Looking for a new Mobile Phone Company

Psycing

Alright guys, I've endured the last 3 year contract I had with Telus, and I'm looking to move on to something new. I'm not interested in Telus or Bell.

What I'm looking for:

-$25 plan that doesn't get much higher with hidden fees (sometimes they tell you 25, but it comes out to 40... I want it to be closer to 30, not 40).

-unlimited text messaging

-free evenings (diff companies offer different times, obviously, the earlier it starts the better)

-free weekends (or at least free evenings on weekends)

-The ability to bring the phone I have with Telus now and phone # over to the new company

Anyone know where I can get all of the above? I'd definitely like to keep my number since everything is linked to it right now, including my new job(s). Changing it now will be a huge hastle.

Edited by Psycing

Imaginationland?

lol, you'd be surprised. I know people with similar plans, I just need one that lets me bring over my number (I'll take their cheapest phone if they won't accept mine).

You want Virgin Mobile my friend.

For their $25/month plan, you get unlimited evenings and weekends and an option of your choice (one of which being unlimited text messaging).

I'm fairly sure they'll let you keep your old number, and I know keeping your old phone won't be a problem.

And yes, I'm still here. I just don't post.

You want Virgin Mobile my friend.

For their $25/month plan, you get unlimited evenings and weekends and an option of your choice (one of which being unlimited text messaging).

I'm fairly sure they'll let you keep your old number, and I know keeping your old phone won't be a problem.

And yes, I'm still here. I just don't post.

Really? Virgin must charge a lot less up in Canada. Their cheapest monthly plan down here is 30 bucks and has unlimited nothing. For unlimited nights, weekends, and texts, it's 50 bucks a month.

Really? Virgin must charge a lot less up in Canada. Their cheapest monthly plan down here is 30 bucks and has unlimited nothing. For unlimited nights, weekends, and texts, it's 50 bucks a month.

Wow, that's lame. Their cheapest plan is $15/month. To get unlimited evenings/weekends, you need to be on at least their $22/month plan.

http://virginmobile.ca/vmc/en/plans/myplan/myplan.html

Wow, that's lame. Their cheapest plan is $15/month. To get unlimited evenings/weekends, you need to be on at least their $22/month plan.

http://virginmobile.ca/vmc/en/plans/myplan/myplan.html

I'm liking their offer so far... but it looks like I might have to take one of their phones... hmm. I wanted to keep my phone because I paid about 100$ for it 2 months ago after I lost my other one.

Any thoughts on Fido? Rogers?

I'm on Rogers (and Telus) but I can't really tell you how they are since I don't pay for either of my phones.

I do know I've got unlimited texting on my Rogers phone and free evenings/weekends. I was allowed to bring my old number over but didn't want to since the other phone was still in use. But I think it's running in the 40-50 a month range. But thats just a guess, like I said, don't pay for them myself.

My sister and dad are both on Rogers too though and they like it.