Chris Chelios

habs_25th

CKAC reports that BG is talking to Chris Chelios. I think he'd be a good addition in the locker room. Would love to see him retire in a Habs uniform.

CKAC is reporting that BG talked to Chelios' agent in the last month. This was probably at the same time as he was talking to Bergeron's agent. My guess is the spot he would have filled was filled by M.-A. B. Don't read too much into this.

I'm pretty sure if we signed him to even the league minimum, it would almost all come from the bonus cushion, unless Markov was finally put on LTIR... (Waits for caped cap-ologist Brian to parade in on his steed and save the day!)

I'm pretty sure if we signed him to even the league minimum, it would almost all come from the bonus cushion, unless Markov was finally put on LTIR... (Waits for caped cap-ologist Brian to parade in on his steed and save the day!)

I'm currently baffled as to how the Habs called White/Pyatt up today - either there's another move that hasn't been announced yet, or someone went on LTIR. Without running the numbers, I think it'd have to be either Markov or Gill (as long as he'll miss 10 games, he'll be eligible). My gut tells me Gill will be the surprising one that hits LTIR.

As for Chelios, you're right; right now, everything's coming from the bonus cushion (until now with these callups), is it worth giving Chelios $400,000 (roughly what'd be left on his deal by the time he signs) knowing that next year's cap will decrease by that same amount? Not sure I'd be up for that myself...

Utility d-man / d coach!

I thought this was a maybe back when he anounced he was coming back, who knows?

I can see it being a good move given our current state, but not sure of who's spot he takes down the stretch.

if injuries keep happening, knock on wood, that may not be an issue.

I for one will welcome him home with open arms. Savard who we got for him finished his career standing behind the bench in a cup victory. Could very well see him in the same roll.

He is an all-time great, roll of fame bound player. We need that sort of winning attitude around this team!

Chris Chelios was 5 years old last time the Leafs won the Stanley Cup.

That's how old Chris is...

BOOYA! That was funny!!