[Game Thread] MONTREAL CANADIENS @ Toronto Maple Leafs

KoZed

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where wearing the barber pole jersey's tonight .........haven't won a game when we've worn them. And HNIC said Bob even "veto'd" them wearing them late in the year when we were fighting for points................

Keep playing "your" game Komi............a couple more penalties, heck score [another] goal on your own net :lol:

Edited by kenadian

Yeah.. cammy back on the top line.. I like that line together, even if it means that Pleks is alone on the 2nd line. If that line can bury some goals for us, the rest just need to hold the leafs in check.

LOL, I enjoyed that HNIC game panel.. they were laughing about the leafs though the whole thing..

If the Habs can just destroy these guys tonight, I think we will have the most favorable broadcast in years..(except for Cherry, he will talk about some other game if we are winning)

Surprised Halak gets the start...more proof that Martin has absolutely ZERO interest in pandering to him. I'm still finding the transition from the Gainey-led "rich game experience for Price" philosophy a bit of a shock.

Barberpole Habs jerseys - now THAT'S some scary Hallowe'en attire. WoooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo....

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Surprised Halak gets the start...more proof that Martin has absolutely ZERO interest in pandering to him. I'm still finding the transition from the Gainey-led "rich game experience for Price" philosophy a bit of a shock.

Barberpole Habs jerseys - now THAT'S some scary Hallowe'en attire. WoooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo....

Maybe if Price won last night he would be in but it is a back to back game and Halak has generally played better. I think this approach will ultimately be good for Price. I have no problem with them roughly splitting the games for a while.

I just hope the boys put up a better effort tonight then they did in Pitts or Chicago.. really.. there is no excuse for losing to the leafs.

LOL.... welcome back Komi.. I hope he spends the night in the box doing his usual dumb penalty routine.

Hal Gil is the biggest barbershop pole I have ever seen... lol.. horizontal stripes are not his best look!

AK is so frustrating.. holds onto he puck too long when a 4 foot pass puts on the forehand of a guy who can shootl... instead, he waits too long dicking with it then shoots it right into a guy for a turn over...

How do they get this guy to simplify his game? If he is in a shooting lane.. shoot.. if you have a pass.. pass.. instead, he does the opposite every time.

the leaf PP looks so much better then ours.. simple puck control.. nothing fancy.. creating chances..

why can't our guys get setup in the zone.. I know we are missing Markov, but that is no excuse for the constant bad passes and turnovers.

Positives... we are still tied. We got some chances and were not outplayed.

Negatives... we are not playing much better then the leafs.. definitely not showing our speed.. if not for some bailout saves from Halak we could easily be down 2 right now.

Cherry is a moron.. Lad left his feet on the hit.. he drove UP into Dags head.. those are not good hits, those guys know exactly what they are doing.

If you bend down and drive up, you are trying to injure.. if you lean forward into the hit, your shoulder drops and the guy is hit in the chest.. knocks the wind out of you, but you don't get killed.