Great Blog that will get you to like our new guys...

MMPL

Here guys, haven't posted on here in forver, anyway, I thought I'd share this awesome blog I found. I encourage every habsfans to read this.

All credit to J.T. ~here :clap:

:hlogo:

Edited by JLP

Here guys, haven't posted on here in forver, anyway, I thought I'd share this awesome blog I found. I encourage every habsfans to read this.

:hlogo:

You have to change your signature. "Hey Komi? Remember Laraque?" :)

It's linked on the main page from Monday or Tuesday, but if you're too lazy to go there, here it is

Interesting. It "autocorrects" "h a b" to habs in the URL, which is why you can't get the link. SO I guess you've got to go to the main page. ^_^

First C E N T E R, and now this? Geez.... :P

/edit fixed it ~JLP

Edited by JLP

WHo needs to read a blog to get to like our new guys?

They way I see it, Gomez is a huge improvement on Cpt Smurf, who although his pic hangs beside Beliveau's above my desk, was the losingest captain in Habs history. Cammalleri will show up more often then Kovy although not as talented, his consistancy will make up for that. Gionta is just plain better than Higgins. Our defence is probably better now aswell but that will not be for sure until we see them play.

Nothing bad has happened here, we are moving ahead, leaving deadwood behind and have a much better team than we iced last year. That is why UFAs signed with us now as compared to last season. We ditched the smurf!

Gomez is way heavy for his height. Packed solid with a low center of gravity. We'll see, he may be a lot tougher round the net than some of us expect.

Well if you haven't haven't seen those guys play, i'll just say that all the of the "smurfs" as people call them do go to the net, the play around the net, they aren't afraid to play defense or go to the boards. I'm certainly not saying they won't lose bettles due to there size but they will go in there unlike most of the habs teams over the past years. They will actually back check. My guess is they'll even get into some scrums in front of the opponants net.

The defense is significantly better, more mobile, tougher, bigger and better at moving the puck, therefore my guess is we'll see a better Carey Price. He won't have to make 40+ saves every night.

So my only question is how quickly they will gel together and play well. It may take a while, it may happen sooner with a much better locker room with proven winners and cup wins. I hope Gomez stands up on day 1 and says "the days of not showing up and playing hard is now unexceptable, the losing stops today".

Well if you haven't haven't seen those guys play, i'll just say that all the of the "smurfs" as people call them do go to the net, the play around the net, they aren't afraid to play defense or go to the boards. I'm certainly not saying they won't lose bettles due to there size but they will go in there unlike most of the habs teams over the past years. They will actually back check. My guess is they'll even get into some scrums in front of the opponants net.

The defense is significantly better, more mobile, tougher, bigger and better at moving the puck, therefore my guess is we'll see a better Carey Price. He won't have to make 40+ saves every night.

So my only question is how quickly they will gel together and play well. It may take a while, it may happen sooner with a much better locker room with proven winners and cup wins. I hope Gomez stands up on day 1 and says "the days of not showing up and playing hard is now unexceptable, the losing stops today".

:clap:

These new guys aren't smurfs, just smaller players. The last of the smurfs has moved to California, which is the place he ought to be.

The smurf version of the habs not only were small but played that way usually.

:clap:

These new guys aren't smurfs, just smaller players. The last of the smurfs has moved to California, which is the place he ought to be.

The smurf version of the habs not only were small but played that way usually.

At least Koivu had the decency to move as far away as he could unlike another former habs player who'se last name started with a Ko.

Koivu wont hurt us that much from over there. I hope Komi becomes the new Bryan McCabe who feeds our players great opening passes.

At least Koivu had the decency to move as far away as he could unlike another former habs player who'se last name started with a Ko.

Koivu wont hurt us that much from over there. I hope Komi becomes the new Bryan McCabe who feeds our players great opening passes.

Don't forget about Kovalev! He stayed even closer to Montreal than Komi did.

Komisarek never played even remotely close to a $4.5m man with anyone not named Markov. In all honesty, how much do you think the guy who finished the year with Hamrlik is worth? Or when he was playing with Souray or Bouillon a few years back?

I'm not worried about Kovalev, he only shows up once a week. So he will get his points. It's Spezza Heatly who kill the habs, how many habs dmen has he undressed?

If they move Heatly they may actually have a decent team. Time will tell i guess.

Kovy will help the hens, for about 10 games that is, the rest of the time he will be a waste of ice time.

Komo is in a place he can't hurt us, laughs are going to finish 10th , out of the dance but mid draft, again.

saku and teemu should look great doing that flying vee duck thing for disneyland.

hated losing mcdoughnut, but glad it wasn't PK. Lesser of 2 evils. Higgins grew up a habs fan and is probably sad to have not been good enough to be in our long term plans. The devestation he is feeling having been ditched will probably shorten his carreer.

