Kovy Wants To Finish His Career In Montreal

l<OV4L3V

I saw that earlier and had a good laugh.

Some of the user comments about that article are brilliant.

Gotta love cheering for a team where your best player doesn't want to play there and your second best player is already talking about playing for other organizations...Poor sens fans.

:lol:

I really dont want a guy like that on my team. does he ever shut up ??

he hasn't play a signle game yet he's talking of coming back here.

His only chance is if Gainey's still here and he's willing to take a huge pay cut.

«Ottawa était en quelque sorte mon dernier choix car autrement, je me serais probablement retrouvé ailleurs avec une entente d'une seule saison.»

Translation: Somehow Ottawa was my last choice. Otherwise I would've end up elsewhere for a one year contract.

Incroyable!!

translation Incredible !!

It's Kovalev, so again, I'm sure his words are being misunderstood because he still lacks to ability to properly express himself without causing it starting conspiracy theories. lol

Basically, I just see his comments as saying that he loved playing in Montreal and he wish he could have finished his career here. Of course, he's previously stated that he wants to keep playing hockey into his 40s even, so he still imagines his career going after the 2 years are done in Ottawa - in which he wouldn't rule out a return to Montreal because he loved it here. Basically he's just praising the city further... I don't really see anything wrong with it if we don't allow the media and a few fans warp it out of context.

Wow, why is he catching flak for this from Habs fans? Fist people blame him for his heart not being in the organization, now he's being blamed because his heart is in the organization. No win scenerio.

Kovalev loves to talk and being the centre of attention yet he's not the one that delivers the most consistently.

If he loved Montreal so much he should've played like he cared.

He's a Senators now and he's been doing is complaining how he,d rather be in montreal. If I were a Sens fan I'd be so pissed.

What if Cammalleri came out and said that he'd rather finish his career in Calgary and that he choose Montreal only for the contract ??

I don't see why we're all ripping him. I'm a Montreal fan, I couldn't give a rats ass if people are or aren't loyal to Ottawa. If this guy still loves Montreal, I say that's great and I respect him a little more for it.

Kovalev was one of my favorites. Gionta better prove worthy. All he was doing was telling the Montreal media that he didn't leave out of greed. That he was looking for security. He didn't necesarily choose Ottawa, but after holdong out so long, he thought he better sign before deals run out. What's the problem? He's too honest. I am going to miss him. I hope we have replaced him, because he was our best forward for 5 years. I am honestly not impressed by Gionta in the least. Maybe (hopefully) I will be proven wrong. Kovalev always does stuff like this. He doesn't know when to be quiet.

Just a fantasy situation here

But if Ottawa fell out of the race (not taking cap or roster or media issues into account) I would love to see us trade for him.

This season? There's no way that's happening (because of cap, roster and media issues). But I wouldn't mind Kovalev and/or Koivu coming back to us later on.

This is where I lost complete confidence in Gainey after being a long time booster. That and Komisarek. Losing Kovalev was dumb dumb dumb. For a two year contract at 5m!!?? And this lame ass excuse of we tendered a contract and never heard back. Pick up the phone Bob. According to Murray Wilson he was a leader in the room and the most active charity guy on the team. He is by far one of the most entertaining player in the league. Also who can forget him knocking Tucker into next week.

It's Kovalev, so again, I'm sure his words are being misunderstood because he still lacks to ability to properly express himself without causing it starting conspiracy theories. lol

Basically, I just see his comments as saying that he loved playing in Montreal and he wish he could have finished his career here. Of course, he's previously stated that he wants to keep playing hockey into his 40s even, so he still imagines his career going after the 2 years are done in Ottawa - in which he wouldn't rule out a return to Montreal because he loved it here. Basically he's just praising the city further... I don't really see anything wrong with it if we don't allow the media and a few fans warp it out of context.

well put well said and I agree completely.Some people just love to hate him for no good reason.

Nilan, i have to respectfuly disagree. Who ever thought this guy was a leader is nuts, His work ethic is second to last. He was sent home for being a lazy slug. His point totals don't even come close to 5 mill a year.

I agree he has talent but nothing else makes him a good team mate.

The reason people hate him is simple, he isn't a good team mate, he isn't a big point producer, it has been this way his entire career. Ask any Ranger or Penguin fan.

This season? There's no way that's happening (because of cap, roster and media issues). But I wouldn't mind Kovalev and/or Koivu coming back to us later on.

Hence why I said not taking in mind not taking in mind those issues. ;)

The reason people hate him is simple, he isn't a good team mate, he isn't a big point producer, it has been this way his entire career. Ask any Ranger or Penguin fan.

I really don't get the not a good team mate. I have never heard that. I was a fan of Kovy's while he played for us. there were many nights he was the only reason to watch. As to his point production 941 points in 1151 games is not that bad. He was always a top point getter on our team. The trouble with kovy is he has tremendous talent and therefore expectations are very high. He is/was unable to live up to the expectations. I went to his website and he has a very nice thank you to the fans of montreal. I couldn't find anything like that from, oh say, Koivu. If he was a cancer in the room or a bad team mate I highly doubt that he would be wearing a A on his sweater or be the Captain when Saku was hurt. In short I think it comes down to frustration that he was not the superstar we wanted him to be. But man o man he was fun to watch. :hlogo:

This vid (from the amazing movie Downfall/Der Untergang) exists for just about every topic but this one is especially funny (and relates to this topic).

