Ultimate fans effort to bring back Kovalev

alexstream

Kovalev to replace Heatley?

5 Million is quite a lot!

According to RDS, Habs offered him 10M /2y on July 1st. But he rejected, looking for 1 more M$.

http://twitter.com/rdsca

By the way, Komisarek did the same thing. It's the polite way, I guess, to say that you want to get the hell out of Montreal.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad for not checking the back-end of this post, sorry mods.

10 mil for Kovy at 2 years...shame it had to be with them, but guess they'll have space once they dump Heatley. Cashed in nicely.

He was a great player, not always consistent. Never had a settled line for long enough. Fantastic to watch, one of the very few who showed up for the playoffs this year.

If it wasn't for his palette, we would have been 0-214 the last 2 seasons

I agree to a degree, but it seems wordsmith Colin was talking about Kovy's smell . . .

I didn't like your pallette.

Not liking warrior Kovy's armpit gusset is understandable.

But I always admired artiste Kovy's palette.

Its fans like you that SICKEN me. He brought life to the Canadiens organization when NOBODY would come as a free agent, he served our team since 2002 and this is your way of thanking him? Lets face it...we werent a cup contender not even one year he was here. We had one fairy tale season and that was it. It was truly a thrill to watch him dangle oppositions on a nightly basis and lead this team when Saku couldn't carry the weight of this team on his own shoulders. Thank You Alex, You will be missed by the Canadiens organization and the fans. I would like to wish you good luck with Ottawa, but that would be betraying my team.

you sir have obviously never read my posts or you would not be acting like a child. I have defended and loved Kovy his whole time here. I am one who signed the petition. But once you sign with another team Que Serra good luck good riddance now get the hell out. I am a habs fan he is no longer a habs. bye bye.

According to RDS, Habs offered him 10M /2y on July 1st. But he rejected, looking for 1 more M$.

http://twitter.com/rdsca

By the way, Komisarek did the same thing. It's the polite way, I guess, to say that you want to get the hell out of Montreal.

RDS isn't the best source.

Kovy's family sure wanted to stay here.

Plus, Sportstnet reported the Cammalleri signing before RDS; and he was signed by the local team

Yikes....

I don't care how many points Kovalev put up last season, it was not a good season and that is why he is gone.

He was on pace for a poor season and then he went off with 16 points in 7 games making the point totals look palatable.

But how many people would be using his production to prove a point if he had 49 pts in 71 games?

Kovalev was inconsistent for his 4 seasons in Montreal, that is a fact. I will not remember him as an all-time great Canadien.

He may be one of the most talented forwards in the league, but the team came to resemble his characteristics.

A team that was wildly inconsistent and took nights off on a regular basis. Bias and love for a player does not change that.

If he loved Montreal as much as he says, then he would have taken a discount, not played games all the way up to July 1st.

Koivu gave WAY more to the organization than Kovalev ever did and I will miss him much more.

I would take a team full of Koivu's over a team of Kovalev's every night.

I thank Kovy for some of his great nights, but I certainly wouldn't picket the Bell centre to keep him and could care less that he is gone.

Edited by Wamsley01