Interesting. It "autocorrects" "h a b" to habs in the URL, which is why you can't get the link. SO I guess you've got to go to the main page. ^_^

That auto-correct has always bugged me a lot more than the centre one. I'm surprised I was allowed to have my username!

Kovalev WILL kill the Habs in at least one game this season. I doubt that it will be more than once - having proved his point he'll likely revert back to indifferent play - but it's 100% guaranteed to happen. The only one who could stop it would be Price robbing him on one of those patented from-the-slot howitzers of his. That hardly means that we should have kept him, though. I'd have liked to keep him, but I'm more than happy with the new team for all the reasons Chris explains (although I think it's completely unfair to accuse Koivu for one of playing small).

Komisarek could go either way. Peronally I think he will give TO their money's worth. But he's not the type to turn a game single-handedly, so he'll only kill us if he crushes a key player and injures him...which I can't recall seeing him do yet. Indeed, I suspect he won't be able to catch our front-line guys; they're just as likely to intimidate him with their speed as he is with his size.

Higgins is a dark horse to hurt us. Remember how he always got so hepped up for games against the Islanders and scored by the bucketful? We want to watch that he doesn't do that to les Canadiens. Nothing's more annoying than a so-so player who suddenly becomes an all-star when he plays against you - c.f. Stephane Richer, my candidate for Dumbest habs Ever, who after about 1990 ONLY looked really good when playing against us. Sure hope Higgins won't do that.

Koivu won't kill us, partly because he doesn't strike me as the vengful type, and partly because he's so far away. Hopefully his first game back in Montreal will be more in the way of a love-fest. Then again, he could come back to haunt us when we meet him again in the Stanley Cup Finals :lol::lol:

Komisarek could go either way. Peronally I think he will give TO their money's worth. But he's not the type to turn a game single-handedly, so he'll only kill us if he crushes a key player and injures him...which I can't recall seeing him do yet.

Ask Joe Thornton about the check he took from Komi in the 2004 playoffs...Komi busted a few of Joe's ribs!

(although I think it's completely unfair to accuse Koivu for one of playing small).

He didn't play small as much as he led small, causing the guys around him, regardless of size to play small. We don't need a leader who is Joe diplomacy, we need a leader who is an outspoken ass, that demands nothing but 100% from everyone on the team. We need a leader who calls out guys who don't do their jobs, as in big defenceman crushing not forewards, tough guys not fighting when it is due, wingers that won't fore check or back check. It is not time anymore for a "I have over came so much and am so nice so respect me " character. Not berating, just stating. The time for a new leader was last year. I hope too much nice guyness hasn't rubbed off on this team. Nice guys finish last. I want a genuine asshole for a captain now. GIve Gomez the C. He won't stand for the crap that we have put up with through the Koivu years, nor we will see umpteen coaches fired only to have success in their next jobs.

Cpt. Smurf, thanks for being the best of the worst Habs ever. Hope you instill the same kind of who cares attitude into Anaheim.

Defend him all you want to, but show me results, not " look what happened on the way to the rink " stuff. Yes he came back after cancer, but does that make him a captain? Ues he was the best when we had nobody else, does that make him a leader? Yes he usually tried his best, but he gets paid to do that. I respect him for what he is, but I never considered him a number one centre or a captain and realized years ago I like him more for his off ice achievements than his on ice ones.

Ask Joe Thornton about the check he took from Komi in the 2004 playoffs...Komi busted a few of Joe's ribs!

You mean he actually threw a hard check once, but it was 4 years ago. Better way of stating the same thing.

BGL actually fought someone once too, but he was playing elsewhere at the time.

Edited by dlbalr
Do not deliberately circumvent the language filter

Cpt. Smurf, thanks for being the best of the worst Habs ever. Hope you instill the same kind of who cares attitude into the Flighty....

Koivu is the best of the worst Habs of all time? He shouldn't be mentioned in a sentence with the term "Worst Habs of all time." You lose a lot of legitimacy with your argument (which does make some sense until that point). Also, don't try and circumvent the language filter.

Koivu is the best of the worst Habs of all time? He shouldn't be mentioned in a sentence with the term "Worst Habs of all time." You lose a lot of legitimacy with your argument (which does make some sense until that point). Also, don't try and circumvent the language filter.

You don't think the Habs teams under Saku were the worst ever?

Ok, how about worst in modern times then?

And ok on the lang filter

You don't think the Habs teams under Saku were the worst ever?

Ok, how about worst in modern times then?

And ok on the lang filter

I think some of those teams were really bad (the old days of Landry, Darby, Witehall, and Lind), but that's hard to hang on Koivu and the rest of the leadership core at that time. In recent years, the team hasn't been half bad, he was the captain 2 years ago when the team won the East. Last year was a disaster though, that I'll agree with. He's certainly not absolved from all blame and as the captain gets a good chunk of it, but to claim he had a "who cares" attitude is taking it a little too far in my opinion.

