Token Québécois?

Trizzak

Token Québécois?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gainey sign a token Québécois?

• Yes
    • No

The following quote was taken from the French subsection of HW, which was taken from a cyberpresse article.

Comme il n’est reste plus beaucoup, on va espérer que Francis Bouillon héritera du dernier poste disponible une fois le magasinage de Bob Gainey terminé.

Ou que le Canadien dénichera un Québécois en mesure de compléter sa formation. Philippe Boucher a offert ses services en passant.

Pourquoi un Québécois? Ce serait une bonne idée mettons. Ne serait-ce que pour rétablir un certain équilibre à défaut d’un équilibre certain.

If I am getting the gist of this correctly, the writer is lobbying for Gainey to sign a Québécois simply for the sake of signing a Québécois - just to restore a supposed "balance."

That irks me. I just can't get behind Gainey specifically signing a player who won't necessarily fill a team need, but has the same birthplace as the city he's playing in. Teams that can't draw fans go the "homeboy" route. It seems ridiculously amateur to sign a player for pretty much that sole reason.

... but some people will feel differently, hence the poll. Do try to keep the conversation civil.

I'm all for signing a home town player, if the player is talented and skilled and fits in the system of the team.

The above argument would be valid if this was the PHL (Provincial Hockey League); but sadly its not! its the NHL (National Hockey League); Where all nations are represented and encouraged to play together.

Here is a better argument! why not lobby the Quebecois players who are talented and skilled to accept a hometown DISCOUNT and make every effort to lobby the team so that they can come back home and play for their hometown! The problem here is not the owners or management its in many respects the players who are so very talented without doubt, simply want to play where ever they can get the cash! And in today's National hockey market can you blame them?

I personally would play for my beloved Canadiens for free! Only problem with that option is that I am not french Canadian nor am I a talented player.

But I love Montreal, home is where the heart is...

Go Habs Go!

I definitely would like to see more Québecois players on the team, but only if they are good enough to play for the habs. I wouldn,t want the Habs to hire guys from Québec just for the sake of hiring guys from Québec!

Edited by Habsfan

I definitely would like to see more Québecois players on the team, but only if they are good enough to play for the habs. I wouldn,t want the Habs to hire guys from Québec just for the sake of hiring guys from Québec!

definitely. Get a good player, if he's from Quebec. Then that's a plus.

haven't you guys heard? We sign the best player available. Most times? sometimes? usually ? Ok that is the theory so we sign based on talent not language ability.