4th Annual HabsWorld Prediction Contest

Peter Puck

4th annual HabsWorld points prediction contest.

Hall of Fame:

2006-2007 Jean

won with a prediction of 92 points when the Habs finished the year with 90 pts. If only we could have won that last game. :angry:

2007-2008 Adirondack Bud

exactly predicted our final total of 104 pts.

2008-2009 Zowpeb

won by predicting a strong start followed by a slower 2nd half ending with 99 points. The Habs finished the season in 8th place with 93 points.

On September 22, 2008 Zowpeb predicted "I think we'll see a rough patch just past the mid-year point... " Wow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than just predicting our regular season final points total, predict what the Habs regular season record will be. The winner will be the poster whose point total is closest to the Habs at the end of the season. Ties will be broken using the NHL tiebreaking formula.

Make you predictions by the end of the month.

Edited by Peter Puck

42-29-11

for 95 points. The first 20 games will be a little rough, but by the time november comes along, the team will gel together. They will play well for a few months, and things might slow down a little in february. They'll make the playoffs, and will finish the season in 6th place in the east.

48-28-6 for 102points.

This team will surprise. I just pray that it will be for the best!

Go Habs Go!

Edited by Chips

God bless Colin for having the courage to actually say what we all are thinking . . . ^_^

That's not what I'm thinking

49W 26L 6OTL =104

I'll go something like 96 points 6 or 7 seed.

People are peimistic i beieve because they didn't like the changes, but i could be wrong.

It certainly can't get any worse then the traditional 8 seed, then miss the playoffs, 8 seed miss the playoffs.

I'm not worried about the players, or the size of the team (over rated, the are 20th in size ahead of Tampa, Pittsburgh to name a few).

My big concern is Martin. But i'm hoping he'll prove me wrong. I was hoping for Hartley.

I'm not being pessimistic. I like the changes. If I set the goal I did, boy won't I be happy when they hit 40 points. And 50? Ecstatic. And 60? Stunned. 70 and above and I'll go into shock and be uncommunicative for a while.

A bevy of HW readers are, at this point, praying for 70 points.