IF we do have a second line with the other forwards then yes Camm stays on the first line. if they stink and unless a trade follows then camm will centre the Kostitsyns.... and Im betting the farm if this year the K line doesnt click they are gonna get traded. so Gainey and Martin will try everything possible to make that work.. hence insert Camm in the mix.

He'll start on the wing with Gomez and Gionta. Let the second line play, they may be fine. AK46 and Pleks were the only semi reliable 20 goal guys.

I also see Pleks possibly being moved. Why the heck does thta guy deserve a raise?

I think the wrtitting is on the wall for BG, he trusted some players he shouldn't have, they torched him and basically were nop shows last year. BG is retooling the team. Pleks can be part of the problem or the solution.

Martin will have the last say to that my friend. and that will depend on:

IF we do have a second line with the other forwards then yes Camm stays on the first line. if they stink and unless a trade follows then camm will centre the Kostitsyns.... and Im betting the farm if this year the K line doesnt click they are gonna get traded. so Gainey and Martin will try everything possible to make that work.. hence insert Camm in the mix.

Gainey brought in Cammalleri to play with Gomez; with Martin's blessing. That's what made Cammalleri agree to sign with us. I dont think Martin's gonna go: "Hey Camm, know what we told you to get you to sign with us? We lied. You're not playing wing on the 1st line with Gomez, you're playing 2nd C with A. Kostitsyn."

Only way it happens is if Camm doesnt click with Gomez at all (possible) or if Plekanec gets injured (unlikely, Plex is never injured). If Plex gets traded, it most likely would be for another C anyway.

If the 2nd line doesnt click, Martin would probably leave the 1st intact and try any other combination of Plekanec, A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Latendresse, Lapierre, Metropolit and Stewart. It's not like we're lacking other forwards to mix lines up outside of Camm.

I don't understand people saying Chipchura isn't getting a fair shake, or the polar opposite that claim he's a bust. He's 23. The Habs are still developing him... they named him captain of the Bulldogs last year, so it's obvious they still like his character and see value in him. Many NHLers get their start in the NHL at 23, and Chipchura will get a shot next year. He may start out as a reserve, or on the 4th line wing with Metro playing C. This isn't rocket science. And just because he wasn't good enough at 21 to hold off the older Lapierre, doesn't mean the Habs don't have a plan for him going forward. They simply just put off starting his NHL career for another year and a bit. HE'S THE SAME AGE AS D'AGOSTINI AND STEWART.

Anyways, I've said it before, but logically:

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta

Sergei-Plex-Andrei

Latendresse-Lapierre-D'Ago

Chipchura/Stewart-Metro-Laraque

Pacioretty in the AHL unless he blows the socks out of everyone in training camp, same with Maxwell and Johansson.

Markov-Spacek

Hamrlik-Gorges

Gill-Weber/O'Byrne

Subban in the AHL unless he's ridiculously ahead of Weber in training camp. Older guys like Belle, Henry, and Benoit could get long looks if the younger guys falter.

Price and Halak in goal. No chance for Desjardins or Mayer taking a spot here.

Edited by saskhab

2nd line looks awful. I hope they mix up the 2nd and 3rd lines you have there.

Very much hoping that Gorges, under better influence and system from the coach, can fully bloom into a top-4 d-man and leave Gill at 5-6 where he belongs.

Yea, Sk hasn't proven anything in my eyes. Another year riding the bus may help him out. He's gritty but takes too many dumb penalties. I fully expect Paioretty to get that spot, he brings more to the table.

I think you'll see Gorges with Gil 5 and 6.

Weber with Hamrlik, some protection for him.

O'Byrne #7 unless a deal gets made.

You can't have slow D paired together, O'Byrne and Gil would be incredibly slow.

Well, with no Kovalev coming back really have to wonder who is going to be the Captain.

Lineup should be...

Camms - Gomez - Gionta

Pax - Pleks - Akost

SKost - Laps - Lats

Larque - Metro - Dagostini/Stewart

Obviously line juggling will occur, but that's kind of what I expect to see to start the season, outside of the D pairings. I have no idea who will play with who, just kind of going by the depth chart there. D pairings are hard to predict.

