Re Koivu

Nilan25

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia mentions 16 minutes.

Really, cause I just found this on wikipedia!

On March 11, 1996, the Montreal Canadiens played their last game at the Montreal Forum, beating the Dallas Stars 4-1 on a Monday night. The game was televised on TSN and TQS in Canada, and on ESPN2 in the United States. After the game, many previous hockey greats were presented to the crowd. Maurice Richard received a ten minute standing ovation from the crowd.

Whatever the length, you can take it to the bank that it was the longest standing ovation ever in Habs history.

I remember when Saku came back from cancer though. I had broken my ankle a few days prior. I stood on it applauding at the TV (week-day game was on TQS). It was a great moment, one of those "only-in-Montreal" type of event.

Whatever the length, you can take it to the bank that it was the longest standing ovation ever in Habs history.

I remember when Saku came back from cancer though. I had broken my ankle a few days prior. I stood on it applauding at the TV (week-day game was on TQS). It was a great moment, one of those "only-in-Montreal" type of event.

Yes it was. Both ovations were really long and were great!

I love it when the Announcer(Michel Lacroix) tries to speak after a few minutes during an ovation, and the crowd just cheers louder, as if saying to Lacroix: "Shut up, we're not done yet!"

Yes it was. Both ovations were really long and were great!

I love it when the Announcer(Michel Lacroix) tries to speak after a few minutes during an ovation, and the crowd just cheers louder, as if saying to Lacroix: "Shut up, we're not done yet!"

yeah I was there and it was great. If I remember correctly, the only reason it stopped was because they just started singing the anthems. If not we may still be there today. It will be a lasting memory in my life as I am sure it will be for Saku.

hey guys i would i appreciate it if you watched by tribute video, check it out!

Good luck SAKU!!

A nice video as long as you dont have sound on. I hate Europe... gayest thing in sweden except maybe stockholm pride festival.

Should've picked a nice Nightwish song or something from Finland instead. :P Nice clips though :)