My Habs Lineup as of Today

MFT77

#91...wank. Too high. But if he goes for 80 pts, he can wear 191 for all I really care!

Surprised that Cammalleri will not start beside Gomez. Maybe he'll be up there by the time camp wraps up...though I don't mind a big youngster (has to be Latendresse) on the top line, can only hope he is ready for it.

And by all means split up the brothers, I was very wrong last season wanting them on the same line.

Plex been traded yet?

Edited by tokyohabs

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA!!! I knew it...

on RDS he Martin wants Camm as a RW that means second line! I like Martin already!

To be totally honest though, only RDS states that. maybe that was off the record... but on record, I heard his words and he said

"maybe right, maybe left"

he did however say that he would want a bigger LW with G & G

• 4 weeks later...
Price

Halak

Markov/Spacek

Hamrlik/Gorges

Gill/Weber

O'byrne

Cammalleri/Gomez/Gionta

Pacioretty/Plekanec/A.Kostitsyn

Latendresse/Lapierre/S.Kostitsyn

Stewart/Metropolit/Laraque

Chipchura,D'agostini

What do you think about this?

Upgrade from last year?

I'm a little worried about the PP cause i'm not sure how good Spacek's shot is. As well, missing Kovalev will definitely hurt. Hopefully 5on5 play is better with the 3 newcomers on forward and 2 guys on D. Need production from the 2nd line.

With the roster taking shape here is what i see now:

Price

Halak

Markov/Mara

Hamrlik/Spacek

Gill/Gorges

O'byrne

Cammalleri/Gomez/Gionta

Pacioretty/Plekanec/A.Kostitsyn

Latendresse/Lapierre/S.Kostitsyn

Moen/Chipchura/D'Agostini

Metropolit/Stewart

Laraque(injured list)

seems more than a few people ommitted moen, who i feel is a huge asset.he has size, can kill penalties, be part of a shut down line, and will back up his teamates, sort of what habs fans envisioned when we got bgl.habs lineup is not perfect, but i feel habs are ready to compete. and remember, koivu never scored more than 22 goals during his stint with the habs.can't see him and teemu lighting it up at this point in their careers.as for gainey, with this new influx of proven vets, its make or goodbye time.lets start tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm, the line up is Martin's guess but I'll give it a go :)

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Cammalleri-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen

Metropolit-Chipchura-D'Agostini

Laraque (injured as usual/always)

Injury call ups....S.Kostitsyn, Stewart

Markov-Mara

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gill-Gorges

O'Byrne

Price

Halak

Moen with Lats and Lappy is a scary 3rd line that no one will want to play against.

Edited by Habitforming

Because of the new CBA, I'm pretty sure that AHL counts against waiver status. I think S Kost has like 1 or 2 pro games and he will have to pass through waivers. Dago as well. I even think Stewart is close. Chips will definitely have to. I think the only forward player that doesn't have to is Maxpac. I think he will be the swing guy unless he he wows everyone right out of their shorts.

Our only D that can come up and down is Weber.

Because of the new CBA, I'm pretty sure that AHL counts against waiver status. I think S Kost has like 1 or 2 pro games and he will have to pass through waivers. Dago as well. I even think Stewart is close. Chips will definitely have to. I think the only forward player that doesn't have to is Maxpac. I think he will be the swing guy unless he he wows everyone right out of their shorts.

I know the waiver issues that face some of the players, but the team needs 2 big bodies with actual scoring potential.

One on the top line (as Martin has said numerous times) and one to play with Lappy and Moen or the 3rd line.

Right now, those two guys are Latendresse and Pacioretty. Do you hurt the teams performance or potential by letting waivers dictate your lines?

Edited by Habitforming

I know the waiver issues that face some of the players, but the team needs 2 big bodies with actual scoring potential.

One on the top line (as Martin has said numerous times) and one to play with Lappy and Moen or the 3rd line.

Right now, those two guys are Latendresse and Pacioretty. Do you hurt the teams performance or potential by letting waivers dictate your lines?

