Latendresse traded for Benoit Pouliot

huzer

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On l'Antichambre they just mentioned something interesting: this summer, Latendresse would have had the right to file for arbitration while Pouliot wont.

Most likely factored into the decision as well. Then again, Lats was struggling big time, which means an arbitrator would have had trouble awarding any kind of big money.

One of the issues I have with Martin is his trust in Bergeron. The guy should be dressed as a seventh defencemen, used primarily on the PP and NEVER be on the ice in a close game or near the end of the game.

You could say the same about Phaneuf in Calgary.

You still think the same about Bergeron?

You still think the same about Bergeron?

Personally, I tend to base opinion on trend than exception...

Bergeron had a great game, but has had weeks of crap games. If he strings together more games like this and starts a new trend, then I would change my opinion on him.

Right now, he's first to be dropped when all defencemen are healthy, in my opinion.

Most likely factored into the decision as well. Then again, Lats was struggling big time, which means an arbitrator would have had trouble awarding any kind of big money.

But they look at stats first and foremost. Would have Lats came to the table and show his goals scored with about zero PP or top line ice-time, he surely would have got a boost.

Pouliot, in the meantime, is on a 1st-rounder contract that's likely to get downgraded; like Chipchura got last summer. UNLESS Pouliot suddenly breakout this season.

wow, well the changed Habs keep on changing, that's ok with me I still don't feel a connection with our guys might as well shake it up some more and hope for the best!

Funny you say that. Watching the Habs against the BJ's (easy joke, shame on me) gave me the feeling that I was watching some preseason game. None of the big names, a ton of AHLers. I too have yet to connect with this team. Something's missing. Or maybe I should say: they still haven't won me over. The team's too bland right now...

Bob will never be a real genius in my books. Not until he can create this:

Kelly-LeBrock-Photograph-C12121407.jpeg.

... wearing a bra on his head. Yes.

Looks great, but eventually it turns to.... well, look her up now. :blink: :puke:

IN case nobody noticed, Gui has 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games with minny! It only took him 24 games to get the same amount of points in Montreal...then again, he was playing 10 minutes per game here, and he's playing 15+ minutes per game in Minny!

This is probably just due to the adrenaline of playing for a new team...but I sure hope it isn't a sign of things to come!

IN case nobody noticed, Gui has 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games with minny! It only took him 24 games to get the same amount of points in Montreal...then again, he was playing 10 minutes per game here, and he's playing 15+ minutes per game in Minny!

This is probably just due to the adrenaline of playing for a new team...but I sure hope it isn't a sign of things to come!

Hey we all knew he could do it. He just never did it here. I hope he succeeds. I really liked him and was sorry to see him go. He always had a great atitude. just never lived up to potential

Hey we all knew he could do it. He just never did it here. I hope he succeeds. I really liked him and was sorry to see him go. He always had a great atitude. just never lived up to potential

You must be joking, unless you think lazy is a great attitude. :lol:

Gui's time with the Habs can be summed up in 1 word: lazy

Not sure why I seem to be the only 1 who noticed, but I guess everybody was to busy cheering on Gui's hits. Most of Gui's hits were the absolute most laziest thing he could possibly do.

ex: the other teams dman is behind his own net with the puck and dishes off a break out pass and the puck is heading for the Habs end.

What should a Habs forward do?

A) skate as fast as they can and get back to his own end and help back check

or

B) skate the opposite way the puck is going and make a late hit behind the other teams net

Gui would pick B every time, because he's too lazy to skate 140 feet back to his own end when he could skate 20-30 feet and make a pointless late hit that would make the fans cheer for him. :rolleyes:

Almost every hit Gui has ever done is because it took the least amount of effort. Skate back hard and help backcheck, or meander over to a guy who had the puck a few seconds ago and make a late hit. Thats Gui in a nutshell always following the path of least effort.

And Saku was following him with his legendary move...it didn't work, but so fun to watch.

For Latendresse, if Minnesota was necessary to give him balls then good for him.

A guy that listen to Ginette Reno on his I POd before a game is not what a call

a real men.

Maybe rednecks will turn him out of his metro style, phony and girlishious to a men playing hockey.