HWL Looking For More GMs!

BTH

I am interested in joining the league! Can someone post the rules or the url for the rules? Also, could I see the rosters of the teams to help decide which one to pick ?

Should be able to find most everything you need to get started here: http://hwl.habsworld.net/index.html

Contains the rules, the latest files, installation information under the help menu, etc.

Everything you need is at the above URL, Norm. If you download EHM and open the save file, you'll be able to view the roster and attributes for each of the available teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone track down Simonus! Everyone raid their 'other' and *lesser* leagues! HW posters debating playing, remember this - it's a chance to win games against other HW posters and gloat - with no fear of reprisal! (Unless you lose the next game.)

:D

• 11 months later...

We're in the middle of offseason in HWL (draft is done, ready for UFA and Options).

I'm pretty sure this is the EHM league that played the most seasons ever ( The +/- 10th season is about to start).

Still some teams available . Inquire by PM and I'll get you in touch with our League Commish.

Where else can you have Jiri Tlusty as an All-Star respected player ? Hein ? WHERE ELSE ???

I'm pretty sure this is the EHM league that played the most seasons ever ( The +/- 10th season is about to start).

There are leagues out there that have lasted longer, saw one a while ago in year 17...so we've got some work to do to catch them.

Where else can you have Jiri Tlusty as an All-Star respected player ? Hein ? WHERE ELSE ???

We're trying to attract people here, not scare them away. :)

There are leagues out there that have lasted longer, saw one a while ago in year 17...so we've got some work to do to catch them.

We're trying to attract people here, not scare them away. :)

Sssssssshhhhhhh

Some people are attracted by scary things and danger... but they shoudn't be scared, Tlusty will only be naked in Isles locker room...

And All-Stars Game locker room... Yeah they should be a little bit scared...

• 2 weeks later...

reply to your pm.

Sssssssshhhhhhh

Some people are attracted by scary things and danger... but they shoudn't be scared, Tlusty will only be naked in Isles locker room...

And All-Stars Game locker room... Yeah they should be a little bit scared...

How many hours/week does one typically put in?

You can get away with as little as about an hour, probably less when you become more efficient with the game. More or less, all you really need to do is send line sets for 2 sims/week, trade with me, and show you're alive on the board once in a while. Quite an addictive game, some of us are still around since the league was founded back in (I think) 2005.

Come on guys!! The season is going to start soon, don't miss out on your chance to pick up some great available teams that have a great chance at winning the cup this season!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We're halfway through the season and HWL is still looking for new GMs for these teams :

East :

Philly Flyers : Been into a succesfull rebuilding process. Now sitting in a playoffs seed. One of the best dman of the league on this team.

Carolina Hurricanes : Sidney Crosby plays there with Kevin Quick. Arguably 2 of the best players of this league. Playoffs team as well.

Florida Panthers : Sitting in 8th position in the East right now. Good overall team with great goaltending and Nathan Horton (better than in the real NHL).

Washington Caps : If this team had a GM, they would be competing for top of the East. Ovechkin is on this team and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of next draft.

Montreal Canadiens : Having the Habs GMless is unacceptable on Habsworld.net. They won the Stanley Cup a few seasons ago and are still leading their division. Someone please take over.

West :

Chicago Blackhawks : won the SC not so long ago (against my team :( ) and are now struggling due to the no-GM situation over there. Still have a 1st and 2nd pick for next draft.

Colorado Avalanche : Best team of the league. The GM switched team for a new challenge but left them with hell of a lineup. No high draft pick for next draft, but loaded with young guns anyway.

Edmonton Oilers : this team needs help A.S.A.P. Were once a powerhouse in this league, but have been GMless for a few seasons now. Lineup that includes many superstars that could get you big returns for a quick rebuild. they have all their picks for next draft.

L.A. Kings : A real playoffs team. The GM went MIA a few seasons ago but their defensive squad is so damn good that the team is still in a playoffs spot. They would really benefit from having a steady guy in the lead.

San Jose Sharks : Not much to say. Balanced team. They have every of their picks for the next draft.

It's really fun and the best part is that if you win the SC, you can brag on these boards for one full HWL season.

Requires the use of a PC.

We're halfway through the season and HWL is still looking for new GMs for these teams :

San Jose Sharks : Not much to say. Balanced team. They have every of their picks for the next draft.

It's really fun and the best part is that if you win the SC, you can brag on these boards for one full HWL season.

Requires the use of a PC.

Interesting sounding game. How do you play? These "Sharks" sound like a really well-built team!