MLB

Trizzak

Baseball! Any fans out there?

I follow the Jays, so it's looking like a fantastically average baseball year for me.

I realize the Expos are no more, and that alienates a few people on this board... but there must be some fans left out there. Who are you cheering for?

[Edited on 2005-5-16 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Trizzak

I realize the Expos are no more, and that alienates a few people on this board

That describes me perfectly. Although I was never a big expos or baseball fan to begin with.

I think you'll find 1-2 hardcore MLB fans here at most.

With the Expos gone humm, that's a good question. Dunno what is the closest MLB team from Montreal.

I like Philadelphia's team and I'd like to visit their new stadium.

They have a pretty good lineup this year. #3-4-5.. ouch!

SS Jimmy Rollins

CF Kenny Lofton

RF Bobby Abreu

LF Pat Burrell

1B Jim Thome

2B Chase Utley

3B David Bell

C Mike Lieberthal

St Louis has a pretty damn solid lineup as well. NY Mets has a great starters rotation

RH Pedro Martinez

LH Tom Glavine

RH Kris Benson

RH Victor Zambrano

LH Kazuhisa Ishii

hehe

But will be special this year, without Expos (even though they are gone since a long time. now it's official)

i am not generally interested in fantasy sports for the same reason im not into sports gambling - I dont necisarily like the players/teams that i think are good and i dont like rooting for guys I dont really want to perform.

That being said, I respect the skill that allows guys to make good picks, either in fantasy or gambling.

i guess i just have too big a list of players i wont root for... for me it goes something like this - i have nothing against hideki matsui, but if he does well then it helps the Yankees. So I dont want to root for him.

It had become a tradition with my family to go to Montreal twice a year, once for a Habs game, once for an Expos game.

This year I get neither. :(

Start going to Als games. Its a great experience, even if your not a fan of CFL football. Lots of people, good times. Or if not the Als then... the f1 race, the cart race, the tennis tourny, an Impact game.

Or one of the many summer festivals (jazz, comedy, etc) ...

Montreal is one of the best cities in the world to be in during the summer. The winter would suck completely if not for the habs ;) , although I am a winter person myself.

My point is... You have plenty of reasons to visit Montreal during the summer. Most people here never went to Expos games during the summer (obviously) but were always overloaded with other things to do.

[Edited on 2005-3-24 by puck7x]

Originally posted by puck7x

It had become a tradition with my family to go to Montreal twice a year, once for a Habs game, once for an Expos game.

This year I get neither. :(

Start going to Als games. Its a great experience, even if your not a fan of CFL football. Lots of people, good times. Or if not the Als then... the f1 race, the cart race, the tennis tourny, an Impact game.

Or one of the many summer festivals (jazz, comedy, etc) ...

Montreal is one of the best cities in the world to be in during the summer. The winter would suck completely if not for the habs ;) , although I am a winter person myself.

My point is... You have plenty of reasons to visit Montreal during the summer. Most people here never went to Expos games during the summer (obviously) but were always overloaded with other things to do.

[Edited on 2005-3-24 by puck7x]

Don't you've also the swimming world championships this year?

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Don't you've also the swimming world championships this year?

Yup... but just barely.

They were cancelled and then uncancelled. The problem was lack of sponsorship money I think.

I've also heard that the chief coordinator commited suicide because of that.

Yes he did, sad story.

So I guess your a swimming fan? Cant say that I am myself.

Originally posted by puck7x

I've also heard that the chief coordinator commited suicide because of that.

Yes he did, sad story.

So I guess your a swimming fan? Cant say that I am myself.

Hm more or less ... a friend is quite a good swimmer and he's always talking about it. Furthermore they've also some nice girls. :D

• 3 weeks later...