Chipchura traded to Anaheim

lazy26

I am also guessing this isn't the last guy heading out. There are several D men who aren't doing anything, they can be moved. Lapierre, he may be next. He had no PK time last night, not even 10 minutes of ice time i believe.

*lol* ... this team is just a mess.

How should a team work when every week someone is traded, demoted, promoted, etc. I know there are injuries to deal with but no other team is changing the line-up that much ... I don't see how someone should get chemistry on this team.

:wacko::blink::unsure::huh:

I am also guessing this isn't the last guy heading out. There are several D men who aren't doing anything, they can be moved. Lapierre, he may be next. He had no PK time last night, not even 10 minutes of ice time i believe.

I really hope your wrong there. I love Lapierre's game and when he's on I want him doing that on my team not against them.

Really? Lapierre's game? What game is that? he doesn't hit, he doesn't score, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't fight, He isn't a shut down guy. He is good at talking, He does have good speed, there is no reason he shouldn't play like Amstrong in Atlanta. Until that happens, i beleive he is the #12 forward.

Bomb the ice, i wouldn't be so worried about the turnover, They lost Lats and Chipchura. combined i beleive they were minus 15 and had like 5 points or something. I'm not sure what the loss is.

Like it or not, Martin is finding out who can play and who can't. I believe the message is produce or you won't be around. I'm ok with that message.

Bomb the ice, i wouldn't be so worried about the turnover, They lost Lats and Chipchura. combined i beleive they were minus 15 and had like 5 points or something. I'm not sure what the loss is.

Like it or not, Martin is finding out who can play and who can't. I believe the message is produce or you won't be around. I'm ok with that message.

It wasn't regarding losing Chipchura, just saying in general that this team has no direction at all - that's how it seems to me. That might be minor moves but it sure doesn't help finding some chemistry on this team.

Edited by bombTHEice

I like that message too, especially when it is targeted at 3rd and 4th line players who are vastly under producing. In last night's game, Chipchura was a -2, and I remember he was directly responsible for coughing up the puck in his own end, which lead to a goal against. He was skating along the boards in his own zone, and was forechecked by a Leaf forward, which lead to the turnover and eventual goal. I believe that his lack of speed, and apparently his hockey sense too, are not up to snuff at the NHL level. He was a good junior and an ok-AHL level player, but he's had a long enough time in this organization, and I'll be glad when this trade becomes official.

With trading Latendresse and Chipchura, Gainey will have moved the slowest two players on his team's roster at the start of this season. It's arguable that the two of them are the slowest players in the NHL for that matter.

Article

Habs deal Chipchura to Ducks for pick

Published December 2, 2009 ... The Anaheim Ducks have acquired centre Kyle Chipchura from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a conditional fourth-round selection in the 2011 Entry Draft. Chipchura, Montreal's first-round pick in the 2004 Entry Draft, No. 18, had appeared in 19 games for the Canadiens this season and was pointless. He had 16 penalty minutes and was minus-10. He debuted with the Canadiens in 2007 ... READ STORY ›

That's the NHL.com site.

Looks like this trade has still yet to be confirmed by the team, but was reported by CJAD.

It looks like TSN is now reporting this trade too, which hopefully means that it's official or close enough to it. Good riddance Kyle!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300758

It's disappointing cashing a 1st round pick into a 4th rounder but Chipchura didn't have a future with the team because of his speed. It's too bad he was never given a chance to really prove himself at the NHL level without the stress of losing his roster spot but, ah well, he was outperformed by younger (and older) players.

I actually think they have a direction, Bg made a point that the Bulldogs are now on the same exact page as the big club. You can argue Martin's direction, but this is now a systems team built on speed, apparant skill, young talent. I think Martin believes he needs 2 top scoring lines, a shut down line and a line that can do little of everything. They aren't there yet.

They have also lost there best players for long stretches.

They have a few players who you can move for additional picks and young talent, i don't think it's that bad.

Watching them play most nights is painfull, i certainly agree. By the end of this year the team will be younger, better and more consistant.

Really? Lapierre's game? What game is that? he doesn't hit, he doesn't score, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't fight, He isn't a shut down guy. He is good at talking, He does have good speed, there is no reason he shouldn't play like Amstrong in Atlanta. Until that happens, i beleive he is the #12 forward.

I thought the "when he's on" line cleared up any confusion to what you see on the ice at the moment

Chipchura traded

Traded for a 4th round draft pick. I think we all saw this coming.

To say that I"m not happy would be an understatement. I had high hopes for him, having followed him in Hamilton, when he was a big part of the Championship team. But what matters is how he contributed to our beloved Canadiens. He did not prove him self in the capacity that we required. So, although I am sad to see him leave; I wish him well and hope that the HABS can turn that fourth round pick into a keeper!

GO HABS GO!

:( I really had hope for this guy, but some WJC guys just don't pan out... He was passed by White and Pyatt and we've given him enough chances.

Better luck in Anaheim, Kyle!

The guy must have been damaged goods as a result of that catastrophic injury. But I never saw anything other than brief flashes out of him and never understood all the hype. He looks like the quintessential marginal NHLer. He's been "knocking on the door" for about five years now. Give me a break.

I agree with the general sentiment here: this is about Martin and his vision for the team. OK by me.

He was either too slow or too weak to be an effective NHL checker. I think he never bulked up with hopes that his skating would improve... I think he could've worked out if he had bulked up instead of focusing entirely on trying to improve his stride.

When Lats was traded, Chips was on bought time. He wasnt bringing anything anyway. Martin loves his Pyatts and Whites. Fast little players who are strong on the puck. Seems like Martin is trying to find the next Mike Fisher in them.

Goodbye Chips! Good luck in Anaheim. I was never a big Chipchura fan, but it is always sad to see a 1st round pick get traded.

I'm actually Surprised Bob managed to get a 4th round pick for Chipchura. I wouldn't have given him a bag of pucks!

Edited by Habsfan

That Chips was a bad pick was pretty obvious on his draft day... I guess a 4th round pick isn't the worst thing in the world to get for him at this late date. This doesn't make one too confident in the management...

That Chips was a bad pick was pretty obvious on his draft day... I guess a 4th round pick isn't the worst thing in the world to get for him at this late date. This doesn't make one too confident in the management...

2004 wasn't the strongest of drafts. There were some good options available for the Habs, but a lot of ones that were just as bad as Chips. For some reason, scouts loved Chips that year even though he didn't have a hugely attractive skill set (he lacked skating and was pretty average offensively).

I've heard a lot of people say this is a bad move, and that he'll be a great player, but their sole argument is "He was Canada's captain at the U20s."

Let's look at some other players who excelled with Canada there.

-Brandon Reid

-Jaime Lundmark

-Jaime Lundmark

-Maxime Ouellet

-Jared Aulin

-Brian Sutherby

-P-A Parenteau

-Carlo Colaiacavo

-Anthony Stewart

-Jeff Tambellini

Even on the dream team, remember Jeff Glass? Not to mention others tha would come after, like Pogge.

I think the rule changes that stress stronger skating and general skillset really hurt Kyle. He would have been more effective in the old NHL, and was drafted for it. Oh well, it was time to go - good luck to him......