Obviously, SK is the weak link amongst our top 6, and it could easily be Latendresse or D'Agostini there, and yes, Pacioretty. Although Pacioretty hasn't done a ton in his pro career to date to merit an automatic lineup spot... Sergei has done a lot more. Pacioretty had 6 goals in 37 AHL games last year, and 3 goals in 34 NHL games. That's not close to a top 6 forward. Sergei had 8 goals in 56 NHL games, and 5 goals in 16 AHL games. D'Agostini had 14 AHL goals in 20 games, and 12 NHL goals in 53 NHL games, so if we go on goal production he likely has the edge, but I think Sergei will get the first audition with hopes that he and his brother can build something together. We'll see. Martin may have other plans.

I expect Pacioretty to be in the AHL even just to save a few dollars against the cap for injuries and such. We might be very tight depending on the Plekanec and Latendresse contracts.

It's very clear that we absolutely need at least two youngsters to step up this season...three if you count Pleks as 'young:' ether Lats or S. Kostitsyn or some other young gun has to start producing like a top-6 forward, AND one young D-man needs to establish himself as at least minimally credible as a minutes-eater in case we have injuries on the blueline.

Otherwise, we will see the Big Three (and I use the word 'big' purely in the metaphorical sense) broken up so as to spread the scoring around. Which could get pretty frustrating.

As pleased as I am with Gainey's retooling of the core, his real gamble was NOT in signing those established players. It was in - for better or worse - trusting to the young guys to assume major responsibility for team success. Considering the seasons that the Kostitsyns and Plekanec had last year, this is quite a leap of faith. Chris may be right - if these players don't stand and deliver, Gainey may be out of a job.

What an interesting season this is shaping up to be.

Anyways, I've said it before, but logically:

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta

Sergei-Plex-Andrei

Latendresse-Lapierre-D'Ago

Chipchura/Stewart-Metro-Laraque

Pacioretty in the AHL unless he blows the socks out of everyone in training camp, same with Maxwell and Johansson.

The problkem with these 2 first lines is that we have NOBODY over 6 feet tall on either line. AK46 is 6'0" and he's the tallest. That might be a problem later on towards the end of the season!

As far as Pacioretty is concerned, I thikn he's ahead of SK74. SK did nothing to help his cause last year. He better get his act together, or else ship him back to hamilton!

Gainey brought in Cammalleri to play with Gomez; with Martin's blessing. That's what made Cammalleri agree to sign with us. I dont think Martin's gonna go: "Hey Camm, know what we told you to get you to sign with us? We lied. You're not playing wing on the 1st line with Gomez, you're playing 2nd C with A. Kostitsyn."

Only way it happens is if Camm doesnt click with Gomez at all (possible) or if Plekanec gets injured (unlikely, Plex is never injured). If Plex gets traded, it most likely would be for another C anyway.

If the 2nd line doesnt click, Martin would probably leave the 1st intact and try any other combination of Plekanec, A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Latendresse, Lapierre, Metropolit and Stewart. It's not like we're lacking other forwards to mix lines up outside of Camm.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...s-capitaine.php

On that article Jacques Martin says he doesn't see Camm on the first line. And he's not sure yet if he'll play Camm on LW or RW. Jacques Martin says he'd rather see a bigger winger on 1st line' LW. I guess we'll see Latendresse and Pacioretty rotate there

On that article Jacques Martin says he doesn't see Camm on the first line. And he's not sure yet if he'll play Camm on LW or RW. Jacques Martin says he'd rather see a bigger winger on 1st line' LW. I guess we'll see Latendresse and Pacioretty rotate there

Andrei Kostitsyn is not small forward....Why would he be sentenced again to play with Plekanek ?

That would be a good reason to start the booze again.

All the same problem is there are two number 3 centers.

This is why i still hope for Koivu, no wingers will complain playing with him.

Cammelleri was not brought in at 5 million to play with a centre with white skates and pink laces.

My lines: Willow - Gomez - papa smurf

Mine-me - gionta - an ewok

Plekanec - smurfette - Gary Coleman

Cammallerri - Wee-man - Webster

What do you guys think ?

You forgot Frodo!!

What do you guys think ?

Could have said Calimero ;)

calimero.jpg

What do you guys think ?

it's goona be a great day for hockey when we win the cup. NEXT YEAR! :clap: :clap: :hlogo:

HA!!! I knew it...

on RDS he Martin wants Camm as a RW that means second line! I like Martin already!

If it's G+G on line one and Lats gets a shot on the LW, he has to crash the boards and force some turnovers, I hope uses his size more aggressively!