Questions for Bulldogs PBP voice Derek Wills

dlbalr

This Thursday, I'll be hosting our offseason Bulldogs chat from 8-10 PM EST. We're pleased to have the voice of the Bulldogs, Derek Wills, join us to answer some questions from the fans. A regular chat will appear afterwards.

Post your questions for Derek here, or e-mail me at b.larose@habsworld.net.

If you ever wanted to know something about the Bulldogs or about a specific prospect, this is a great opportunity, we're very appreciative of Derek taking some time to join us.

Link to the chat: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1832

What are the differences (if any) of players that go from Junior to the AHL from the guys that go from NCAA to the AHL?

If Balsille is successful in moving Phoenix (or any team to Hamilton), where will the Bulldogs go and where would he personally like the team to go?

which player does he feel like a wild card to end up in montreal full time by the end of the season ??

please congratulate him on his work. I really enjoy listening to him.

I've moved this out to the Habs forum as evidently the majority of people have yet to see this thread where it was. The chat is tomorrow night, if you have a question about the Bulldogs or a specific player, this is a great opportunity.

I don't know how long Derek has been covering the 'Dogs, but my following question may be a good one if he's been around since they won...

--What are your thoughts on Kyle Chipchura? Considering his play at the AHL level, what is it that he has been lacking/missing to have not yet cracked the Habs' NHL lineup?

I don't know how long Derek has been covering the 'Dogs, but my following question may be a good one if he's been around since they won...

--What are your thoughts on Kyle Chipchura? Considering his play at the AHL level, what is it that he has been lacking/missing to have not yet cracked the Habs' NHL lineup?

I remember team990 broadcasting Dogs games and it was Wills who was doing them so he's been there at leat 4 years.

i'm pretty sure he's close to 10 years doing Bulldogs play by play.

Just a quick FYI, we're pulling a quick audible and re-arranging the schedule to run as follows:

8:00-9:00 PM: Bulldogs general chat

9:00-app. 9:45: Interview with Derek Wills

After the interview until roughly 10:00 PM: Continued Bulldogs general chat

As a result of the tweaked schedule, autoposting may not occur until the very end in order to ensure that Derek's answers are visible to the audience. I'm doing some research on the matter to see if we can't run an autoposted chat from 8-9 and then disable it afterwards.

I want to hear his thoughts on Sergei, and if he thinks his demotion last year made him more mature (a la Lapierre two years ago) and help him become a much better player this year in the NHL.

:hlogo:

How excited is he to watch P.K. Subban play this year? Which of the other newcomers is he excited to call?

If Chipchura makes the Habs, who does he think would make a good captain for the Bulldogs?

Who will have a better year, the Ti-Cats or the Bulldogs?

Thanks to those who came out, some great insightful answers from Derek. Unfortunately, there were half a dozen questions we didn't get to, apologies if yours weren't posted. I'll keep them stored in case we get to have Derek back later on this season.

The chat transcript is available in the link in the first post - I may pull it into an article, not sure yet.

Hey Brian, just want to thank you for all the extra work you've put into the offseason here. This little site of ours is really starting to garner a reputation. I look forward to the future when we'll be interviewing the likes of Bob Gainey and co.

:hlogo: