[Game Thread] New York Islanders @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lats should have 5 shots tonight.. he has zero.. i will give him the crossbar, but the rest were no where close. If he could learn to get it on net more he will start scoring, or at least creating rebound opportunities.

Did he change his stick or something?

I was thinking the same, looks like he uses a Sherwood with a Bondra curve on it ! :lol:

Plex is impressing the hell out of me this season :clap:

oh yeah he looks like he did year before last maybe he has quit playing like a girl and will be the real talent that he is. NO trades for now.

The Habs played with fire tonight, and they almost got burned! Great performance by Halak, and even though he didn't get any points, a second straight game by Latendresse where he worked hard all night. Too bad he hit the crossbar in the 2nd.

Almost everyone played a great game tonight, even though we needed OT to beat the Isles...doesn'T amtter, we got the 2 points and we are know 1 game over .500!

The next 2 games will be much tougher!!

oh yeah he looks like he did year before last maybe he has quit playing like a girl and will be the real talent that he is. NO trades for now.

Its a shame that AK took Pleks's Jill out of the dumpster and started wearing it...

The Habs played with fire tonight, and they almost got burned! Great performance by Halak, and even though he didn't get any points, a second straight game by Latendresse where he worked hard all night. Too bad he hit the crossbar in the 2nd.

Almost everyone played a great game tonight, even though we needed OT to beat the Isles...doesn'T amtter, we got the 2 points and we are know 1 game over .500!

The next 2 games will be much tougher!!

Actually, AK was brutally awful.. he was the end of every habs puck possession..

Lats worked hard, but he is a 3rd or 4th liner... I would take Moen over him any day...

I thought the team played well, but they were not as good as they have been. I think they played down to the Isles a bit, but hopefully they are flying a little harder on Wednesday.. the real test this week!

Oh.. and a big minus to whoever is handling line changes... :)

Only saw part of the game. Looked to me like a classic 'game-after-a-blowout.' Habs clearly had trouble getting up for this one and weren't at their best - BUT when they needed to turn it up, after the Isles' second goal, the top line and Pleks just dominated. That's how good teams beat crappy teams, sometimes.

That was a TRULY incredible play by Plekanec...not so much deking out half the team 4-on-4 as having the skill and cool head to finish the play with that spectacular saucer pass. It's the ability to deliver that 'extra' move that seals the deal that separates never-weres and third-liners from stars...which (gulp!) is frankly what Plekanec is looking like to me this season. ;)

One thing: Could someone please get Tender's shot on target? He's doing EVERYTHING right but hitting the net. (In some cases, he's even missing the boards behind.)

In other news: Les Soeurs Kostitsyn sont desastreuses.

It's funny but I didn't think we played that well tonight. I'll take the 2 points of course. Thank god for Halak. Maybe they were looking ahead to the Pittsburgh game.

Felt sorry for Spacek. He was having a great game until that goal that shouldn't have been. (Hard to understand why referees can't call a simple high stick making contact with the puck.)

Lats played his best game of the year, I felt.

Kostitsyn was terrible. I just don't know what's wrong with him. His confidence is down the toilet, that's for sure.

2nd game in a row where a terrific individual effort wins the game in overtime.

Like I said, I'll take the 2 points...

What a flat game. We made Biron look good with low percentage shots. We deserved most of those penalties, but man what a lot of non calls on identicle plays by the Isles. Lats and Chips both impressed with work ethic. Chipchura looked very good again tonight. I didn't keep track, but it sure looked like we were poor on the faceoff.

I am concerned that they may have been sick.

To the guys bitching about Begin... Metro is 10X the player that Begin is. Moen is 10X the grinder that Kostopolous is too.

If it weren't for Halak's play in the first, this would have been a loss for sure. In Jaques we trust!

This game should never have gone to ot. That was a blatant high stick by Streit. Furious was me.

Edited by BCHabnut

He's finding ways to get points with whoever is around him. 

I also liked how the Kid Line just picked up where it left off after being re-united. 

You know, all those lines changes are caused by Kosty alone. I'd lock him a video room, strap him to a chair with eyes forced opened Clockwork Orange style and show him non-stop clips of the best goals from Iginla, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Heatley, Hossa, Nash and Zetterberg; and not let him out until he has seen them all 12 times and has nothing else in his mind than visions of sniper wingers with a hunger to score. 

Not sure what Gil was suppose to do.. he was trying to bail out Gorges.. that was the extra guy and all Gil could do was to take a penalty there.

He has made a pile of very good plays tonight.. both taking guys out on the boards and breaking up passes with his long reach.. .

Probably Hill's best game this season. Looks as though he is getting more comfortable with his team mates -- and vice versa. Obviously, he does a lot of little things that please the coaches, because he gets a lot of ice time.

Surprised that Martin hasn't been asked by upper management to start Price ASAP.

That's bullshit. Nobody at the upper level will ask such a thing. What really matters is victory. Who gives a shit about who will be the goaltender? He could be a Chinese or a Somalian, I would not care, as long as he would find a way to stop the goddamned puck.

Me as well he has been without a shadow of a doubt the 4th best forward all season long and one of the best on many nights.

That said I hope they deal him before he slumps and shys away again.