Brisebois doesn't go gentle into that good night

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/279055.html

Looks like a bit of a sad end to a (mostly) fine NHL career for Breezer. I may be wrong, but I can't see anyone picking him up. The sad part is that he still wants to play and is still training. Always a shame to see a good player unable to leave on his own terms; he'll go to his grave thinking he had a few more years left in the tank...

You can also detect a bit of bitterness in this interview, accurately observing that he's not in the Habs' plans, noting that Kovalev loved playing here, and (here comes the knife) 'observing' that only a couple of Québécois remain on the club. Sooner or later, grumpy departing francophones tend to pull out that old chestnut.

He's in denial stage. If he ever gets to acceptance, what the hell, maybe he'll grow into the role of Retired Alumnus.

Bob has been doing him a favour for the last 2 years. He was finished 3 years ago. Mr nice guy left town when he had to fire Guy. No more feel good nice guy moves.

Bob has been doing him a favour for the last 2 years. He was finished 3 years ago. Mr nice guy left town when he had to fire Guy. No more feel good nice guy moves.

:clap: my feelings all spring. I think we will all like the results a ticked off and determined Gainey brings next season.

Breezer should be happy he got to finish as a CH. Take a bow on openning day and retire. He would get an ovation going out that way. Better end to his carreer.

Patrice played a hell of a lot of good hockey for les Canadiens. Merci beaucoup Patrice; you were a sgnificant part of a great and continuing story and I enjoyed watching you play.

Its a shame but it has to be done this year. Bobs cleaned house and he hasnt done enough to warrant exemption. SOrry to see you go, I'll always remember his rookie season.

Personally I'm more bummed aboot the 2 years he was an Av. Brisbois was 1 of the last few who could have been a Habs all their career. Thats pretty much unheard of now. Koivu was another who could have. I guess now it might be down to Markov. Hopefully Bob does a better job at keeping Markov, and that Markov does a better job as he ages. ^_^

I just hope he is as good as Lafleur is as a retired alumnus :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I too love the new 'Terminator' edition of Bob Gainey. We are really seeing the man who won five Cups and MEANS BUSINESS. F*ck the rebuild, it's time to PRODUCE. If you're in decline and you failed to produce, you're out. You too, Patrice.

I'm sure Brisebois will come around to the more statsemanlike stance he's generally held vis-a-vis les canadiens. He just needs to learn that nobody else wants him either. :hlogo:

Aight, lets organize a demonstration outside the Bell Centre at 12pm Sunday. Everything bring wear their Brisebois jerseys and bring signs begging Bob to bring him back!

BreeZER! BreeeeeZER! BreeeeeZERRRRRRRR!

he actually did not play all that bad this year. however the habs must go forward. its time. if he catches on with another team, fine. otherwise go out graciously cuz you were blessed to even get a second chance.

Ah breezer... there is always the KHL mon ptit gars!

Yet I can see a team picking him up at the very end of September for dirt cheap and for the 7/6 Dman job

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmm, nope, not the KHL, more like NASCAR. :blink:

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip203986#clip203986

breezer is a great guy (ok not a great DEFENCE man) and I hope that whatever path he chooses it works out for him he has been much maligned over the years and he could use a break.