Injury thread

Habsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the roster freeze was just in terms of trades, etc.

Nope, here's the actual quote from the CBA:

rosterfreeze.jpg

Essentially, you can call a player up, but you can't send him down (unless it's to comply with LTIR, which in theory could apply with Markov coming back tomorrow).

Anyone know of a good site that actually allows copy/pasting of the CBA? (Printscreening/uploading sucks and the actual copy I have is copy-protected...) I know the NHLFA site has it, but they were missing articles and even this one was incomplete.

with the holiday roster freeze does this mean that Pouliot will be stuck in Hamilton until the freeze ends?

I think the holiday freeze is for trades only and not moves within a particular organization. How else could you have recalls in case of injury? Heaven knows Montreal has not had any injuries...

I think the holiday freeze is for trades only and not moves within a particular organization. How else could you have recalls in case of injury? Heaven knows Montreal has not had any injuries...

See the post above yours, it's not just for trades. However, recalls in the event of injuries are permitted.

Markov's return and his timely scoring is an early Christmas gift to us fans! GO HABS GO!

The way he reacted, Mara's injury is probably a fracture. If it's the case, he is out for something like six weeks.

Moen has also been injured, but it did not look too bad.

I guess that a defenseman will be recalled from Hamilton, and maybe a forward, just in case.

It probably won't be the case, but I hope that Gainey will recall Subban and Trotter.

Sure, I know, you don't agree with me. Subban should play the whole year at Hamilton, we should not rush him, etc., etc. As for Trotter, why not Desharnais, White, Pyatt or Maxwell?

First of all, I think that Subban is ready and that he can make a difference with the big club. His stats are the best among the defensemen at Hamilton and he can play a physical game, which is a big plus when you compare him to Weber or Carle. But he is also quite a presence in the dressing room and on the ice. I think that his enthusiasm and leadership (even though he is very young) can be contagious. We desperately need this kind of energy. The young guy reminds me a lot of Mario Tremblay. He was not quite ready for the big league when he was recalled, but he contributed right away with his feisty play. I hope that Subban can do the same.

Trotter is a different kind of player. He shoots right and is a decent playmaker. He has been very good recently with the Bulldogs. I don't think he will fill the net, but we need to try something different. Why not give him a shot?

If Pouliot and Gionta are both set to go tomorrow (the former is confirmed, the latter hopeful), there may not be a need to recall anyone. Bergeron would go back on D (like in the 3rd last night), Pouliot/Gionta replace the vacancy left by Bergeron and Moen (who's been playing hurt for a while now).

If a D gets called up, it'll be Weber. The Habs do try to be fair to their players; Weber's been called up but hasn't played the last 2 times it's happened, they'll make sure to give him the next chance. (Similar to Corey Locke a few years ago when his equipment didn't get to New York, they made sure to give him a game later on in the season - the same will happen with Weber).

Up front, considering how much Martin likes Pyatt/White, it'll be one of those 2 most likely...but I don't think one will be needed yet.

If Pouliot and Gionta are both set to go tomorrow (the former is confirmed, the latter hopeful), there may not be a need to recall anyone. Bergeron would go back on D (like in the 3rd last night), Pouliot/Gionta replace the vacancy left by Bergeron and Moen (who's been playing hurt for a while now).

I thought they said on RDS last night that Gionta may not be ready until the New Year at the earliest...

If a D gets called up, it'll be Weber. The Habs do try to be fair to their players; Weber's been called up but hasn't played the last 2 times it's happened, they'll make sure to give him the next chance. (Similar to Corey Locke a few years ago when his equipment didn't get to New York, they made sure to give him a game later on in the season - the same will happen with Weber).

Up front, considering how much Martin likes Pyatt/White, it'll be one of those 2 most likely...but I don't think one will be needed yet.

Gionta would be a big surprise. He told the journalists that he did not feel ready yet. Not before next week I guess.

I thought they said on RDS last night that Gionta may not be ready until the New Year at the earliest...

Gionta would be a big surprise. He told the journalists that he did not feel ready yet. Not before next week I guess.

Didn't hear that myself, just going off of a report I'd read last week that Wednesday was his target return date. Frankly, I've no issue with him taking another week or so off.

According to The Gazette, Gionta has suffered a "minor setback" in his recovery. He's been told not to skate for four days. He will be examined once again next week. It's probably just some swelling, hopefully. Should be able to skate sometimes before 2010.

Edited by JCPetit

Will be intresting to see what an almost complete roster can do. Extend our winningstreak maybe? :)

Well, since this is Montreal, we can expect another 5 injuries the game those guys come back. We'll play at full strength just long to tease, but not long enough to actually see. I suspect Plex goes down with season-ending knee surgery and both Price and Halak get injuries leading to long down times.

Well, since this is Montreal, we can expect another 5 injuries the game those guys come back. We'll play at full strength just long to tease, but not long enough to actually see. I suspect Plex goes down with season-ending knee surgery and both Price and Halak get injuries leading to long down times.

alright then. If plex goes down, i'm holding you responsible now. :lol: but i guess with our sting of injuries going back almost 15 years now, that is about what we should be expecting :puke:

alright then. If plex goes down, i'm holding you responsible now. :lol:

As you should. I'm going to kick the side of his knee and blow it out so he stops racking up the points and we can sign him cheaper. Thinking guy, I am. :P

The powers that rule the Habs facebook group that I am a part of claim that Hamrlik will play tonight, as will Price. I do not know where they get their information from but they seem to always be right!

I predicted a major injury to Plekanec to a friend of mine a few days ago. Colin is a latecomer and therefore not responsible when Pleks goes down with an ACL tear or some other catastrophic wound. I take full responsibility. ^_^

Incidentally, the omission of Hamr from the Czech national team is a ridiculous injustice. But it favours ye Habs, since he's been overworked this season already.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber