Habs @ Maple Leafs | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

1st line doesnt need to be huge when you tough guys behind them that will hit and throw down. Big Joke Laraque is not going to intimidate anyone, trust me. A weak team last year got weaker. Cannot stomach the off season moves. The is the most grueling professional sports season around and these guys wont last. Too small, too weak, and no balls.

:rolleyes:

Countdown...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gainey better make sure there are a lot of EMS and ambulances on site in Toronto bc the new Montreal "Midget" Habs are gonna get killed physically against Toronto. This game is the reason for Torontos big off season moves. Gionta and the rest of the under 6 footers on the Habs are gonna be nervous and rightfully so. They are in for a 12 round heavyweight fight that they just cant win. Mark my words, Komo will bury someone at every chance he gets...

No big deal.

If you think about it, we've been without a Captain since 1995

I have been saying that for years.

1st line doesnt need to be huge when you tough guys behind them that will hit and throw down. Big Joke Laraque is not going to intimidate anyone, trust me. A weak team last year got weaker. Cannot stomach the off season moves. The is the most grueling professional sports season around and these guys wont last. Too small, too weak, and no balls.

Thanks for stopping by, Komo's girlfriend. Sorry to inform you that your loverboy will fair no better in Laughville than he did here. Hope you enjoy watching Lucic pound him like a rag doll, as it happens often. Just because the TO based media rates their teams move as better than anyone else's means nothing. They always tend to tell us what a great contender they have put together preseason and then miss the dance.The last time the media rated the habs out of the playoffs they finished first in the East. I have no fear going into this season and have no need to post on a Laugh site and spout off, as some Laugh fans namingly you, seem to like to. Enjoy your 44th straight losing season! (Although I am sure you have been alive for maybe 12 of them)

GO HABS GO! Let's have a fun season!

The drive for 25 is alive!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I can't locate a bar in Villefranche that is showing the game tonight!

Now I understand why Europeans don't quite get the game, they don't get to watch it!

F-ing kick the ball everywhere though. Now there is an exciting game.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

oh my its a game thread.... can it truly be that great day in all of sport. the start of another season of hockey. Thank God and may the hockey Gods and Ghosts, shine brightly on our beloved Canadiens.

Go Habs Go!

YA BABY!!

As anybody who's friended me on FB knows, I've been talking a mountain of sh*t about this game to my Toronto (via Newfoundland) relatives. If it isn't too much trouble boys, please, please do no make me eat my words. 6-1 habs would do nicely.

I still don't see who can put the puck in the net for the Leafs. Play a strong defense and it's just a matter of time before our lightning offense strikes!

Leaf fans have once again convinced themselves that they are going to the playoffs. What is funny is that the top scorers from their preseason were mostly sent down all ready. Until Kessel shows up, I don't see many goal scorers on that team. Some of the Leaf fans I know seem to think that Komi will be lighting up the point.. ROFL

I still don't see who can put the puck in the net for the Leafs. Play a strong defense and it's just a matter of time before our lightning offense strikes!

Hagman, Grabs and Ponikarovsky are not completely useless... I think we've got em beat, but they can score.

Leaf fans have once again convinced themselves that they are going to the playoffs. What is funny is that the top scorers from their preseason were mostly sent down all ready. Until Kessel shows up, I don't see many goal scorers on that team. Some of the Leaf fans I know seem to think that Komi will be lighting up the point.. ROFL

That's funny considering my uncle has somehow decided that it is better to be a leafer at the moment because of the lack of pressure to make the playoffs. Has Komi been getting PP time for them? They don't have a ton of offense from their D...

Wooo game thread! 1st game of the season less than 8 hours away! cant wait :hockey:

wishing a great season to everybody at HabsWorld! :hlogo:

A long road trip to start the season. Maybe it is a good thing, the team will *bond* together and we'll have a captain for the first home game. :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll collapse and we'll have a new GM by home opener. :unsure:

Let's hope for the newcomers they all have at least ONE goal each before home opener. If not, they could find the pressure unbearable. :wacko:

Go Habs Go

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

I don't think the Leafies will be as bad as everyone o this board seems to think they'll be. they will battle for that 8th and final spot with the habs. We all know the Habs seem to have all the difficulties in the worl to beat the leafies...especially in Toronto. I'd be happy with a 3-2 win!

I expect the Habs to be battle for the 4-6 spot this year, no team has improved that greatly this year, most in the east have actually lost players.

Back on topic though..I predict a 4-1 score for the habs!

Edited by bar

If this was posted already, my apologies (I'm in a hurry, didn't have a chance to read the whole thing). Looking at the Tale of the Tape link in the first post, this caught my eye:

Toronto: 6'1, 202 lbs average

Montreal: 6'1, 206 lbs average

One team is 'full of giant behemoths' (Toronto) while the other has a 'plethora of smurfs' (Montreal). The art of researching before making statements in the media is a lost art nowadays...:)

Class ends at 6 for me today, I'll make it home just in time for puck drop!

isn't it funny how they got all that experience in the NHL when they can't hack it. You are going to look so silly when they prove you dead wrong.

It's an irrelavant arguement. Gionta and Gomez have both won the cup a few times, i don't think they have shrunk since then. Cammallari has increased his output each year since being in the league.

Pleks is the only other small guy.

They are bigger then the cup champion Penguins, #20 in size for the league, Pittsburgh and Tampa are smaller then the habs.

Remeber, if you ignore leaf posters they will go away. Only when you reinforce them will they keep coming around.

I do agree that the Leafs are much better then last year, and the Habs have a hard time matching there work ethic so time will tell what happens.

I am looking forward to the new team even if it takes a while to gel together. I am really interested to see how the young players respond, will they continue to suck, or step up with the new leadership.

I think only Lapiere moved forward last year. Lats was a wash due to injury.

If this was posted already, my apologies (I'm in a hurry, didn't have a chance to read the whole thing). Looking at the Tale of the Tape link in the first post, this caught my eye:

Toronto: 6'1, 202 lbs average

Montreal: 6'1, 206 lbs average

One team is 'full of giant behemoths' (Toronto) while the other has a 'plethora of smurfs' (Montreal). The art of researching before making statements in the media is a lost art nowadays...:)

Class ends at 6 for me today, I'll make it home just in time for puck drop!

Also from that, I saw that Montreal has one more Canadian and the Leafs have two more Europeans than the Habs (they have the same amount of Americans).

So the Leafs are smaller and more European than the Habs. I wonder if this will ever be realized by the MSM and the fanbases.

We can say what we want with stats. Ours are inflated with Gill, O'byrne and Laraque. Size of the heart matters more than height and weight !

Speed and execution are more important than size.

I think Gainey has assembled a really fast team.

It is up to Martin to inculcate a system and make the players execute.

We can say what we want with stats. Ours are inflated with Gill, O'byrne and Laraque. Size of the heart matters more than height and weight !

Speed and execution are more important than size.

I think Gainey has assembled a really fast team.

It is up to Martin to inculcate a system and make the players execute.

inculcate? you still reading that word of the day book? I don't think I have ever heard someone actually use inculcate in a sentence. :lol: correctly I mean.