Reinsdorf bid unanimously approved by the NHL

dlbalr

what does the nhl have against Balsillie?

In 2007 Balsillie started to accept season tickets deposits for what would have been the Hamilton Predators. It royally pissed off the NHL Board of Governors.

shheeesh what is the world coming to when you can't be a maverick nhl owner. that's why i like hwl

Rumor is that Jersey's GM is selling season tickets in Moose Jaw. Tell Stream to shove that in his pipe and smoke it.

Doesnt Moose Jaw already have a minor-league caliber hockey team?

^_^

Luckily for you the Devils are only qualified to play Junior B. :P We get their civic arena, unless the Warriors need it, then we have to be off by nine.

There's a simple ethics code and procedure to follow to become an approved NHL owner. Balsillie took all of that and proceeded to crap on it, set it on fire, piss on it, throw it out the window and then applied to be an owner.

Is anyone honestly surprised that this douche bag got rejected?

Problem was he wasn't one of Gary's doucebags.....like Boots among others where the NHL brought in these shady kind of guys ......but according to Gary ALL due dilegence was done when approving/going over the finances of these "hand picked" owners..

Balsillie could of easily been approved had he not went with the "Look at me, I'm a billionaire and I can do anything I want cause I got money!"

Had he played his cards smart, he would bought the Preds or the Coyotes and move them out, without letting his intentions be known beforehand, when the loopholes presented themselves to him.

Instead he played his cards on the table from the get-go and pissed off all the owners.

Balsillie could of easily been approved had he not went with the "Look at me, I'm a billionaire and I can do anything I want cause I got money!"

Had he played his cards smart, he would bought the Preds or the Coyotes and move them out, without letting his intentions be known beforehand, when the loopholes presented themselves to him.

Instead he played his cards on the table from the get-go and pissed off all the owners.

Totally agreed, sucks to see we won't see another team in canada yet.

For the curious, the third bid that wants to put 5 games in Saskatoon was not voted on, since it was still too young of a bid to be subject to a full review. Apparently they got some positive feedback and intend to be part of the bidding process on Aug. 5.

Balsillie showed he has no respect for the league or its rules. He just wants a team. He is more than willing to use the courts to supercede league rules. This is an attitude that turns off other owners.

If he gets a team he may decide that the cap is limiting his ability to win and decide to ignore the cap and then sue if the league tries to enforce the penalties. Or he may decide that he wants to sign another team's RFA without paying any compensation. Or maybe he will sign an underage star before he is drafted. All these rules have legal weaknesses that put them in jeopardy in a court fight.

Of course, he may do no such thing but his track record makes the other owners nervous.