JoeLassister

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st game for Pete Laviolette as the Flyers coach tonight

Flyers lose at home 8-2

Ovechkin didn't play

I'm sure Stevens is getting a kick out of it :)

Edited by rafikz

Jets, was the call back of Columbus' tying goal as bad as it looked on the arena replay?

Dunno, I was out with the gf so I didn't see the game (or Florida/Bama for that matter but I guess for that one it's probably a good thing I missed it)

Most Columbus fans are saying it should've been no goal but Quincey should have been penalized. Obviously all Avs fans are saying it was no goal.

Dunno, I was out with the gf so I didn't see the game (or Florida/Bama for that matter but I guess for that one it's probably a good thing I missed it)

Most Columbus fans are saying it should've been no goal but Quincey should have been penalized. Obviously all Avs fans are saying it was no goal.

Looks like even the Dispatch blogger said it was clearly the right call, so I guess I have nothing to be upset about. That's the problem with arena scoreboards, they don't show all the angles. You also can't see detail very well, unless maybe it's a monster like the one at the Bell Centre (I've never seen it in person, but I imagine the picture has to be excellent). I sure as heck couldn't tell that the puck went in underneath the goal. Looked to me like the goal hadn't even moved before I saw the puck in the goal.

Overall, that was a really lousy game. The first period was the worst 20 minutes of hockey I've ever seen. The two teams were no less sloppy than the 7 and 8 year olds who played at intermission. Jackets looked completely uninspired most of the game. Their defensive play is just in shambles. Stralman and Hitchcock's boy Tyutin are producing on the powerplay, but their defensive play is crap. Jan Hejda has been lousy since coming back from injury. Commodore still doesn't look right out there. Russell is finally coming into his own, but he still has a long way to go to be a good defender. Klesla had been there best defender, and he's out for 4-6 weeks, minimum. This team is a mess, and I think Hitch has quite possibly lost them. (Of course, I've never been a Hitchcock fan.)

At least booing Foote was enjoyable.

Just finished watching the Canes@Caps game. Lots of drama, the kind the media loves. In the first period, Mike "hand-me-the-Norris-trophy-already" Green got struck by a stick in the face and is sprawled out in the Canes' defensive zone, Canes counter attack and scores the 1-0 goal.

Later in the period Ovechkin fired a shot and the puck deflected off of Tim Gleason's stick and struck him square in the face. He had to go to the locker room, bleeding, and came back with a full face-shield after having had a lot of stitches.

Later still in the period Green softly gives up the puck in his own end and Eric Staal scores the 2-0 goal for the Canes.

Late in the second period Carolina had a powerplay and T. Ruutu scored a goal but it was correctly waived off because he kicked the puck and it never made contact with his stick before entering the goal. The Canes commentator kept saying that the rule is stupid and they should allow for players to kick the puck into the net (if I understand him correctly). Personally, there's no way I can agree with that, it just seems illogical. If I want to see players kicking stuff into the net I'll watch soccer (which I do frequently). I'm perfectly fine with the rule as it is.

Anywho, with just a couple of seconds left of the period, Semin is cherry-picking and gets the puck and goes on a breakaway, steps around the aforementioned Gleason but loses control of the puck. Cam Ward tries to clear the puck away with his blocker but he only manages to give the puck back to Semin, who easily puts it in the back of the open net - with 0,6 seconds left to play.

In the third the Caps go ahead 3-2 and then later gets a powerplay. Caps have possession in the Canes' zone and Mike Norris, eh, sorry, Green, skates from right to left along the blueline and tries to find some Capital with a pass but Tim Gleason intercepts the puck, goes the length of the ice, takes a huge slap shot and scores the shorthanded goal behind Theodore.

Thankfully for Green and the Caps, in OT Nicklas Bäckström steals the puck from, I think, Pitkänen, passes it to Green who scores the OT GWG. So yeah, give the guy the trophy already. He's clearly so superior that no one has a chance of catching him anyway. :rolleyes:

lol Mike Green. Norris. Shouldn't be used in the same sentence. ;) He's a fantastic player on the puck, but his defense is average. Nothing more.

Yeah, I still can't decide if I want him on the Olympic team or not. We have other d-men with great offensive games but they're good in their own end too. Likewise with Phanuef (who I think has played his way off the team anyway)

Kovalev with 3 goals tonight :)

Cammalleri and Gionta (having been injured for a lengthy stretch) still have more, I believe. L'Artiste will still have a good game or three (this is probably one of the 10 games a year he decided to try), but I think we got the better of the UFA situation.

Cammalleri and Gionta (having been injured for a lengthy stretch) still have more, I believe. L'Artiste will still have a good game or three (this is probably one of the 10 games a year he decided to try), but I think we got the better of the UFA situation.

Oh, no question, Cammy and Gionta will end the season with much better stats, great acquisitions

By the way, Kovy's 2nd goal tonight was wintage Kovy; wattashot, effortless

Don Cherry said if Kovy worked his a.. off every night, he would be the best in the NHL, period

Edited by rafikz

Just caught a story on the RDS website. Alex Tanguay a healthy scratch for Tampa. He only has 4 goals. It's just bizarre, how poorly many of the players we let go are performing this season.

Spezza out for 6 to 8 weeks. Now that could help the Habs.

Really? Not like he was doing anything before. :P May actually hurt the Habs - the Sens will insert a player who will try every night. The worst news from Ottawa would be Kovalev going down with injury too. Then Ottawa would put in TWO players who would give a shite rather than two guys who play 10 games a season. :D

Really? Not like he was doing anything before. :P May actually hurt the Habs - the Sens will insert a player who will try every night. The worst news from Ottawa would be Kovalev going down with injury too. Then Ottawa would put in TWO players who would give a shite rather than two guys who play 10 games a season. :D

:lol: