Hockey News: Habs 8th in the East

rafikz

The Score has Montreal finishing 10th, with Carolina 12th and New Jersey 13th. The four teams immediately ahead of Montreal are Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Toronto (6th).

:lol:

I beleive Tampa can surprise if healthy even To at some extent but Atlanta !!?? they have one awesome player and an above average goalie when healthy...which he's never been.

Mike Cammalleri

GP G A PTS

81 38 42 80

D'oh, the prediction is the Habs still wont have a 40 G scorer or a point per game player. So close though. I hope Cammy gets 40+ and 82 pts+. Its a been a long time since the Habs have had a Canadian who could be on the Canadian Olympic team and if Cammy can put up enough points he could actually make it.

Wow, pretty harsh predictions for Koivu and Kovy. :lol:

If Cammy plays with Gomez we could see monster numbers, e.g. 40+ goals. Even Iginla arguably doesn't have Gomez's pure playmaking skills (although Iggy is obviously 10X the player overall) and, under-remarked by most commentators, Cammy is only just now entering his prime.

If, as I expect, he plays with Pleks, I'd anticipate a drop into the low 30s range.

The Score is crap, their latest predictions just prove that. I'll be more interested in McKeen's' predictions.

If Cammy plays with Gomez we could see monster numbers, e.g. 40+ goals. Even Iginla arguably doesn't have Gomez's pure playmaking skills (although Iggy is obviously 10X the player overall) and, under-remarked by most commentators, Cammy is only just now entering his prime.

If, as I expect, he plays with Pleks, I'd anticipate a drop into the low 30s range.

The Score is crap, their latest predictions just prove that. I'll be more interested in McKeen's' predictions.

I met a Flames fan the other night and he didnt know where Camm landed (DUH)... but nevertheless... he said CAMM was AMAzing and gonna be deeply missed!!! he says they suck now even with Jokinen... and so much he wouldnt mind having Tanguay back again!

I met a Flames fan the other night and he didnt know where Camm landed (DUH)... but nevertheless... he said CAMM was AMAzing and gonna be deeply missed!!! he says they suck now even with Jokinen... and so much he wouldnt mind having Tanguay back again!

Media discussion of Cammy has been a joke, dominated by the idea that he is overrated because he played with Iginla and isn't really *that* good. This overlooks the fact that he had a PPG season in LA as what, a 25 year old? But I'm sure that if TO had signed him the tone would be very different, because the so-called 'experts' would actually take the time to look into his track record.

Not sure what Calgary is up to...they keep acquiring guys to support Iggy and then losing them (Tanguay, Cammy, Bertuzzi...). That seems to be an organization that just doesn't have any development program for young talent.

I really couldn't care less what these so called gurus say. They picked us to finish out of it 2 years back, we finished 1st, they picked us to finish 1st last year, we stunk. Their words are by no means whatsoever better than what we say collectively on here. They just happened to land jobs where they get paid for their opinions. As for myself, I think the team has improved so our results will improve over last season. We will finish in the top 4 and make it all the way to the finals, which we will win. I stand by that until I am proven wrong. the drive for 25 is alive and stronger than ever. We are icing the best team we have had in a long time. I am nothing but optimistic going into this season, but then again, I am on the Jager again..... :huh:

I think this season, with almost a whole new team in place, new coach, new staff, practically new everything... our ranking will be somewhere between 1st and 15th in the east. I really see it as anybody's guess. There are too many variables this year!

Not sure what Calgary is up to...they keep acquiring guys to support Iggy and then losing them (Tanguay, Cammy, Bertuzzi...). That seems to be an organization that just doesn't have any development program for young talent.

I'd take either of Dustin Boyd and Mikael Backlund over Max Pacioretty and Ben Maxwell. Calgary had a LONG stretch of having the players they drafted that did make the NHL be best remembered not as a Flame, but as something else (starting in about '96 or so... Morris, Begin, Lydman, Petrovicky, Fata, Betts, Sabourin, Frogren, Saprykin*, C. Anderson, Foster, Stoll, Moen, Kobasew, Moss*).

* - best known as a Flame, but other than that, at best it's 50/50 for Morris and Lydman, while instead of Stoll they got Lombardi out of the bizarre Stoll/Lombardi EDM/CGY prospect spat.

Also don't forget the original Flame acquisition brought in to support Iginla: Chris Drury. After one unsuccessful year in Calgary, they shipped him off to Buffalo with Begin for Reinprecht and Warrener. Drury then established himself as a go to guy and leader in Buffalo that got him an overblown $35m contract from the Rangers.

The Flames will do better this year now that they have a good coach for a change and a legitimate #1 d-man so that they aren't forcefeeding the Dion big minutes way before he's ready to handle them. Also, they've banked a bit of cap space so they shouldn't have to dress less than 20 skaters a night at the end of the year if injuries strike again (that cap SNAFU cost them the division title and got them Chicago in round 1 instead of St. Louis).

I'd take either of Dustin Boyd and Mikael Backlund over Max Pacioretty and Ben Maxwell. Calgary had a LONG stretch of having the players they drafted that did make the NHL be best remembered not as a Flame, but as something else (starting in about '96 or so... Morris, Begin, Lydman, Petrovicky, Fata, Betts, Sabourin, Frogren, Saprykin*, C. Anderson, Foster, Stoll, Moen, Kobasew, Moss*).

* - best known as a Flame, but other than that, at best it's 50/50 for Morris and Lydman, while instead of Stoll they got Lombardi out of the bizarre Stoll/Lombardi EDM/CGY prospect spat.

Also don't forget the original Flame acquisition brought in to support Iginla: Chris Drury. After one unsuccessful year in Calgary, they shipped him off to Buffalo with Begin for Reinprecht and Warrener. Drury then established himself as a go to guy and leader in Buffalo that got him an overblown $35m contract from the Rangers.

The Flames will do better this year now that they have a good coach for a change and a legitimate #1 d-man so that they aren't forcefeeding the Dion big minutes way before he's ready to handle them. Also, they've banked a bit of cap space so they shouldn't have to dress less than 20 skaters a night at the end of the year if injuries strike again (that cap SNAFU cost them the division title and got them Chicago in round 1 instead of St. Louis).

Maybe its not them, its Iginla. He might be a great talent, but can he play with others to raise his game and theirs?

Maybe its not them, its Iginla. He might be a great talent, but can he play with others to raise his game and theirs?

I heard he's not a leader, and doesn't have team mate respect and doesn't speak french and he's too finnish...