Great Blog that will get you to like our new guys...

MMPL

Here guys, haven't posted on here in forver, anyway, I thought I'd share this awesome blog I found. I encourage every habsfans to read this.

All credit to J.T. ~here :clap:

:hlogo:

:clap: Thanks for the excellent reference.

Nice guys finish last. I want a genuine asshole for a captain now. GIve Gomez the C. He won't stand for the crap that we have put up with through the Koivu years, nor we will see umpteen coaches fired only to have success in their next jobs.

Cause you know guys like Beliveau, Sakic, Yzerman, Lemieux, Lidstrom, Crosby are really A-holes ... that's why their teams won cups. :rolleyes:

Cause you know guys like Beliveau, Sakic, Yzerman, Lemieux, Lidstrom, Crosby are really A-holes ... that's why their teams won cups. :rolleyes:

I know all the above wont settle for losing, and will be obviously pissed when their team is under achieving. Being and ass or just having the air about you of demanding due respect, and then driving home the point when play slacks off. It isn't enough to lead by example, a real captain should have been able to get last years lineup back on track, as with the coach. I said it during the season and will again, "If Jean Beliveau was captain this season we would have been neck and neck with Boston, probably ahead of them as we wouldn't have lost so many to them."

I will remember Koivu as a great exciting foreward who was forced to play more icetime than he should of against teams best shut down lines and still achieved points. Great little centre, horrid period as captain. The CH are never suppose to miss the playoffs, are always suppose to be in the top picks for the cup preseason, and can't settle for sucking out in a season they were picked by most to win the East. Somebody has to be to blame for the falling apart of this team, and if not the captain and coach (although even Gainey himself couldn't right that lineups issues), then who is at fault? Some players were partying too hard and their were diviswions in the dressingroom? Is that what it was? Players weren't respecting the coach? Who's job is it to stand up in a dressingroom and address the other players when these things arise? The trainer?

Maybe ass is over stating it, but outspoken and demanding of respect are important. Especially when things are getting off track within a team.

I'm indifferent about losing Saku Koivu.

When I hear a guy like Grabovski say that Koivu is the only habs he actually respected, I start thinking that maybe Saku was the only one who wasn't berating him in the dressing room. But after seeing this punk's on-ice antics last year, then I think that Koivu should have been all over his ass from the get-go.

So I can understand why some people on this board are glad he's gone. But I also really do believe that alot of you have been influenced over the years by the hatchet-job done to Koivu by certain media types: "Oh, our captain doesn't want to learn French", "Oh, Saku isn't going to be at the golf tournament", "Oh, Koivu didn't like Ribs & Theo, and that's why we traded them".........(Didn't we also trade Craig Rivet & Mark Recchi, very close friends of Koivu?)

Here's how it works......Media needs to sell whatever they're peddling......they need controversy, because controversy is based on differing opinions, and they want to make sure that their blood-boiling customers are, indeed, able to express their opinions....even though their opinions are fueled with some of the one-sided nonsense they have been reading/viewing.

I know a lot of you will say, "Oh, my opinion is my own, and nobody else's"........but think about, EVERYTHING influences your opinion, no matter how trivial......in fact, by just being on this board is helping you shape your opinion.

Overall, I think the team is turning a new page, and it's probably better off without Koivu, but I will miss the character & sportsmanship he displayed during his tenure.....I will definitely not miss the media-driven histrionical fodder his presence created, but I'm also sure the vultures are already in the air trying to pick out a new victim.....Watch your back Hal Gill, you're even bigger in size than Larry Robinson, and even he felt worthless playing for the Habs at the tail end of his Hall-of-Fame career.