FIFA 2004 for PS2

Fanpuck33_

I just bought a used copy of this game, but it didn't have the instruction manual with it. If anyone has played this game, I would appreciate it if you could give me some pointers on the controls. I have basic controls down, but I have no idea how to do good dekes, curve the ball, that kind of thing. Thanks for any help.

In my opinion you've made a misstake.

FIFA 2003 is better than 2004 but 2005 is the best soccer game ever. Pro Evolution Soccer included.

I don't play it on Playstation but on Xbox but I think you'll have to use the right analog stick to perform dekes. But remember not to sprint while doing this.

Curve the ball is not possible in the game. The only time when that is possible is when you have a free-kick.

I had the choice of 2004 2005, and Winning Eleven 7. I had played Winning Eleven 6, and like it, but both it and Fifa2005 were a bit more expensive, and because I don't like soccer enough to have the best game out there, I went with the cheapest of the three.

I didn't pick Winning Eleven 7 because I was pretty sure they didn't have th liscence to use actual teams from the English Premier League. I didn't pick Fifa2005 because I had experienced annoying bugs in a number of EA's 2005 titles, something I didn't want t put up with for a game I probably wouldn't absolutely love.

A big reason I got the game was to be fair to my roommate, who has spent hours playing NHL games against me, and I figured it was only fair he get a chance to beat me in his favorite sport. (Although despite my dominance over him in the regular season, he always knocks me out of the playoffs.)

[Edited on 3-20-05 by Fanpuck33]

Any reason why is good enough I suppose. But really, FIFA 2005 is the best soccer game EA came up with since 99.

And when playing with friends AI is not that important. Have fun with the game.

I'm getting the hang of the off the ball control, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to adjust the height of my shots. Many of them go sailing way over the goal. Seems like a realistic game, passing is the key, rather than individual feint moves. In fact, I don't think I've faked out a single defender yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Winning11 7 was the best football game I ever played. I gotta pick up #8.

EA's is great from the logo standpoint and they really improved the game play for 05. It's alot more difficult to score. I remember with 04 I was scoring 5-6 goals a game on All-Star. Totally not believable.