I really don't get the not a good team mate. I have never heard that. I was a fan of Kovy's while he played for us. there were many nights he was the only reason to watch. As to his point production 941 points in 1151 games is not that bad. He was always a top point getter on our team. The trouble with kovy is he has tremendous talent and therefore expectations are very high. He is/was unable to live up to the expectations. I went to his website and he has a very nice thank you to the fans of montreal. I couldn't find anything like that from, oh say, Koivu. If he was a cancer in the room or a bad team mate I highly doubt that he would be wearing a A on his sweater or be the Captain when Saku was hurt. In short I think it comes down to frustration that he was not the superstar we wanted him to be. But man o man he was fun to watch. :hlogo:

The bottom line is we would be a better team with him than without him

'All he wanted was security...'

That's the catch, isn't it? You want Bob to pump $5-mil per for 3-4 years into an aging Kovlev? Gionta is five years younger and produces roughly comparable point totals (and that's not factoring in his chemistry with Gomez). And if he doesn't have the game-breaking capability of Kovy, he also doesn't bring any of the drama and distractions. It's not rocket science: KOIVU AND KOVALEV WERE SIMPLY TOO OLD to be good signings at this stage of the game. I love Kovalev - his latest comments just crack me up and are classic Kovy, wonderfully oblivious to all the normal rules of the game - but the sentimentality of some fans (crying for Carbo, for Koivu, for Kovalev) is hard for me to understand. Not only were these guys aging and declining and coming off a horrible season, they never won a damned thing. Turn the page.

'All he wanted was security...'

That's the catch, isn't it? You want Bob to pump $5-mil per for 3-4 years into an aging Kovlev? Gionta is five years younger and produces roughly comparable point totals (and that's not factoring in his chemistry with Gomez). And if he doesn't have the game-breaking capability of Kovy, he also doesn't bring any of the drama and distractions. It's not rocket science: KOIVU AND KOVALEV WERE SIMPLY TOO OLD to be good signings at this stage of the game. I love Kovalev - his latest comments just crack me up and are classic Kovy, wonderfully oblivious to all the normal rules of the game - but the sentimentality of some fans (crying for Carbo, for Koivu, for Kovalev) is hard for me to understand. Not only were these guys aging and declining and coming off a horrible season, they never won a damned thing. Turn the page.

I have to say that at the end of last year I said we should not re-sign him at any more than 3.5 mill for 2 years, so I guess in my world he would have walked anyways. His age and the season he had last year are big factors in not signing him for 3 or 4 years at 5 mill. Ottawa overpaid for him imho and they now have a Kovy who probably will not be as motivated in ottawa as he was in Montreal. If I am an ottawa fan I would probably hide all the razor blades cause he can make you want to slit your wrists some nights. :lol: :hlogo:

Nilan, why are they a better team with Kovalev? 1 missed playoffs, (2) 8 seeds and a top seed.

Only made it to the second round once i beleive, maybe twice.

Let's see what the new team does in the next 4 years.

As another poster said, Koivu and Kovalev were a year older, there point totals were emabarrassing for how much money they made, they "Leadership" they were suppose to provide led the team absolutley know where with plenty of off ice drama.

I'll gladly take the new team over what i have seen in the 14-15 years.

Obviously i am in the small minorty on Kovalev but look at the facts. He didn't realy do anything to make the Habs a better team. He had 1 PPG year in 4 1/2 years witht he habs. Not alot of bang for your buck.

He was sent home for being a due### bag.

He flopped and dove to cost them a game. (He did come back strong after that i admit)

Questionable intereviews, problems with the coach, problems with his linemates.

Problems with work ethic, something you don't want in a suposed leader.

So where i think he has talent, i just don't see him as a leader, goo tema mate etc. Time will tell on is the turnover worth while. I beleive it will be.

So the arguements the other way:

Gomez overpaid, no question, especially if he doesn't produce. He is a better player, leader then Kovalev.

So people mention Gionta. Is he overpaid? probably, but his stats and work in all 3 zones will make up for Kovalev's fancy (occaisional) good plays. Gionta has the work ethic, he drives to the net, he plays in all 3 zones, he is a leader and a winner. He will produce similar numbers to Kovalev this year i believe.

Kovalev was given a similar offer as Gionta, maybe not a s many years, he waited, he tried to drive his price up, if he loved the habs so much he had a chance to sign and didn't. That is clearly on him. He thought he had BG by the balls because know one typically signs with the habs. 1 trade solved that problem.

So i for 1 am glad to see him gone. I also am probably one of the very few who are wxcited with the changes and am willing to give the new guys some time before i throw them under the bus. 1 thing is for sure they can't do any worse then the last 15 years or so.