In today's NHL, if you know you will make the playoffs, the answer is yes.

If they feel at some point that they are "endangered" then, it doesn't matter, they will do what they have to do (e.g. Fire Carbo and trade for Schneider)

In today's NHL, if you know you will make the playoffs, the answer is yes.

If they feel at some point that they are "endangered" then, it doesn't matter, they will do what they have to do (e.g. Fire Carbo and trade for Schneider)

Granted, but after replacing almost 50% of your team, does "a lock for the playoffs" sound like a feasable assumption at this point?

It doesn't in my views.

Sergei has 39 NHL games left before he has to pass through waivers... for players signed to their first contract at age 18-21, it is 3 professional seasons or 160 NHL games, whichever comes first. All the players you mentioned fall into that category of player. Chipchura, D'Agostini, and Stewart all have played 3 professional seasons and now must pass through waivers. Max Pacioretty can't possibly reach 160 NHL games (including playoffs) by the end of this year, so he'll be able to go back and forth from the minors all year, just like Ben Maxwell will as well. Older players like Alex Henry, Curtis Sanford, Mathieu Darche and Shawn Belle will have to pass through waivers as well, but they all did last year without a claim so I doubt it'll be an issues for them.

I don't think we have to worry about Stewart getting claimed off waivers by another team... he has 1 point in 21 NHL games so far and isn't a heavyweight, I don't think other teams will see his name on the waiver wire with the 100 or so other players put on waivers by teams after training camp and think he'll be worth a claim, but I suppose you never know.

Granted, but after replacing almost 50% of your team, does "a lock for the playoffs" sound like a feasable assumption at this point?

It doesn't in my views.

why not?

you think this team is mediocre?

Gainey will go with what's logical :

Give the chances to those who have proven they can perform at AHL level. i.e. D'ags and S.Kost, unless Pacio TOTALLY outshine them... (with his 11 pts in 34 games?!)

Sergei has 39 NHL games left before he has to pass through waivers... for players signed to their first contract at age 18-21, it is 3 professional seasons or 160 NHL games, whichever comes first. All the players you mentioned fall into that category of player. Chipchura, D'Agostini, and Stewart all have played 3 professional seasons and now must pass through waivers. Max Pacioretty can't possibly reach 160 NHL games (including playoffs) by the end of this year, so he'll be able to go back and forth from the minors all year, just like Ben Maxwell will as well. Older players like Alex Henry, Curtis Sanford, Mathieu Darche and Shawn Belle will have to pass through waivers as well, but they all did last year without a claim so I doubt it'll be an issues for them.

I don't think we have to worry about Stewart getting claimed off waivers by another team... he has 1 point in 21 NHL games so far and isn't a heavyweight, I don't think other teams will see his name on the waiver wire with the 100 or so other players put on waivers by teams after training camp and think he'll be worth a claim, but I suppose you never know.

François Beauchemin.

The big body with scoring potential for the third line could be elsewhere, let's say Mike Grier.

Latendresse could give some weight to the second line and make Andrei Kostitsyn that he is no small player.

why not?

you think this team is mediocre?

Gainey will go with what's logical :

Give the chances to those who have proven they can perform at AHL level. i.e. D'ags and S.Kost, unless Pacio TOTALLY outshine them... (with his 11 pts in 34 games?!)

François Beauchemin.

Ummm yeah!

Until we see the on ice product we are the Rangers from 96 until the salary cap.... look good on paper.

I do not agree on the logic that D'Agostini and Sergei K will be given the

chance to perform because they produce some points at the AHL level.

If they are not use on the power play wich is highly probable they will not

bring anything else to to challenge the other team. Kostitsyn fancy play doesn't work with cement

hand of Laraque on the 4th line.

Maybe Paccioretti did not rack a lot of points but when it's needed, he throws

checks and hustle to create something, he learned to play defensively while

learning to play at the pro level. He is way more useful to wear down the opponent

than the two players mentionned before. And yes he can score he has a good set of hands.

I expect Sergei K to be traded somewhere down the road. It's not like they are the Sedins.

Keep D'Agostini he doesn't cost much, good back up, and there is a possibility that he could click with a good passer fot a streak.

hmmm, the line up is Martin's guess but I'll give it a go :)

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Metropolit-Chipchura-D'Agostini

Markov-Mara

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gill-Gorges

O'Byrne

Price

Halak

Moen with Lats and Lappy is a scary 3rd line that no one will want to play against.

Pacioretty/DAgostini-Gomez-Gionta

D'agostini-Chipchura-Laraque/Alex Henry

Markov-Mara

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gill-Gorges

ObUrn

I'm biased to A Henry I must add... but I honestly think he is an option as a replacement for several positions and players... I think he is a Stewart but he can also play defence! which in other words would be like having a slower Dandy that can fight... and if BGL can't fight then having him in the roster is a benefit... he might be up in the seats most games but he provides depth to the lineup during a game,

If he plays... Gill and Mara can afford to drop the gloves if need be!

A Henry-Metropolit/Chipchura-Laraque would be fabulous to see in my opinion (only when playing versus Toronto/Flyers/add goon squad here)

Edited by CoRvInA

Latendresse - Gomez - Gionta

Cammalleri - Lapierre - A.Kostitsyn

Moen - Plekanec - Pacioretty

Stewart - Metropolit - Laraque

Markov - Mara

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gorges - Gill

Price

Halak

Thiis is the line up that I like. I don't know if Laps can handle 2nd line C, but I believe he has the tools.

I do not agree on the logic that D'Agostini and Sergei K will be given the

chance to perform because they produce some points at the AHL level.

If they are not use on the power play wich is highly probable they will not

bring anything else to to challenge the other team. Kostitsyn fancy play doesn't work with cement

hand of Laraque on the 4th line.

Maybe Paccioretti did not rack a lot of points but when it's needed, he throws

checks and hustle to create something, he learned to play defensively while

learning to play at the pro level. He is way more useful to wear down the opponent

than the two players mentionned before. And yes he can score he has a good set of hands.

I expect Sergei K to be traded somewhere down the road. It's not like they are the Sedins.

Keep D'Agostini he doesn't cost much, good back up, and there is a possibility that he could click with a good passer fot a streak.

nah, it's not an exact science, but let's say it's just like a videogame :

you pile up points until you level up and can go in that "locked" part of the map.

of course there are cheat codes (Latendresse)

or there are players who just level up way faster (Crosby)

But as far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty sure Gainey has put all those young guys in the same basket... and when needs a call up, ask who's the best in AHL. (unless he needs a grinder, he then asks who's your best grinder... i.e. Alex Henry :puke: )

That's usually Bob Gainey's job to manage that.

OF COURSE, if Martin is disatisfied with the call up and want something specific, he can go to Gainey and say : man that d'Agostini guy sucks, I want something more rough on the edge!

So Gainey looks at his options : Bertuzzi is available on the free market, he could also trade for Eric Cole (just an example) ... OR he could call up Pacio. So he asks Julien Brisebois if callling Pacio is a good idea. Brisebois asks Boucher who tells him that e.g. Pacio's def is not good enough for NHL yet, but that e.g. S. Kost has been playing with a chip on his shoulder lately... etc .etc. etc.

It's a big big process... not just a question of "what's your name" - "pacio" - " oh ok, I will put you on the 1st line then because habsworld.net fans like you pretty much"

Latendresse - Gomez - Gionta

Cammalleri - Lapierre - A.Kostitsyn

Moen - Plekanec - Pacioretty

Stewart - Metropolit - Laraque

Markov - Mara

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gorges - Gill

Price

Halak

lol le gros, jveux ben... mais tsé que ça arrivera pas.

lol big, id do it, bu ya know it won't happen.

what's good about it is that Kost and Camm can play together and Laps can scrap it along the corners, etc.

