Habs vs. Blue Jackets | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I wan't MAB signed for longer. I just do. Not because of tonight only. I can live with his high risk chances.

I'm going to sing the happy l'il habby song... :hockey:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Lapierre got the message following the Latendresse trade?

He was more intense tonight

Looks like it. Happy to see it, he was withering this season.

Ok guys

What do we do to Habs Rule if we don't win ?

I say we take RDS and CBC off of his cable/satellite service

He has to have the Pansy Leaf as his avatar for a week.

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

ha ha ha ha :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: I TOLD YOU SO :lol: :lol:

Lapierre and Sergei K were on a same line with Dago back in Hamilton in 07-08, and they were making a killing. Carbo never stuck them together long enough in the NHL. I sure hope Martin does it. They just work well together.

Do you think Lapierre got the message following the Latendresse trade?

He was more intense tonight

He was, but noticed that his line wasnt doing anything until Sergei K replaced Pyatt. No offense to Pyatt, but he has zero offensive acumen compared to Lil ####.

Wow, what a 3rd period. The Habs were finally skating and took it to the Jackets. Thru the 1st 30 mintues, they looked horrible and a step behind the play. Have to thank Price for keeping the Habs in this one.

Max Pac looked great in the 3rd with his speed.

And Sergie K got his 1st point of the season. Only played 9 minutes, but looked good as the game went on. Nice to see JM trust SK out late in the game. His skill level is evident and im hoping he keeps it up.

Ok guys

What do we do to Habs Rule if we don't win ?

I say we take RDS and CBC off of his cable/satellite service

He has to have the Pansy Leaf as his avatar for a week.

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

ha ha ha ha :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: I TOLD YOU SO :lol: :lol:

:clap:^_^

He was, but noticed that his line wasnt doing anything until Sergei K replaced Pyatt. No offense to Pyatt, but he has zero offensive acumen compared to Lil ####.

SK is clearly an upgrade over Pyatt

It sure would be nice if this was the beginning of lil titsys growing up and being a real hockey pro and sparking ak 46 as well. Maybe he could be a real habs. That would be great for the team. I think Bob keeps him up for another game.

Wow, what a 3rd period. The Habs were finally skating and took it to the Jackets. Thru the 1st 30 mintues, they looked horrible and a step behind the play. Have to thank Price for keeping the Habs in this one.

Gotta give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar: Price has been solid every game since the Nashville one. If he doesnt make all those saves to keep the team in the game in the late 1st and 2nd, this is a blowout loss.

TSN turning point: Price makes a save that Gord Miller freaked out over, and right after that, Carey got pissed and slammed his stick on the ice, then against the post. Cue the Habs waking up and then taking over. Price did his part to keep them in it, then got furious when they didn't do their part. They did, we win.

Price was a highlight reel on his own tonight.

Thought Laps looked great, particularly in the third, and I was pleased to see Sergei improving shift to shift. Great TEAM effort in the second half of the game to pull this one back.

Montreal Canadiens are, for today anyhow, a game over .500. With half the Hamilton Bulldogs playing.

Fun stat: now MAB has has many goals as Kostitsyn, Pacioretty, Dagostini and Chipchura put together! :o

And gotta give props where they're due. While I think Price should have been named the real Monster, MAB had himself his best game with the Habs by a country mile. He made, in general, much better decisions all night.

Fun stat: now MAB has has many goals as Kostitsyn, Pacioretty, Dagostini and Chipchura put together! :o

edit: ... and as many pts as Gomez, in 5 less games, for 1/10th of the salary! :P

or more goals than Scott Gomez and A.K. combined with 1/3 Games played

Anyone else lamenting our horrid developmental system of the past number of seasons with the Epic Fail of a large number of highly touted kids? Boucher steps in and every kid sent up this year, with the exception of Stewart, perhaps, has stepped in and hasn't looked out of place. I think collectively many of us have identified this as the weak point in Bob's tenure, but to me the point gets hammered home game to game now.

I'm looking forward to what Boucher can do with our defenders who have great expectations. Along with all the newly arrived kids that didn't have to lose developmental time in the previous regime.

And gotta give props where they're due. While I think Price should have been named the real Monster, MAB had himself his best game with the Habs by a country mile. He made, in general, much better decisions all night.

Like I said when we signed him: just his shot alone makes him valuable on a team depleted of offense, especially from the backend.

Once (if) we ever have a completely healthy blueline, I'd give him a RW job anytime. That shot is too good to be left in the stands.

Ok, all the fun with stats we're having, let's sign Plex and MAB during the season!! Instead if paying top dollar during the summer.

Edited by Habsy

Anyone else lamenting our horrid developmental system of the past number of seasons with the Epic Fail of a large number of highly touted kids? Boucher steps in and every kid sent up this year, with the exception of Stewart, perhaps, has stepped in and hasn't looked out of place. I think collectively many of us have identified this as the weak point in Bob's tenure, but to me the point gets hammered home game to game now.

I'm looking forward to what Boucher can do with our defenders who have great expectations. Along with all the newly arrived kids that didn't have to lose developmental time in the previous regime.

For those who've seen what Boucher did with the Volts in the Q last season, it's not too surprising. If there's any real genius in the organization, I'd put my money on Guy "The Brain" Boucher and his two Bachelor degrees and his Masters degree. Look at the paths and speed his players uses to move around the ice, it's something else.

For those who've seen what Boucher did with the Volts in the Q last season, it's not too surprising. If there's any real genius in the organization, I'd put my money on Guy "The Brain" Boucher and his two Bachelor degrees and his Masters degree. Look at the paths and speed his players uses to move around the ice, it's something else.

I think that's key. Positional play. Everyone is where they should be. And of course, speed burns, and speed applied in a useful manner is deadly.