Is Big Georges Still a Good Fit?

habs rule

I WANT him to jump players for clean hits...if you can put the fear of the 'rock' in them, maybe they'll think twice about doing it again, and give the habs more space. Thats what an enforcer does, he creates space. I believe Metro is more the catalyst of the fourth line not Big George, I get frustrated seeing him keep the puck and not doing anything with it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big George is at an agre where heavyweight fighters don,t really wanna fight anymore. The game can be hard on their bodies...especially their knuckles. BGL is giving me the impression that he doesn,t want to fight anymore!!!

Laraque holds on to the puck in the offensive zone really well. Unfortunately he does nothing else. He holds the puck for a while until he eventually looses it - big deal. He can't pass, back check, he rarely hits hard, doesn't block shots, and only fights other team's goons. He is useless.

I hope he goes too.

you wont say that when (better yet "if") the Habs make the playoffs

Who cares what he does in the first few games of the regular season? Heck, who cares what he does all season? As long as he doesn't cost us any games, wins a couple fights (even against other goons) and doesn't raise a stink about ice time, it's fine. We got him after we got pushed around by Boston and Philly two years ago. He's there for the playoffs, when every minute of every game means something, and when the tough get going, we send out Laraque so our skill guys can focus on being skill guys.

Stop hoping Laraque's going to contribute more than a few jokes to the final point total of this team. He won't. His job is to just be there to be in the face of the biggest guy he can find. And he does that well. Is it worth 1.5 mil? Probably not, but if you want something in this world, you have to pay for it. Get off his back. Don't even pay attention to him if you don't like him. I bet Gionta, Gomez and Company like him, and that's what matters.

Who cares what he does in the first few games of the regular season? Heck, who cares what he does all season? As long as he doesn't cost us any games, wins a couple fights (even against other goons) and doesn't raise a stink about ice time, it's fine. We got him after we got pushed around by Boston and Philly two years ago. He's there for the playoffs, when every minute of every game means something, and when the tough get going, we send out Laraque so our skill guys can focus on being skill guys.

Stop hoping Laraque's going to contribute more than a few jokes to the final point total of this team. He won't. His job is to just be there to be in the face of the biggest guy he can find. And he does that well. Is it worth 1.5 mil? Probably not, but if you want something in this world, you have to pay for it. Get off his back. Don't even pay attention to him if you don't like him. I bet Gionta, Gomez and Company like him, and that's what matters.

Arggg I too am so tired about anything related to BGL ...In fact Seb your response is so well phrased and emphasizes every criteria known to George. therefore I am officially giving your resp. a citation reference like "Seb_23Oct2009_BGL" AKA the BGL response to end all BGL threads until the playoffs. I will cite it when discussions regarding BGL are debated on i.e "Yes and with regards to BGL please see Seb_23Oct2009_BGL... and on another topic..." ;)

Edited by CoRvInA

Arggg I too am so tired about anything related to BGL ...In fact Seb your response is so well phrased and emphasizes every criteria known to George. therefore I am officially giving your resp. a citation reference like "Seb_23Oct2009_BGL" AKA the BGL response to end all BGL threads until the playoffs. I will cite it when discussions regarding BGL are debated on i.e "Yes and with regards to BGL please see Seb_23Oct2009_BGL... and on another topic..." ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

+1 i concur enough about this.

• 2 weeks later...

this guy need to be send down or voted off the island...i think i saw him in one or 2 games this year , but ever time i read somthing about the fur trade his name pops up...we need to somehow get this guy off the books to feel up the cap space..

this guy need to be send down or voted off the island...i think i saw him in one or 2 games this year , but ever time i read somthing about the fur trade his name pops up...we need to somehow get this guy off the books to feel up the cap space..

He has a NMC I believe until this summer.