However, I'm one to believe that a line needs a good center to be efficient.

specifically, I'd say you need a playmaking center, a sniping winger and a scraping winger. (just like your first line)

Thiis is the line up that I like. I don't know if Laps can handle 2nd line C, but I believe he has the tools.

he has the speed, the toughness, he is getting there faceoff wise... he doesn't have a bad shot... however, he doesn't have the vision/playmaking of a 2nd liner particularly for a center.

SK has way more to prove then Pacioretty at this point. Pacioretty definitely has things to work on, last year's 30 games or so was a good learning experience for him, he brings more to the table then both SK or D'Agi. Does that mean he is a lock to start the season in the NHL, i don't know but Martin put the writting on the wall when he says he needs some size.

Pacioretty has the size, speed and the smarts to play, he just needs to go through the learning pains of becoming a good player, is that in the NHL is the question.

SK was a worls class jack a## last year on and off the ice. He takes really dumb penalties, while i like his edge, he isn't smart enough or mature enough to know when enough is enough. My personal opinion is his play is highly over rated, he might turn out to be a great player but i just don't see it.

D'Agi has great speed and when he played his first 10-25 games he used his speed and went to the net, after that, i hav no idea what happened to his game. My opinion on him is he will be a great extra to fill when ijuries occur.

lol le gros, jveux ben... mais tsé que ça arrivera pas.

lol big, id do it, bu ya know it won't happen.

what's good about it is that Kost and Camm can play together and Laps can scrap it along the corners, etc.

However, I'm one to believe that a line needs a good center to be efficient.

specifically, I'd say you need a playmaking center, a sniping winger and a scraping winger. (just like your first line)

Well I tried to come up with 3 lines who had 1 big guy who could grind it out.

I actually dont really like it. I dont want Moen on the 3rd. I think he'd be better as a 4th liner. I'd rather see Pacioretty-Plekanec-D'Ago but that'd mean our defensive line would be our 4th line.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing both SK and Pacioretty start the year in the A. Give Latendresse, D'Agostini, and Chipchura expanded roles and keep those two as potential aces under the table, so to speak.

SK has way more to prove then Pacioretty at this point. Pacioretty definitely has things to work on, last year's 30 games or so was a good learning experience for him, he brings more to the table then both SK or D'Agi. Does that mean he is a lock to start the season in the NHL, i don't know but Martin put the writting on the wall when he says he needs some size.

Pacioretty has the size, speed and the smarts to play, he just needs to go through the learning pains of becoming a good player, is that in the NHL is the question.

SK was a worls class jack a## last year on and off the ice. He takes really dumb penalties, while i like his edge, he isn't smart enough or mature enough to know when enough is enough. My personal opinion is his play is highly over rated, he might turn out to be a great player but i just don't see it.

D'Agi has great speed and when he played his first 10-25 games he used his speed and went to the net, after that, i hav no idea what happened to his game. My opinion on him is he will be a great extra to fill when ijuries occur.

The only thing is, Sergei looked like a bona-fide, potential NHL all-star the season before. And that is more than any of our young players (except his brother, and of course) can ever claim to have done. For that reason, tossing him on the scrap-pile because of last season`s disasters seems premature to say the least. His challenge is to GROW UP, show up prepared, work hard every damned day and every damned shift, and stop f**king around with mobsters and assorted scumbags. But in terms of sheer talent, while none of these guys have proven much, he`s proven way more than Dags, who followed a more typical pattern of looking fab for 15 games and then evaporating (c.f. Perezhogin, Gilbert Dionne, and about a million others).

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing both SK and Pacioretty start the year in the A. Give Latendresse, D'Agostini, and Chipchura expanded roles and keep those two as potential aces under the table, so to speak.

I know that since Chips signed a one way deal that he will stay but IMO Pacioretty and S. Kostitsyn have proven way more then Chips or D'Agostini have at the NHL level and have "earned" more as a result.

Unfortunately it won't play out that way.