Sergei wants to be traded

rafikz

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wonder if he understands that he was sent down because he played like he wanted to be sent down. If I was Bob I'd take him aside and give his head a shake and tell him to smarten up. What a classless, childish player he turned out to be.

:hlogo:

I'm guessing BG or someone else gave him that talk. I'm sick of him already too. I would move him, maybe send him and his brother somewhere for winger to play with Cammalarri.

I have no simpathy for players who think they are entitled, he really hasn't done much to warrant any NHL time.

So BG should start getting to the phones and get rid of the distractions.

Biggest problem for Sergei... there is no market for him...

It was like when Carle asked for a trade last year. His options right now are to go to Hamilton or sign in Russia.

Toronto?

Everyone's been waiting for the other shoe to drop since he got cut from the training camp roster. He wants out? I would NOT give him the easy way out after the way it played out, trade him only if we can get a decent return, which right now is very unlikely. If you're unhappy go to the KHL, if he is half the player he thinks he is, we will get more for his rights in a couple of years then right now outright.

Also, I don't think people should be bunching both of the Kosty brothers together - Andrei's upside is much bigger than SK's, and his attitude is better too. You may yet end up trading AK down the line, but not after a sub-par season which he's primed to improve upon with better linemates this year, and not as a knee-jerk reaction to the antics of his younger brother.

Sad. Like he's proven ANYTHING at the NHL level. Yet he feels entitled to an NHL spot. A joke.

Having said that, I'm really getting tired of Montreal dumping highly-talented but immature young players. Grabovski has already shown signs of maturing into quite an effective 2nd line C. Ribeiro is now an NHL All-Star. Even Hainsey has put together a decent NHL career for himself as a useful offensive defenceman (not that we really need him). I have no desire to add Sergei to this list - especially when you consider that it will probably indirectly cost us his brother, another young guy who needs to grow up. Dumping every immature young player is just another form of bad asset management, analogous to Bob's destructive policy of waiting til the last minute to negotiate with impending UFAs.

Gainey, Martin, and maybe a vet like Hamrlik need to make time to talk to the young man and explain to him exactly what is expected and why the organization feels this is the best move for his development. Before we cut him loose, every effort should be made to rehabilitate him, because he *does* have the talent to be quite a good NHLer. Remember: he's a kid.

I don't understand Sergei at all. His brother was a 1st round pick in the deepest draft in recent memory and he played most of 3 seasons in Hamilton before getting a full time spot. Sergei plays 22 games in his first pro season in Hamilton, then 16 games last year and he's complaining about going back? And he's always finished the year in Montreal, too. Andrei played 180 AHL games... why is Sergei pouting about being sent back to Hamilton before he has played 40?

The ramifications of 2007-09 are going to be felt quite a bit longer in this organization than we'd like.

I don't understand Sergei at all. His brother was a 1st round pick in the deepest draft in recent memory and he played most of 3 seasons in Hamilton before getting a full time spot. Sergei plays 22 games in his first pro season in Hamilton, then 16 games last year and he's complaining about going back? And he's always finished the year in Montreal, too. Andrei played 180 AHL games... why is Sergei pouting about being sent back to Hamilton before he has played 40?

The ramifications of 2007-09 are going to be felt quite a bit longer in this organization than we'd like.

Cause he's an immature spolied little brat! If he doesnT' get what he wants, he pouts!

I say let him rott a little while longer. DO NOT trade him for a bag of pucks. If Boob can get something decent for him, then go for it, but if all we will get is a 6th round draft pick, I say let him rot a little. Let him think things through.

He belongs to the habs for a little while longer, does he not?

Having said that, I'm really getting tired of Montreal dumping highly-talented but immature young players. Grabovski has already shown signs of maturing into quite an effective 2nd line C. Ribeiro is now an NHL All-Star. Even Hainsey has put together a decent NHL career for himself as a useful offensive defenceman (not that we really need him). I have no desire to add Sergei to this list - especially when you consider that it will probably indirectly cost us his brother, another young guy who needs to grow up. Dumping every immature young player is just another form of bad asset management, analogous to Bob's destructive policy of waiting til the last minute to negotiate with impending UFAs.

Great post CC!! :clap::clap:

Edited by Habsfan

I honestly must have missed the games when SK showed his "immense" talent. It's even funnier to read the suggestions about how the GM, coach, players, etc need to coddle him and explain why he was sent down. Seems to me the cut from the team should be pretty self explanatory. Get off your ass, work hard, and prove you have the will and desire to play for the team.

Freakin' fringe athletes and their sense of entitlement.

I guess I can scratch his name from the may be "captain material" short list... :o

Really sad to see this happen to a talent that was showing signs of making it! He would have really made a difference in Hamilton and that would have got him a ticket back to Montreal as soon as we needed an injury filler.

I hope this does not put a damper on big brothers game.. he needs to get things in gear again and this might derail that plan; :?-

On a brighter note, Kyle's chances of finding his way back to the Big Team just improved. ;) Chips needs to get healthy and prove he is a team player. I will bet that Chips is not the kind of player that would pull this kind of stunt!

Go habs Go! :clap:

I guess I'll be the contrarian and say Bob won't trade him. Sergei kinda destroyed (whatever remained of) his trade value when he demanded the trade. I think bob makes him some sort of tacit trade deadline promise - if he isn't on the active roster by the deadline, he'll get his trade.

Carle didn't get a trade, neither will Sergei. See ya in the KHL, pal!

That would make a 3rd player lost to the KHL. You think the Habs have learnt their lesson with Russians?? :rolleyes:

Sergei still has tremendous upside. I can think of a few teams that would want him.

That's why we shouldn't trade him. As for "mollycoddling," look, running a team isn't about punishing punks and rewarding sturdy moral fibre, it's about maximizing your assets. Dumping this sort of player in the past has not generally helped us (you telling me we couldn't use Grabovski and Ribeiro in our system?). Better to exhaust every opportunity for helping the player to mature and achieve his potential. I'm sick of losing assets for minimal return.

That's why we shouldn't trade him. As for "mollycoddling," look, running a team isn't about punishing punks and rewarding sturdy moral fibre, it's about maximizing your assets. Dumping this sort of player in the past has not generally helped us (you telling me we couldn't use Grabovski and Ribeiro in our system?). Better to exhaust every opportunity for helping the player to mature and achieve his potential. I'm sick of losing assets for minimal return.

Well said! The days of players being dazzled by putting on a Habs sweater is loong gone. Although, I think in this instance he is the right Russian to go.

Unlike Kovalev. Will miss the Grabowski fued.