Is Big Georges Still a Good Fit?

habs rule

When healthy Laraque is a worthwhile hockey player. We saw glimpses of it in the playoffs, but unfortunately he was only in preseason form at that point due to all the injuries. Of the forwards on the team (without knowing Moen's playing style), Laraque's the one with the greatest ability to muscle the puck to the net. Latendresse should be, but isn't yet. A puck protecting, heavyweight enforcer with the ability to run a good cycle and not be moved from the front of the net has his use on any hockey team. If we get that player, and not the oft-injured bear-on-skates routine like last season, then we're golden.

I'm not ready to call for his head after one bad season due to injury. It's a free pass in my book. Let's see what he can do this season first.

Exactly, and also see what the new players are bringing to the table. Maybe come mid-season he will be expendable, at which time he should bring a decent price from a team in need of his services.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a decent article, for a while. :lol:

He has it in his head that he can't fight anyone who's not also a goon, because it wouldn't be fair. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The cheap shot guys win the day. It's those guys who inspire fear among the opposition because players know they don't play fair and are willing to hurt. They don't fear Laraque and his Code because they can just say no and everything will be fine

Thats a bit of a stretch though. If somebody takes a cheap shot at BGL teammate then that makes them a "goon" and he will go after them. BGL just wont go after people for no reason who dont want to engage him. When people are pushing around Price he skates over and asks them, but if somebody cross checked Price in the head I dont think they would get to answer BGL it would just be on.

Laraque, while he might have had skill outside fighting to be an NHL player once, has it no longer.

Thats not true. A similar thing could be said aboot Tanguay outside of scoring when his shoulder was injured too but it wouldnt make that true either. ^_^

i hear alot of talk about bgl being injured and not ready for training camp. if this is true, then its time to say goodbye. but i would really hate to see him go.last season, he never got on track. a healthy bgl at the outset would maybe set the tone, along with a moen or stew or pacs.it was extremely embarrassing to see the bruins and other teams push the habs around, seemingly at will.that cannot continue.visiting teams need to develop the "centre bell flu"

Thats a decent article, for a while. :lol:

Laraque's question of, "Would God want us to eat animals?" seems weird to me.

Doesn't it say in the bible that animals are lesser creatures to humans and we are to basically do with them what we want?

Doesn't it say in the bible that animals are lesser creatures to humans and we are to basically do with them what we want?

How does that have anything to do with hockey? BGL isnt good enough to play in the NHL anymore because he's against a seal hunt? His religious and political views are his own and have nothing to do with hockey.

His comments were definitely weird though and ironically I thought in the bible God said dont eat the fruit. ^_^

How does that have anything to do with hockey? BGL isnt good enough to play in the NHL anymore because he's against a seal hunt? His religious and political views are his own and have nothing to do with hockey.

His comments were definitely weird though and ironically I thought in the bible God said dont eat the fruit. ^_^

his views got alot to do with hockey, if he thinks God dont what him to eat meat, i pretty sure he thinks God dont what him to punch guys in the face...........

Thats a bit of a stretch though. If somebody takes a cheap shot at BGL teammate then that makes them a "goon" and he will go after them. BGL just wont go after people for no reason who dont want to engage him. When people are pushing around Price he skates over and asks them, but if somebody cross checked Price in the head I dont think they would get to answer BGL it would just be on.

Lucic in the playoffs. Laraque only offered to fight him, never forced him.

yeah it is weird and the thing is every living thing on this planet kills something to live and survive, Law of the Jungle?

but no the bible says we shall look after them and use them for our purposes. or some such stuff. i am not religious and discussions like this are why. He has his beliefs and that is his business, he made it ours by telling us what they were. We can choose to agree or disagree as we wish I think his days as an NHL tough guy are over and have been for a while. I don't think he wants to fight, and that is not a criticism it is an opinion. It is probably time for BGL to go and grow his garden.

Well, I don't know if Laraque actually is a strict adherent to Judeo-Christian theology, so the God question might be more theoretical than Bible-based. Not that I want to bring this into a religious theological debate, but if one wanted to, they'd point out in Roman Catholicism that the 6th commandment is simply "You shall not kill." Other traditions read this as murder (and others list it as commandment #5), so to each their own I suppose. There are several religious groups that promote vegetarianism, so if religious motive is his primary reason for going vegetarian, so be it.

Well Laraque is at Pearns camp in Edmonton.

It is not a bad sign.

hell I think it's a great sign that he is attending a montreal coach's camp to prepare for the upcoming season. Back must be ok. Hey maybe he can be motivated to punch somebody out, ......Komi, lucic,....grab######sky oh yeah he's too small. sorry about the spelling error i can't get his name right ^_^

ok since that did not work grabforksky

Edited by habs rule

on sporstnets he jokingly(or maybe not) said to players no to learn french as they would have to deal with media in both language.

I didn't like the guy in the 1st place but what an f---ing cry baby.

Just do your job and appreciate the fact that your one of the most overpaid player in the league.

I just wished there was a way of getting rid of him befeore he rots the new players.

Was he lying?

I understand he was joking but in most jokes there's a part of truth(sp?)

you can ask Brain Savage and Jason Ward if they had to carry extra burden because they spoke french.

Laraque never turned down a mike or a camera so him telling people to avoid media is way hypocrital.

anyway I dont like him for saying he'd rather retire than come play in montreal. yet he did come, cash the pay check and flash his stupid fighters code, which he's the only one the follow.

Edited by marky_and_komi

on sporstnets he jokingly(or maybe not) said to players no to learn french as they would have to deal with media in both language.

I didn't like the guy in the 1st place but what an f---ing cry baby.

Just do your job and appreciate the fact that your one of the most overpaid player in the league.

I just wished there was a way of getting rid of him befeore he rots the new players.

So everyone is allowed to make a joke about the rabid media that constantly storms Montreal players... but not Laraque, no, he needs to stop "whining" and just fight people.

You'd do well on 110%, marky.

So everyone is allowed to make a joke about the rabid media that constantly storms Montreal players... but not Laraque, no, he needs to stop "whining" and just fight people.

You'd do well on 110%, marky.

God do I hate that show or any shows of that type.

I know most of it is joke but I just feel coming from Laraque is a bit wrong as he's just craving all the media attention he can get.

Blaming french media is so freaking easy nowadays.

God do I hate that show or any shows of that type.

I know most of it is joke but I just feel coming from Laraque is a bit wrong as he's just craving all the media attention he can get.

Blaming french media is so freaking easy nowadays.

he was kidding for crying out loud. it appears to be at this point his one real talent, since he don't want to beat people up maybe he can kill them with laughter.