I think some of those teams were really bad (the old days of Landry, Darby, Witehall, and Lind), but that's hard to hang on Koivu and the rest of the leadership core at that time. In recent years, the team hasn't been half bad, he was the captain 2 years ago when the team won the East. Last year was a disaster though, that I'll agree with. He's certainly not absolved from all blame and as the captain gets a good chunk of it, but to claim he had a "who cares" attitude is taking it a little too far in my opinion.

It's not his who cares attitude as much as the lockerrooms/teams attitude while he was captain I am talking about.

I have followed the team since the 60's and know we stunk before Rocket came along, but that predates me. The 60's team was very good, 70s better, 80's we at least held our own, 90s started ok and then......YIKES!

Yes, we won the east 2 years back, but the rest of the time we barely competed. My statement should have read " thanks for being the best on the worst teams we ever iced".

I truely loved him for his inspirational play during those years, but hope we have grown beyond that point and therefore beyond a need for him.

It's not his who cares attitude as much as the lockerrooms/teams attitude while he was captain I am talking about.

I have followed the team since the 60's and know we stunk before Rocket came along, but that predates me. The 60's team was very good, 70s better, 80's we at least held our own, 90s started ok and then......YIKES!

Yes, we won the east 2 years back, but the rest of the time we barely competed. My statement should have read " thanks for being the best on the worst teams we ever iced".

I truely loved him for his inspirational play during those years, but hope we have grown beyond that point and therefore beyond a need for him.

That sounds a little better. :) I wouldn't say that we should be beyond a need for him - he still is a 50+ point 2nd line C, that in itself is worthwhile. But in terms of the leadership aspect, I can see where you're coming from there.

You mean he actually threw a hard check once, but it was 4 years ago. Better way of stating the same thing.

BGL actually fought someone once too, but he was playing elsewhere at the time.

Ahh!! C'mon dude! Was that really necessary?! I know many of you hate the guy for leaving us for the ennemy, but he did hand out quite a few massive bodychecks in his time with the habs. Afterall, he did lead the league in bodychecks last year and would have done so again this year had he not been injured!...anyways, that's all I gotta say about that!

Komi got his best offer from Toronto (or Montreal), Kovalev got his best offer from Ottawa, Begin got his best offer from Boston, Koivu got his best offer from Anaheim (or Minny - in short, the harmless West).

All of them did what was best for themselves, I bet being decent or indecent to the Habs never entered their minds.

Komi got his best offer from Toronto (or Montreal), Kovalev got his best offer from Ottawa, Begin got his best offer from Boston, Koivu got his best offer from Anaheim (or Minny - in short, the harmless West).

All of them did what was best for themselves, I bet being decent or indecent to the Habs never entered their minds.

I'd bet that it did, but that it wasn't the driving motivator that some believe it to be.

WHo needs to read a blog to get to like our new guys?

They way I see it, Gomez is a huge improvement on Cpt Smurf, who although his pic hangs beside Beliveau's above my desk, was the losingest captain in Habs history. Cammalleri will show up more often then Kovy although not as talented, his consistancy will make up for that. Gionta is just plain better than Higgins. Our defence is probably better now aswell but that will not be for sure until we see them play.

Nothing bad has happened here, we are moving ahead, leaving deadwood behind and have a much better team than we iced last year. That is why UFAs signed with us now as compared to last season. We ditched the smurf!

lmfao. Well done. :clap:

I've been contemplating to suggest the same thing for a while now. Was it really Gomez arrival that set this all in motion?

After all most of us dont even consider Gomez to be a bonifide #1 C so how could the rest of the NHL players think so highly of him for so many UFAs to have signed?

I cant help but agree and think maybe it was the opposite: Or is it that the rest of the NHL thinks so little of Koivu. "Oh, Koivu is gone, wheres the pen?"

I've said it aboot Komi, Habs fans have a home team bias for certain players which can blind them and make them like players a lot more than how good they actually are. Just because we like them doesnt mean there isnt anyone better. Everybody likes big booming hits by dmen up along the boards, so lots of Habs fans loved Komi for that. However the real truth is almost all of these checks are Tuckerish in nature. i.e. big bang from checker slamming into the boards, with little damage to the guy actually checked. Its rare to see a player Komi hits "hard" into the boards not get up instantly! Most of his checks probably do more damage to Komi than to whoever he's hitting. Ironically even with the massive size advantage Komi has (almost 1' 60 lbs), Tucker probably has a higher amount of players not getting up afterwards, which is insane and lots of Habs fans still say Komi is tough.