09-10 Habs Schedule

dlbalr

The one year I plan on being in Europe for my birthday (in mid-October), they start their freaking season with the western Canadian road trip. I am not happy about this at all........ I might have to fly out of Calgary on Oct. 7 just so I can catch the game on the 6th. Ugh. I know the Habs always start their season with a road trip, but why out here?

actually I like the first five games on the road. it will give the team a chance to build an identity and build some chemistry before it puts the new edition of the habs for display infront of the home faithful...

damn. The one weekend game in western canada there is a rider home game starting an hour earlier!

dont worry you guys will be eliminated by then !! :lol:

Terrible scheduling.

there is no way an original 6 team should be that long to open the season at home.

ANAHEIM Sat, Oct. 3: Sharks

ATLANTA Sat, Oct. 3: Lightning

BOSTON Thurs, Oct. 1: Capitals

BUFFALO Thurs, Oct. 3: Habs

CALGARY Thurs, Oct. 1: Canucks

CAROLINA Fri, Oct. 2: Flyers

CHICAGO Sat, Oct. 10: Avs

COLORADO Thurs, Oct. 1: Sharks

COLUMBUS Sat, Oct. 3: Wild

DALLAS Sat, Oct. 3: Predators

DETROIT Thurs, Oct. 8: 'Hawks

EDMONTON Sat, Oct. 3: Flames

FLORIDA Sat, Oct. 10: Devils

LOS ANGELES Sat, Oct. 3: Coyotes

MINNESOTA Tues, Oct. 6: Ducks

MONTREAL Thurs, Oct. 15: Avs

NASHVILLE Thurs, Oct. 8: Avs

NEW JERSEY Sat, Oct. 3: Flyers

LONG ISLAND Sat, Oct. 3: Penguins

NY RANGERS Sat, Oct. 3: Senators

OTTAWA Thurs, Oct. 8: Islanders

PHILADELPHIA Tues, Oct. 6: Capitals

PHOENIX Sat, Oct. 10: Jackets

PITTSBURGH Fri, Oct. 2: Rangers

ST. LOUIS Thurs, Oct. 8: Thrashers

SAN JOSE Thurs, Oct. 8: Jackets

TAMPA BAY Thurs, Oct. 8: Devils

TORONTO Thurs, Oct. 1: Habs

VANCOUVER Mon, Oct. 5: Jackets

WASHINGTON Sat, Oct. 3: Leafs

Even the teams that start in Europe will open before the Habs, a full 5 days after the next longest into the season.

What does being an original 6 team have to do with scheduling?

Every team in the division plays the same schedule. They all play the same amount of home and road games. What's the big deal.

The schedule is a little quirky this year for every team... there's one arena that can't be booked for two months straight. The reason the western Canadian trip is so early is to accomodate the Vancouver Olympics.

The Canucks have an 8 game road trip before the Olympics, and a 6 game road trip after the Olympics. Crying about a 5 game road trip to start the year is ridiculous.

What does being an original 6 team have to do with scheduling?

As a sign of respect, Original Six teams should always play the first game of the season. It never happens, but it doesn't make it right. Leagues just don't respect old teams anymore. The Reds are the oldest team in baseball and they always played the first game of the year, but that doesn't happen anymore either.

As a sign of respect, Original Six teams should always play the first game of the season. It never happens, but it doesn't make it right. Leagues just don't respect old teams anymore. The Reds are the oldest team in baseball and they always played the first game of the year, but that doesn't happen anymore either.

Are the Original Six nobility or royalty and the rest of the league mere peasants? There's no reason for them to get special treatment because they have a long tradition... and besides, they do get special treatment and recognition... look how many events the NHL put in Montreal this past year, and how many they'll put in Toronto in eight years or whenever they decide to celebrate their 100th (8 years will also be the 100th year for the NHL).

I think that the Champions should open the year against the team of their choice (within their own conference). Let the Penguins raise the banner in front of the Flyers. If we won the Cup, we'd invite the Bruins to witness our glory.

Are the Original Six nobility or royalty and the rest of the league mere peasants? There's no reason for them to get special treatment because they have a long tradition... and besides, they do get special treatment and recognition... look how many events the NHL put in Montreal this past year, and how many they'll put in Toronto in eight years or whenever they decide to celebrate their 100th (8 years will also be the 100th year for the NHL).

I think that the Champions should open the year against the team of their choice (within their own conference). Let the Penguins raise the banner in front of the Flyers. If we won the Cup, we'd invite the Bruins to witness our glory.

Agreed. Original Six teams get enough preferential treatment as it is.

BTW, Montreal requested a few years back to open the season on the road. I think they generally try and book some non-hockey events at the Bell Centre in early October, so with the season starting earlier this year the Habs have a slightly longer road trip to start. Usually the home opener is around Oct. 15 anyways.

So there's that special treatment the Habs get that you guys were claiming they should get. :lol:

to be honest, i'd rather get that western canada trip out of the way early.doesn't matter to me. all i know is the habs play in south florida on new years eve. a 5:00 p.m. game.every time the habs play down here, its always like a home game on the road.should be a wild affair and a great way to end 2009.