NHL season thread

JoeLassister

Not pleased with how Hitchcock is handling the goalie situation in Columbus. Mason has been off to a rough start this season, but Garon still only has three starts. Tonight, Mase gives up three goals on the Wings first six shots and is replaced with Garon, who comes in and stops 11 of 12 the rest of the period. Who skates to the net to start the second period? You guessed it, Mason comes back out and gives up 5 more goals the rest of the game. The kid was getting blasted, what the hell was Hitch thinking throwing him back out there? Garon better be warming up as the starter when I get to Nationwide on Friday.

Garon, indeed, was given the start and played quite well against Anaheim. His rebound control was a bit shaky, but overall he played well. Props to Hitch for naming him the starter for the next game, he deserves it.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to ESPN.go.com, the 3 stars of the Flames - Kings game are Glencross 0g-1a, Langkow 1g-1a and Doughty 1g-1a. How Jarome Iginla can possibly be ignored in the 3 stars of the game when he has an hat trick ??

Pascal LeClaire is officially cursed. After getting run over in the 2nd period, he was removed from the game, primarily for precautionary reasons, given his injury history. Sitting on the bench in the 3rd period, a puck was fired into the bench and bounced off of the glass and into Pazzy's face. He is now out for a month with a broken cheekbone. Seriously, this guy can't even stay healthy on the bench.

Pascal LeClaire is officially cursed. After getting run over in the 2nd period, he was removed from the game, primarily for precautionary reasons, given his injury history. Sitting on the bench in the 3rd period, a puck was fired into the bench and bounced off of the glass and into Pazzy's face. He is now out for a month with a broken cheekbone. Seriously, this guy can't even stay healthy on the bench.

:lol:

Ovechkin injured on a hit in which he got ejected for knee-on-knee hitting Gleason. Both players left the game, Ovechkin was unable to put weight on his leg.

i expect you will see a lot of this with ovie. he is too reckless. i don't predict a long career for him. might be a lot of years, but not many games per year.

Keith Ballard almost decapitates his own goalie, Thomas VOkoun :blink: :blink: :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOB_Lwpm3vk

Very similar to this one

Surovy tries to decapitate Halak

Ovechkin injured on a hit in which he got ejected for knee-on-knee hitting Gleason. Both players left the game, Ovechkin was unable to put weight on his leg.

*sigh*

The one year I get Ovechkin in my pool and he's injured again...

Ovie BETTER get the same 5 games as Laraque received.

My question is this: suspensions and injuries...do they run concurrent? Or does a player have to be medically cleared to play before suspensions start?

Ovie BETTER get the same 5 games as Laraque received.

My question is this: suspensions and injuries...do they run concurrent? Or does a player have to be medically cleared to play before suspensions start?

Ovechkin got two games, which makes sense. Laraque has been suspended before, Ovechkin hasn't. Thus, you would expect Laraque's suspension to be longer.

That's a good question, I was wondering that myself.

Ovechkin got two games, which makes sense. Laraque has been suspended before, Ovechkin hasn't. Thus, you would expect Laraque's suspension to be longer.

That's a good question, I was wondering that myself.

Ovie has had a lot of 'first offences' in the last what 40 games going back to last year?

- Gonchar incident

- Slough(sic) foot

- Checking from behind (game misconduct)

- this knee on knee (game misconduct)

How is that not a history of antics?

I'm not mad Laraque received five games, cause it was ugly. This shows a blatent two tier system for punishment in the NHL.

How is that not a history of antics?

It's all about suspension history when it comes to the league office. Ovie has never been suspended before, so those didn't factor into their decision. I'm sure you could come up with a long list of similar offenses that Laraque committed before his first suspension as well.

Seems to me like Rutherford got fleeced here. Sent #27 overall last year and their 1st in the next draft (lottery bound!) for Tlusty, a forward who couldn't crack the leafs lineup! How does this happen??

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300950

Edit: I'm losing my mind. No 1st, just Paradis for Tlusty. Makes a lot more sense.