Injury thread

Habsfan

I predicted a major injury to Plekanec to a friend of mine a few days ago. Colin is a latecomer and therefore not responsible when Pleks goes down with an ACL tear or some other catastrophic wound. I take full responsibility. ^_^

Incidentally, the omission of Hamr from the Czech national team is a ridiculous injustice. But it favours ye Habs, since he's been overworked this season already.

Yah, I'm relieved that he'll get a break.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The powers that rule the Habs facebook group that I am a part of claim that Hamrlik will play tonight, as will Price. I do not know where they get their information from but they seem to always be right!

Facebook group strikes again!

No word yet, as per RDS. Sergei and Andrei both missed the practice.

Martin will make the decision before the game tomorrow, if they play or not. Conclusion: they would play if we were in the play-offs.

When Sergei is healthy, he'll likely get the RW spot with Cammy and Plex. Until then, it'll just be more rotation amongst guys like Pacioretty and D'Agostini. There won't be a recall if Andrei's the only one out.

When Sergei is healthy, he'll likely get the RW spot with Cammy and Plex. Until then, it'll just be more rotation amongst guys like Pacioretty and D'Agostini. There won't be a recall if Andrei's the only one out.

It's a good thing for the coach to be able to keep somebody in the press box. If I was Gainey, I would recall somebody. No sense to dress Big Georges every game..

wow. this team is actually cursed. this is ######ed.

We're not cursed, we're just not deep enough. Pouilot helps, but you really need a bottom-6 guy or two who can elevate their game at times like this. We know that Pacs, Dags, etc., can't do that, at least not yet. Maybe Sergei could do it - although he hasn't shown it this season. Good teams have guys who can step in and deliver. We're not there yet.

We're not cursed, we're just not deep enough. Pouilot helps, but you really need a bottom-6 guy or two who can elevate their game at times like this. We know that Pacs, Dags, etc., can't do that, at least not yet. Maybe Sergei could do it - although he hasn't shown it this season. Good teams have guys who can step in and deliver. We're not there yet.

I think Metro could if Whyte were called up. He's a C isn't he?

I think Metro could if Whyte were called up. He's a C isn't he?

Yeah, Metro is the only guy I can think of in the bottom 6 who seems to have that extra offensive talent he can reach for from time to time. Asking him to do it for six weeks, though - that's a bit much :angry:

Big test for Pleks. Can the Would-Be 7-Million Dollar Man raise his game when saddled with one dud winger? We'll find out.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Not that he's the answer, but aren't we still paying Stewart an NHL salary to go to the AHL for conditioning? How out of shape was this guy, he's been down there over a month.

At least would be nice to have someone like him to sit in the press box in case of emergencies.

Not that he's the answer, but aren't we still paying Stewart an NHL salary to go to the AHL for conditioning? How out of shape was this guy, he's been down there over a month.

At least would be nice to have someone like him to sit in the press box in case of emergencies.

I thought he cleared waivers...

I thought he cleared waivers...

Correct, he's in Hamilton and off the cap. Speaking of the cap, here's hoping they don't call anyone up. I've resigned myself to the fact that management appears to be uncaring with regards to the fact they're staring down a reduced salary cap next season, but hopefully they don't make a needless recall to lower it by even more. Sergei's back in a week, he takes the spot on the Cammalleri-Plekanec line. Status quo until then.

Correct, he's in Hamilton and off the cap. Speaking of the cap, here's hoping they don't call anyone up. I've resigned myself to the fact that management appears to be uncaring with regards to the fact they're staring down a reduced salary cap next season, but hopefully they don't make a needless recall to lower it by even more. Sergei's back in a week, he takes the spot on the Cammalleri-Plekanec line. Status quo until then.

Reduced cap?? that hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

Try MAB!

As expected, White recalled. ;)

Try MAB!

Not a bad idea.