Injury thread

Habsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be surprised to see Markov dressed for a game very shortly. He has been practicing with the team and looks very strong already. Read the last comments from Dave Stubbs on Twitter, you'll see what I mean:

http://twitter.com/habsinsideout1

BTW, Gionta will see the doctor Monday. Let's hope that he'll get the green light to resume skating. If he does, he'll be in the line-up before Christmas.

Edited by JCPetit

I miss Gio.

Gomez looks like a pee wee without good wingers. (i.e. I could blame him for not making Sergei better, as well as I could blame Sergei for not being able to adjust to Scott)

Problem is that Sergei and Gomer are both playmakers. They need a shooter... one smarter than D'Agostini. Hopefully once Pouliot comes back he's gets a spot next to Gomez. 

"I haven't seen the doctor, I don't know when I will. I need his OK to get back on skates. I have no idea when I'll be able to return." - Gio

Glad to see Habs medical staff is on top of their game.

Dude, Dr David Mulder, Head Team Physician and Chief Surgeon, is INTERNATIONALY known as one of the best of his profession. Please...

No kidding, with Ak46 picking it up they should put Cammi with Gomez and Sk with his brother until the injured guys are back.

There is no balance.

I don't agree.

SK and Gomer are getting to know each other better and better on ice habits every game. SK has been playing *well* and Gomez is getting *better* on O.

I think this way SK also feels he is getting a real shot and that will and must have helped his game.

Gomez will awake and I think that will be soner rather then later.

That little Chicano has alot of pride and I think he will pay himself an a$$ kicker before an a$$ kisser.

+

if we want a well balanced offensive punch then IMO there is no way we can take away this *dating* time SK and Gomer need before the return of Gio.

GO! :hlogo: GO!

They are both passers, you can't put up points passing it back and forth. They are playing well in a ll 3 zones, just not producing many points.

D'Agi actually joined those 2 in practice today. Lapierre between Moen and Pacioretty.

Metro demonted to the 4th line centre between Laraque and Pyatt.

BG also said he did offer a goalie to the Flyers. Wasn't specific but said Halak wanted a shot to be a #1.

SK and Gomer are getting to know each other better and better on ice habits every game.

While I cannot be sure of how they'll end up, I feel they've started to develop some chemistry. I might add that, previous to the last couple of games, there were a few questions about Plex, Cammi, and Kosty. It's only very recently where they've begun to really understand how to play together. I would suggest giving Gomer and Sergei more time, and more to the point, I think they should be evaluated once they have another top-six winger with them (potentially Pouliot). All props to Laps for his efforts, but I don't think he has the savoir faire to be a top-six guy. I'd much rather see him agitating and playing with less pressure on the bottom two lines. In fact, with Metro leading the parade to the sin bin, maybe Max should take a spot in that solid line with Moen and Max.

So now Hamrlik is hurt? :puke:

I've been concerned about this possibility for a while. If he's out for any length of time, we're simply dead meat. Even with Markov returning - for God's sake, even the Righteous Russian will need time to round into form and without Hammer around to help clear the zone and organize plays, he will be keyed on mercilessly and, likely, to seriously harmful effect.

Fingers crossed.

While I cannot be sure of how they'll end up, I feel they've started to develop some chemistry. I might add that, previous to the last couple of games, there were a few questions about Plex, Cammi, and Kosty. It's only very recently where they've begun to really understand how to play together. I would suggest giving Gomer and Sergei more time, and more to the point, I think they should be evaluated once they have another top-six winger with them (potentially Pouliot). All props to Laps for his efforts, but I don't think he has the savoir faire to be a top-six guy. I'd much rather see him agitating and playing with less pressure on the bottom two lines. In fact, with Metro leading the parade to the sin bin, maybe Max should take a spot in that solid line with Moen and Max.

:clap:

I clap to Laps with Max-Pac and Moen. Plenty grit on that line with the duo mentality on O Martin seems to preach.

Sounds good :)

I would like to comment Pouliot but I will wait the habitual 20 to 30 game eval. cuz other wise it ain't fair, right ^_^

but yeah...

more time... more better when it comes to SK and Gomer...

for now :unsure:

Hamr, Gionta and Markov all making the trip to Long Island. I know Gionta skated yesterday. Markov was still having trouble moving laterally as of Monday, has seen the doc, but Martin isn't saying anything for now.

Probably a good sign that both Tom Pyatt and Yannick Weber were sent down this morning.

http://twitter.com/habsworld_net/status/6800950785

My guess is that Hamrlik will be ready for tomorrow and the team will dress 7/11 again. Also on the injury front, Benoit Pouliot will play tonight for Hamilton, see the Bulldogs GDT for his linemates.

Probably a good sign that both Tom Pyatt and Yannick Weber were sent down this morning.

http://twitter.com/habsworld_net/status/6800950785

My guess is that Hamrlik will be ready for tomorrow and the team will dress 7/11 again. Also on the injury front, Benoit Pouliot will play tonight for Hamilton, see the Bulldogs GDT for his linemates.

with the holiday roster freeze does this mean that Pouliot will be stuck in Hamilton until the freeze ends?

with the holiday roster freeze does this mean that Pouliot will be stuck in Hamilton until the freeze ends?

Without scanning through the CBA to find the exact answer, I would suspect he can return as a result of the fact he's on a conditioning stint, a max of 2 weeks in duration. For the record, emergency moves can still be made; teams aren't forced to dress less than 20 if injuries hit during this time. The freeze is in place essentially so that there isn't unnecessary player movement with the Christmas holidays forthcoming. Guys like Weber/Pyatt go down as there won't be a need for them at the moment, but if someone goes down tomorrow, they'd be able to come back.