Habs @ Maple Leafs | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 after 1

We still need a lot of work in our defensive zone coverage, still having tons of problems defending against the cycle and getting some speed from the transition.

For that reason, I'm not really sold on using Markov & Spacek together. I'd rather see Spacek on a 2nd pair with Gill for better puck movement.

Plex looked pretty good. Using his speed off the rush and making quick, smart, instinctive plays rather than overthinking. His confidence is coming back.

Komi's playing great, but why cheap shot Markov? Does he realize the guy practically made his career?

Oh, and Gionta taking the ceremonial faceoff says he'll likely be made Captain. That, plus his ownage.

Carey and Plex impressed me most that period. Plex is shooting, driving the net and skating like the wind. It's nice to see him play with some confidence.

Gomez seems disinterested tonight, hope that changes. Looking forward to Martin's adjustments.

Carey and Plex impressed me most that period. Plex is shooting, driving the net and skating like the wind. It's nice to see him play with some confidence.

Gomez seems disinterested tonight, hope that changes. Looking forward to Martin's adjustments.

I sure hope Plex gets a good wind in his sails this year. He is a terrific player when he's flying, and Price made some great stops.

Go Habs GO!

That was a good, not great, first period. For a road game, to be tied 1-1 after the first is fine. I liked some of the hustle and quick passes from most of the players. The speeds players used that asset against the Leafs at times, but Price does not look very sharp so far. It's only twenty minutes in to the game though.

I hope that Gill play is not an indication of what we'll see from the big guy this season. If it is, then the Habs "boo-birds" will be electing him their latest scapegoat soon.

Gill had lots of time, waited until he was caught.. needs to move the puck faster then that...

At least the boys are starting to pick up their play...