F1 2005 Season Thread

puck7x

Also... Nascar to Montreal possibly for 2006? Would it be popular here? I think so... Monster Rallies and WWE events are extremely popular in Montreal, so I'm guessing Nascar would also be (trying not to stereotype, lol). There are enough people here who'd go see it.

http://rds.ca/nascar/chroniques/180951.html

Originally posted by puck7x

An article about what Koivu/Brisebois/Domi/Lemieux are doing at the GP...

http://habsworld.net/out.php?2381

Btw Both Jordan's cars have the slogan "Bring back hockey" written on them. lol...

Anyone know how Brisebois did in the Ferrari challange? Was that today? or tomorrow?

I think the Ferrari challebge was Friday. I dont know if Brisebois finished, but at some point in the race he got to close wall and damaged his tires.

Originally posted by ap79

I think the Ferrari challebge was Friday. I dont know if Brisebois finished, but at some point in the race he got to close wall and damaged his tires.

... hahaha sounds about right :P

Did anyone see the "race" (lol) today?

What a disaster for F1, specifically F1 in the US. Not that the US cared about the F1 much in the first place, they were too busy watching Nascar to care.

Oh well, it makes the Canadian grand prix that much more important (its the only strong race in North America the F1 has got, and they want to keep a good connection with North America).

(For those who dont know what happened today... All teams with michelin tires (7/10 teams) pulled their drivers from the race because the tires were too unsafe to use for todays race, and the teams were not allowed to use new tires. In the end the race was between Ferarri, Jordan and Minardi. Schumi and Ruebens finished 1-2)

what a joke. You have to feel for the fans that travelled and bought tickets to see that garbage.

In the end, the only one at fault was Michelin for their faulty tires. there was talk about altering the course so that it could be safe for the Michelin drivers, but that wouldn't have been fair to the Bridgestone drivers who came with the correct equipment.

This should push the agenda of having one tire manufacturer for the entire circuit, something that was ironically talked about earlier this week.

BMW takes over team Sauber next year... So is this good news for the team? And Jacques (he has a 2 year contract, I'm hoping he wont be replaced as one of the 2 drivers though) .

At least now Sauber has the newest BMW engines rather then year old Ferrari's. Then again, a car is much more then just an engine.

http://rds.ca/f1/chroniques/181763.html

It will be BMW's own team, so Sauber will get everything from BMW (not only engines). On the other hand BMW Williams - they only had the BMW engine.

@Dutch: Yes, TheDoctore is simply the best, he's playing around with the other riders. :king:

A pity they are only showing some highlights from the WRC at Eurosport, right now the Austrian Stohl is pretty good.