David Desharnais called up

simonus

Wow. This is getting crazy. talk about bad luck.

Probably AK is out. He was hit late in the game yesterday. Don't remember if it was an ankle...

Anyhow, Desharnais had two assists on the Bulldogs two goals last night. Subban was 1-1; he is the next to be called up if necessary. :blink:

According to RDS, AK was walking with "des béquilles". How do you call that in English?

Looks like a bad injury, just as he was showing real improvement. Bad luck, really.

Crutches.

Jezus fvc.king christ of Latterday saints!!! When will the injury bug leave our boys alone? This is getting to be ridiculous. We'll soon be calling them the Montreal Bulldogs!

Jezus fvc.king christ of Latterday saints!!! When will the injury bug leave our boys alone? This is getting to be ridiculous. We'll soon be calling them the Montreal Bulldogs!

Hold on

Montreal Bulldogs sounds better than Montreal Canadiens

And scarier...

Please don't ban me :unsure:

I think there is an iron law that says that whenever a struggling player finds his game, he is destined to get hurt. See O'Byrne, Ryan. Maxime Lapierre is next. You heard it here first! :angry:

I think there is an iron law that says that whenever a struggling player finds his game, he is destined to get hurt. See O'Byrne, Ryan. Maxime Lapierre is next. You heard it here first! :angry:

I am excited by Desharnais' recall. I know that he is small, but I think he has true potential. Hopefully, AK won't be sidelined too long.

He may not be fresh as a daisy, seems the team was concerned about holiday travel in the USA, so they hired a limo to get him to Pittsburgh. I've done that drive, not exactly exciting. Hopefully the adrenaline, and the thought of a nice, big league paycheck before chritmas will help. Actually, that does help alot of the young guys on two-way contracts.

He may not be fresh as a daisy, seems the team was concerned about holiday travel in the USA, so they hired a limo to get him to Pittsburgh. I've done that drive, not exactly exciting. Hopefully the adrenaline, and the thought of a nice, big league paycheck before chritmas will help. Actually, that does help alot of the young guys on two-way contracts.

In a limo. Who knows, maybe he has splept a little bit.

Betcha the crutches were a diversion. AK got slashed hard on the hands late in the 3rd last night by Vermette and went straight to the dressing room. His hands are probably too swollen to tell if there's a fracture or what, but it looked real bad.

Desharnais getting a call-up is keeping with the team's philosophy of giving a chance to those who showed up in training camp.

We'll soon be calling them the Montreal Bulldogs!

That happened two years ago with Hamilton as well. Between injuries and call-ups, we had half of the Cincinnati Cyclones called up and we were calling the team the Hamilton Clonedogs! :lol:

I feel like I'm hearing Michel Bergeron right now. He said the exact same thing last night on RDS. :P

Betcha the crutches were a diversion. AK got slashed hard on the hands late in the 3rd last night by Vermette and went straight to the dressing room. His hands are probably too swollen to tell if there's a fracture or what, but it looked real bad.

I can't see that being the case. Akost played a shift or two after the slash and took at least one shot that I can recall. Reports are he got hit by a shot from Tyutin in the final minutes.

I feel like I'm hearing Michel Bergeron right now. He said the exact same thing last night on RDS. :P

Really?? wierd, ok, tried to add something to the discussion, failed. Don't listen to RDS much.