Yannick Weber

JCPetit

Interesting article with Yannick Weber on Cyberpresse today. The young man says that he has a lot of icetime at Hamilton. Works pretty hard on the defensive side of the game. He doesn't focus on his offensive stats; says that he understood earlier this year that he really has to become more reliable in his own zone if he is to be successful in the NHL. Says that he still has a lot to learn

Describes the coach, Boucher, as "very special", demanding, the "perfect coach for a young player who wants to play in Montreal".

Played often with Subban and is impressed by the youngster and his talent. Says he works hard to get better and is already showing improvement.

Very interesting comments by a young man who is obviously maturing rapidly under Boucher's tutelage.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...a-apprendre.php

I didn't want to start another thread but got a chance to watch Cristo over the weekend.

He is really good, he is more noticeable out there then Pacioretty was.

He plays alot like Gionta but bigger and probably as fast.

He is tied for the team lead in scoring, he is the leading freshman scorer in his league.

I believe he finished with 2 goals and an assit over the weekend. He plays Rw on the top line, plays the point on the top PP. He shoots all the time, he had like 13 shots on Friday night.

I didn't want to start another thread but got a chance to watch Cristo over the weekend.

He is really good, he is more noticeable out there then Pacioretty was.

He plays alot like Gionta but bigger and probably as fast.

He is tied for the team lead in scoring, he is the leading freshman scorer in his league.

I believe he finished with 2 goals and an assit over the weekend. He plays Rw on the top line, plays the point on the top PP. He shoots all the time, he had like 13 shots on Friday night.

Excellent news. He'll be playing in the World Junior Championship. We'll have a chance to watch him, along with Maxim Trunev (Russia) and Louis Leblanc (hopefully).

Excellent news. He'll be playing in the World Junior Championship. We'll have a chance to watch him, along with Maxim Trunev (Russia) and Louis Leblanc (hopefully).

Last I heard, Trunev wasn't a lock either - he's on the preliminary roster like Leblanc is for Canada.

Last I heard, Trunev wasn't a lock either - he's on the preliminary roster like Leblanc is for Canada.

Trunev has made Team Russia officially. http://www.russianprospects.com/public/art...?article_id=685 With him and Kristo, there will be at least 2 Habs to follow this WJC. Both Joonas Nattinen and Petteri Simila were both on Team Finland's preliminary roster too.

(How did this thread turn into a WJC one again?)

(Who knows.)

And it blows my mind that you're member no. 9. That's status right there.

Don't forget that I'm an HW original, joined the forum the 2nd day it was created, when one of its main uses was for information/tasks about building the original HW back in 2003.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget that I'm an HW original, joined the forum the 2nd day it was created, when one of its main uses was for information/tasks about building the original HW back in 2003.

haha. i remember you guys were always on espn forums. i would log in religiously. then everyone disapeared and came here, but i didn't know.

Great news! Weber will play at the Olympics.

BTW, another Montreal Canadian draftee will play: Konstantin Korneyev, with Team Russia. I guess that he has developped better than Sergei Emelin and Valentenko (traded to the Rangers, if I am not mistaken).

Edited by JCPetit

I count seven players so far, either drafted or playing with the Habs, who will participate to the Olympics: Markov and Korneyev (Russia), Plekanec (Czech Republic), Halak (Slovakia), Weber (Switzerland), and the brothers K (Belarus).

The U.S. will announce their choices tomorrow. I don't see a habs making their team.

I count seven players so far, either drafted or playing with the Habs, who will participate to the Olympics: Markov and Korneyev (Russia), Plekanec (Czech Republic), Halak (Slovakia), Weber (Switzerland), and the brothers K (Belarus).

The U.S. will announce their choices tomorrow. I don't see a habs making their team.

You don't think Gio or Gomez stand a chance?

haha. i remember you guys were always on espn forums. i would log in religiously. then everyone disapeared and came here, but i didn't know.

Yeah, it was about a year before I found HabsWorld after everyone left the ESPN forums. I distinctly remember debating the invasion of Iraq with KoZed on ESPN, haha. Then didn't find out about HW till March the next year, when the infamous LINDEN_FAN mentioned it as a horrible site, so I joined right up! :lol:

Yeah, it was about a year before I found HabsWorld after everyone left the ESPN forums. I distinctly remember debating the invasion of Iraq with KoZed on ESPN, haha. Then didn't find out about HW till March the next year, when the infamous LINDEN_FAN mentioned it as a horrible site, so I joined right up! :lol:

I dont remember debating the Invasion. :P I remember though on 9-11 I was there. Logged on when I woke up early in the morning, was watching Global at the same time. 1st plane had hit, saw the 2nd plane hit live. Was scouring the boards reading what people in NY & Washington were going through and all.