Latendresse traded for Benoit Pouliot

huzer

And now the talk of Plex and UFA will become sharper. If Pouliot does anything uesful at all, one would have to think that, with the cap situation as it is, and with Montreal where they are under the cap, Bob may use Pouliot as his reason for allowing Plexyglass to walk.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now the talk of Plex and UFA will become sharper. If Pouliot does anything uesful at all, one would have to think that, with the cap situation as it is, and with Montreal where they are under the cap, Bob may use Pouliot as his reason for allowing Plexyglass to walk.

If we ever lose Pleks, I'm gonna lose it

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/286780.html

If it's for real, that came outta nowhere!

I'm pretty sure it's a frikkin steal. Pouliot's talent level is stories above Latendresse. If Latendresse develops a mean streak and Pouliot shows no willingness to play, then it's the only way we'll be a loser... otherwise, pure talent wise, we raped them.

Tony Marinara (sic) called that Latendresse was on the market 3-4 weeks ago.

Anyone else believe Latendresse will finish the year with his best stats total yet?

LOL

Ribeiro syndrome

Regarding Pouliot, he won't likely play this week as he is injured.

I'm pretty sure it's a frikkin steal. Pouliot's talent level is stories above Latendresse. If Latendresse develops a mean streak and Pouliot shows no willingness to play, then it's the only way we'll be a loser... otherwise, pure talent wise, we raped them.

Tony Marinara (sic) called that Latendresse was on the market 3-4 weeks ago.

Yup

According to Renaud Lavoie, the negociations with the Wild started 3 weeks ago.

Anyone else believe Latendresse will finish the year with his best stats total yet?

Not me...

Lats upside was to be a big power forward. slow, but going to the net, tough in the corners, make room for his linemates. Unfortunately, that was all based on his size, not his game. I think it became clear to Gainey that he was never going to fill that role. He is too slow to be a north south winger with speed. Therefore, Lats was destined to be a 3rd liner with occasional PP time to clean up the garbage goals.

At least with Pouliet, he has the potential to turn into a real 2nd liner. He has speed, which is not something you can teach. Lats could not keep up with Pleks or Gomez, Pouliet can. (note that Lats did best with Koivu, because Koivu was getting slow too, but could control the puck long enough to feed Lats when he eventually caught up....)

Anyway, time will tell if this works out or not, but Lats was always massively overrated. Not much to lose, imo.

Yeah I can see it now.

I'll show them, how do I put up better numbers? I've got it. I'll park my big ass in front of the net.

Here in Montreal, we get a steady dose of Pierre McGuire on local radio. For those that didn't hear, McGuire basically trashed Pouliot. He even suggested that during the summer, when he was in heavy talks with the Wild about the GM position, that the first move he'd make was unload Pouliot as soon as possible. To further make his point, he would have targeted Montreal as a spot to trade Pouliot. He doesn't think Pouliot has much of a future and won't make an impact.

I am shocked he did not get the job. A hockey mind as great as Pierre McGuire should not be forced to waste away as a colour guy for tsn. After all he did commend Brian Burke for the way he "rebuilt" the leafs.

I'm amazed teams aren't lining up to hire him as a GM, or at the very least Special Adviser.

Here in Montreal, we get a steady dose of Pierre McGuire on local radio. For those that didn't hear, McGuire basically trashed Pouliot. He even suggested that during the summer, when he was in heavy talks with the Wild about the GM position, that the first move he'd make was unload Pouliot as soon as possible. To further make his point, he would have targeted Montreal as a spot to trade Pouliot. He doesn't think Pouliot has much of a future and won't make an impact.

Montreal members, be careful when walking near tall buildings for the next few days, Not only for concrete, but for RDS personnel as well. They will be devastated.

I think it’s a great trade for both players so I’m jumping off the ‘fire Gainey bandwagon’ for now. I believe Pouliot is a third line centre at best and has all the talent to be a second line winger if given the time. He has speed and plays a crash and bang type of game. Remember, McGuire hasn’t had a real job 3-5 years and is only a step above The famous Mike Milbury.

Latendresse get another opportunity to be a NHL player without the press telling him how great he is. I’m guessing that $2 million Gainey offered him in the summer, looks pretty good right now.

Now if Gainey would only offer St.Louis the K-bros, Plex, and Stewart for Backes, Berglund and Junlund he would solve the Financial problem and the big second line centre in one shot.

Can’t believe the one day I go for 4 hour infusion Gainey makes a move and I’m last to know.

Gainey is gambling and might just win this one. And I don't mean the trade itself. Even if Latendresse does go on the rise long term, at the end of the day it's still an even trade. And yeah, he's Franco-Ontarian so he ought to be pumped about playing. We might be surprised.

We'll see. I thought that when Brule was acquired by the Oilers that it might have meant an upsurge for him. Now I'm wondering about Pouliot. I hope 2 AC points are worth a charm :)

Right now he's 3rd line scratch material/fodder. But maybe the Bell Centre faithful will help :clap:

Good enough BOb! :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Guy is a good guy

I think he got confused for many reasons:

- as 19, the Montreal medias labeled him as the Quebecois savior; too much pressure for a 19 y/o

- then, for 2 seasons, he heard everything: he should hit more; no, he is not a PF, he has great hands and should shoot more; no, he should skate harder; headaches.............

- I'm pretty sure Guy was fed up and wanted to be traded anyway, since he hasn't followed Martin's advice (parque ton char devant le filet)

I watched Pouliot play in Sudbury. He was a great talent, but lazy. He's got a load of talent though, so we'll see where this takes us.

What the **** do I do with my $250 Latendresse jersey now?

You paid for a Latendresse jersey?

Gui was rushed and as a result was ruined IMO. Maybe he can have some luck in Minny. Good luck to him.

Exactly what I previously posted

I am shocked he did not get the job. A hockey mind as great as Pierre McGuire should not be forced to waste away as a colour guy for tsn. After all he did commend Brian Burke for the way he "rebuilt" the leafs.

I'm amazed teams aren't lining up to hire him as a GM, or at the very least Special Adviser.

Who doesn't get a steady dose of Pierre McGuire???? One thing I have noticed is ever since he left Mtl he has a hardon for the Habs. To me it sounds personal on some level. Can't believe an NHL team would be ######ed enough to hire him.

I watched Pouliot play in Sudbury. He was a great talent, but lazy. He's got a load of talent though, so we'll see where this takes us.

What the **** do I do with my $250 Latendresse jersey now?

I was in the same boat a few years back with a Theodore jersey, so this season I decided with the cap shrinking (possibly) and Gainey allowing 10-13 guys to walk away I would be safer to go with a classic and I bought a 1915 (CA jersey) with #9 and "Richard" on it ;)

Edited by Habitforming

hahaha, thats funny. McGuire basically says the same thing with Lats always going on aboot Lats and how the Habs ruined him

Everyone wants a big centre... 6'3 and good hands should be a good start.

He's under 200 lbs. Pouliot weighs 1 lbs more than 5'7" MAB ffs. Theres no way in hell Pouliot is "big".

Great, now the Habs are down to 1 foward who is 6'2" 215 lbs +. Does everybody still think focusing on drafting large guys is dumb?

hahaha, thats funny. McGuire basically says the same thing with Lats always going on aboot Lats and how the Habs ruined him

He's under 200 lbs. Pouliot weighs 1 lbs more than 5'7" MAB ffs. Theres no way in hell Pouliot is "big".

Great, now the Habs are down to 1 foward who is 6'2" 215 lbs +. Does everybody still think focusing on drafting large guys is dumb?

:clap: Yes I still think so !