Habs vs leaf

JLP

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No intensity....the forwards are roaming away from the D zone forcing the D men to try to long pass which is easily picked off.

Also WTF is our D waiting for the perfect shot? Get it on the net...god!!!!

Oh well. On the bright side it took until December 1st before the the Leaf fans at work and amongst our friends could have a laugh and a roast. It happens every year at sometime.

Good point. If I were more magnanimous, I'd be happier, but I seem content with my shallow horizons. :blink:

Gomezs contract keeps looking worse and worse, I felt it was ok if he didn't score at least he was being involved in the game..he is invisible.

We got friggin shutout by a AHL backup goalie...our PP is terrible..our D are so scared when they have the puck...so many things didn't happen tonight..

Edited by bar

It's time for Jacques Martin to be like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

583119.1.jpg

Private Pyle has dishonored himself and dishonored the platoon! I have tried to help him, but I have failed! I have failed because you have not helped me! You people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever Private Pyle screws up, I will not punish him, I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies, you owe me for one jelly doughnut! Now, get on your faces!

Open your mouth! They're paying for it, you eat it!

Ready . . . exercise!

One, two, three, four! I love the Habs Corps! One, two, three, four! I love the Habs Corps!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

shut out by the leafs, WTF, Pathetic!!

considering this is probably the easiest game the habs had in their december schedule, this doesn't look good - 2 gimme points given away with a terrible effort.

If SK74 took the penalties that MaxPax did tonight, would he be heading back to Hamilton??? I still think that despite the skill and speed and effort MaxPax normally shows he could still benefit getting confidence potting some goals on a consistent basis in the AHL.

Can Gomez hit the net with any consistency??? - he deosn't drive to it and can't seem to hit the net either.

Can we PLEASE scrap all centennial celebrations PLEASE!!!!

It does no good to say oh well next game. The team cannot just throw away points like these, they aren't getting better on the PP, the D on some nights regress, and if the leafs can formulate a plan against the habs ANY team can just follow the blue print. Two forecheckers, clog the middle, long passes cause our D is old and not mobile.

Can't pin the blame on anyone for that stinker...

However, one guy who stood out to me as needing a seat in the press box was Josh Gorges. Man was he terrible. I for one would not be opposed to sitting him down for a game if Hal Gill is ready to come back on Thursday.

######in' Pathetic! Like the goalie in Slapshot would say...I feel shame!

watching that game, you'd swear that it was the Habs who played last night and not the leafies!

I think what disappoints me the most about this game is that the energy line brought no energy. Yes, nobody scored either, but I thought the lack of energy was the main downfall.

When was the last time somebody fought?

And he STILL hasn't scored a single damned goal!

blah blah blah...

Price is playing terrible with the puck.. period... it is have been the last 4 games and it has to stop as it is becoming a bad habit...

You know not every crit of a player is blaming them for the loss... but I guess I can't comment on anyone's play.. I can just be a blind fan.. here goes...

Price is awesome.. he never makes a mistake.. there is not a single thing he could improve on..

I love that gomez too.. he looks awesome despite his size..

Wow.. is that Bergeron amazing on D.. who needs markov...

I sure love the way Spacek shoots from the point.. it allows our forwards to go hard to the net without worrying about getting hit by the puck...

Stanley cup... here we come....

Is that better? Or perhaps.. can we discuss what our better players need to improve on, since this year is nothing but a development year at the moment....

Can't pin the blame on anyone for that stinker...

However, one guy who stood out to me as needing a seat in the press box was Josh Gorges. Man was he terrible. I for one would not be opposed to sitting him down for a game if Hal Gill is ready to come back on Thursday.

You can pin this one on just about every player in red tonight... I thought the stick boy had a strong game, but other then that... lol

I think what disappoints me the most about this game is that the energy line brought no energy. Yes, nobody scored either, but I thought the lack of energy was the main downfall.

When was the last time somebody fought?

Who are they going to fight.. Colton Orr is now a sniper, he won't want to get hurt fighting... ROFL...

A definite lack of passion tonight.

What is the surprise in this game?

Nashville fall behind 2-0

Carolina trail 2-1

Detroit trail 2-0

Columbus trail 2-1

Pittsburgh trail 3-0

Washington trail 2-0

6 of their last 7 games they have had to rally from behind and have been outshot 275 - 193.

They have been disguising it by fantastic goaltending, rallying from behind and never quit attitude.

This team is beginning to remind me of the 2002-2004 Habs. THAT, is not a good thing.

1. The only player to me who showed any kind of energy tonight was MaxPax, and he showed too much.
  2. I'm finding Moen and Metro ever more frustrating as they can't handle a pass, can't pass the puck accurately, and repeatedly take the air out of any Canaidens pressure.
  3. Time to sit Carey. He played well enough overall, but the second goal should have been a gimme.
  4. I hate it when guys who get injured when the team is sucking come back when the team is doing well, they inevitably cause a hitch. D'Ago and Gomez weren't on the same page. One at a time, please!
  5. Hamr and Spacek look dog tired. So do Plex and Cammi.
  6. When the Habs went down by two, I was counting the moments until the timeout. Never happened...
  7. I'm not sure Chipper can recover from tonight. I want to think this is it - especially if Pouliot makes his grand entrance.
  8. This team performance was as bad as any of the blowouts. There was zero energy by and large. We cannot win with zero energy, we don't have the talent.
  9. Molson Canadian 67? 67?? Really? Could add one more freakin calorie? How can the owners of the Canadiens make a beer that celebrates the Leafs last Cup win?
  10. After one game, I prefer the Gillett tenure to the newest Molson venture.
Edited by Colin

Gee, it was only one game ago that everyone was talking about this plucky, never-say-die bunch that was buying into Martin's system and forging an identity in front of a blossoming young goalie :rolleyes:

I propose re-naming this site to BI-POLARWORLD. :hlogo:

Gee, it was only one game ago that everyone was talking about this plucky, never-say-die bunch that was buying into Martin's system and forging an identity in front of a blossoming young goalie :rolleyes:

I propose re-naming this site to BI-POLARWORLD. :hlogo:

:clap: The post of the night!!

Bu-bye Chips. Is there no one on this team that can shoot from the point? Or stand in front of the net? They need another defenceman to eat some minutes. Can we get Boullion back? As least he could carry the puck over the centre ice line plus the occasional body check.