Habs vs. Avalanche | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fine example of not showing up for 1 period...and you lose the game! Simply unacceptable for the home opener!! Lazy!

Edited by Habsfan

that is the kind of goaltending we need... (and that kind of luck too)...

Unless we get better goaltending and a lot more scoring, I have a bad feeling we will be on the wrong side of a lot of close games.. we have not really dominated a single game... we won 2 OT games and lost everything else...

This team better start gelling or we will have to stop laughing at the leafs...

Positives guys, we knew it was gonna be rough at the start.

What have we learned so far?

- Keep the big three together

- Pac, AK and Plex are starting to come together (imo)

- need to work on getting the puck out of our end quicker and more efficently

- Shawn Belle did not look out of place

- We limited the odd man rushes, there wasn't many tonight that I can remember.

Edited by bar

Positives guys, we knew it was gonna be rough at the start.

What have we learned so far?

- Keep the big three together

- Pac, AK and Plex are starting to come together (imo)

- need to work on getting the puck out of our end quicker and more efficently

- Shawn Belle did not look out of place

I thought shawn belle looked very good he may turn out to be a keeper. we are missing Markov in ways that we cannot comprehend. the guys tried hard but it was a loss that should have been a win. 2 fluke goals by them shite reffing in the last 5 mins .

Had we won that game, we shouldve gotten 4 points, 2 for beating the opposition, 2 for beating the refs...that was downright awful refereeing

I hate to blame the ref's because it seems like such a cliche, but how can you not call the penalty on the av's 3rd goal and then call gill for a penalty???

The puck was still in their feet all he did was rub him out along the boards.

I don't know if my TV can survive this season.

The Avs sat back and did nothing in that game until they had an odd man rush or a defensive breakdown by the Habs.

They allowed the Habs to operate on the perimeter and try to hold the fort on the PK.

That game could not have gone any better for them. Two goals that bank in off the Habs and one monster defensive

breakdown where Price makes a huge save and Pacioretty is watching O'Reilly bang home his own rebound.

It drives me nuts that EVERY team in the league seems to be able to play a system and the Habs continue to be defensively

inept during the Gainey regime.

This team will not compete unless their goaltending is more than adequate.

I don't know if my TV can survive this season.

The Avs sat back and did nothing in that game until they had an odd man rush or a defensive breakdown by the Habs.

They allowed the Habs to operate on the perimeter and try to hold the fort on the PK.

That game could not have gone any better for them. Two goals that bank in off the Habs and one monster defensive

breakdown where Price makes a huge save and Pacioretty is watching O'Reilly bang home his own rebound.

It drives me nuts that EVERY team in the league seems to be able to play a system and the Habs continue to be defensively

inept during the Gainey regime.

This team will not compete unless their goaltending is more than adequate.

walmsley i usually agree with except about bob but I see no way you say Price did not play well tonite. those were fluke goals man.